Where to buy a tailshaft spacer ?

Postby dazmit on Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:30 am

Hi

I'm looking at fitting an Ultimate suspension to my MN due to the positive feedback on this forum but I believe they don't sell the tailshaft spacers required to assist with eliminating the dreaded shudder.
Any idea of where I can buy one ? and yes i have used the search function.

I'm also looking at the TJM kit as they have the tailshaft spacer and also wedges for the rear springs (although they haven't heard of flipping the centre bearing), so therefore a one stop shop, however there is limited info on what the finished ride height will be and users feedback.

Only other negative with Ultimate is their preferred intaller in Brisbane is in Ipswich & I'm at Redcliffe prob 1 hour away and then I'd have to hang around their workshop for most of the day - any recomendations for installers on the Northside of Brisbane ?

Cheers

Darryl
Brisbane Northside
dazmit

Re: Where to buy a tailshaft spacer ?

Postby ultimate on Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:58 am

Hi Darrly,

We can supply a tail shaft spacer if you need one. The shudder normally isn't a problem with the MN Triton as the majority have a single piece tail shaft. Even if you have a two piece tail shaft, I strongly recommend you get the kit fitted first to see if the spacer is actually required. As for the rear springs, we manufacture ours with the wedges and try to reduce the chance of shudder as much as possible.
The Team at
Australian Ultimate Suspension Pty. Ltd
Phone: +612 9618 7674
http://www.ultimatesuspension.com.au YouTube Facebook
Designers, Manufacturers and Installers of performance aftermarket suspension for Cars, Trucks and 4wds
ultimate

Postby Brett05 on Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:27 am

PM sent Darryl
If I pushed a copy of myself off a cliff, because he was swearing. Could I be charged with making an obscene clone fall ?
Link to Centre Bearing Mod viewtopic.php?f=18&t=6394
CAD & PDF files Centre Bearing Mod http://www.newtriton.net/phpbb/download/file.php?id=638
Brett05

Postby dazmit on Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:09 pm

Thanks Brendan & Brett

I've now sourced a local place to fit it for me so I'll organise a kit shortly Brendan :D

A fair bit of info their Brett - Thanks.

Cheers

Darryl
Brisbane Northside
dazmit

Postby reeldreamer on Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:02 pm

Didn't think you needed the tail shaft spacer as the MN had the one piece tail shaft already? Could be wrong though.

Mitch
Bash plates and other cool gear from Prestige Offroad Accessories

http://www.newtriton.net/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=80
reeldreamer

Postby ultimate on Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:07 pm

Didn't think you needed the tail shaft spacer as the MN had the one piece tail shaft already? Could be wrong though.

Mitch

Unfortunately some MNs came out with a two piece tail shaft.
The Team at
Designers, Manufacturers and Installers of performance aftermarket suspension for Cars, Trucks and 4wds
ultimate

Postby Brett05 on Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:21 pm

How's your setup going Mitch. Did you get it all sorted with DriveLine Services

Brett
If I pushed a copy of myself off a cliff, because he was swearing. Could I be charged with making an obscene clone fall ?
CAD & PDF files Centre Bearing Mod http://www.newtriton.net/phpbb/download/file.php?id=638
Brett05

Postby reeldreamer on Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:53 pm

Brett05 wrote:How's your setup going Mitch. Did you get it all sorted with DriveLine Services

Brett

Yeah mine has settled in really well! There is a tiny bit of shudder but I can live with it. Certainly a lot better then when I got it lifted originally.

That sucks about the 2 piece in the MN's! I've been told that tail shaft spacer don't really work that well. I know Brett's centre bearing lowering idea does work!

Mitch
Bash plates and other cool gear from Prestige Offroad Accessories

http://www.newtriton.net/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=80
reeldreamer

Postby Brett05 on Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:00 pm

Funny you say that...the spacer didn't work for me (ironman) no built in wedge....fridgie has my spacer and works for him (ultimate)
Brett05

Postby ultimate on Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:15 pm

Every vehicle is different so it's hard to predict. Some Tritons come in with a shudder which goes away with the lift and sometimes the lift produces an unbearable shudder. That's why we always recommend just starting with the suspension and working on it from there. Often flipping the centre bearing is enough. If not we use the spacer and go from there.

The centre bearing mod that Brett does looks the goods. Unfortunately we can't complete that mod on a commercial basis. We would have to get each vehicle engineered which is plausible but expensive for both us and the customer.

At least the Triton shudder isn't as bad as on a short wheel base GU Patrol. They shake the engine mounts off if you raise them over 30mm.
The Team at
ultimate

Postby Buzzy on Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:29 pm

Tailshaft spacer will do very little anyway................... if anything.
The tailshaft angles are the problem
Buzzy
Valued Contributor

Postby dazmit on Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:45 pm

Mine has the 2 piece tailshaft but I'll be biting the bullet and ordering a Ultimate kit from Brendan soon once I check a couple of things with my local mechanic who will be installing it. :D
I'll reverse the centre block and see how it goes.

As I have the poverty pack GLX and all models above have a sports suspension as Standard mine already seems to sit approx 20mm higher than all the GLR's & GLXR's so I'm only expecting another 20 - 30 mm lift to what I have now - will be interesting how it turns out.

Cheers

Darryl
Brisbane Northside
dazmit

Postby ag9111 on Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:23 pm

I have a GLR and the Ultimate lift gave me the shudder. No drama when it was all loaded for the outback rip but come back when unloaded with another 9000km's on the clock. Ken and Brendon went out of their way to assist but its still there. Loaded with my work gear its noticable but unloaded its a very much in your face.
If Brett would get of his butt ;) and cad up those drawings, I will probably go down that track as its not worth re-engineering what he has done. Even a quick sketch will do Brett. Pretty please. :D
I love cats, but I couldn't eat a full one!

Mud is like unprotected sex
30 secs of fun for a lifetime of grief
ag9111
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Brett05 on Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:38 pm

i'm hearing you guys, sorry about the delay :oops: ........will have it for you this week :D :D
Brett05

Return to Suspension