Enging problem after cleaning inlet manifold

Petrol, gas, fuel tanks etc

Enging problem after cleaning inlet manifold

Postby s13tsilvia on Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:52 am

Hi All

After removing my inlet manifold upper and lower and cleaning out, i have done a couple of trips of over an hour at a time in the car and then it seems the car goes into limp mode but nothing is displayed on the dash via any warning lights etc. Power goes down, boost etc the car just literally limps along, i was doing 100kph and it kicked in, it would stay at 100 but i had to keep the foot down on the go pedal, so running a test i kept going, no funny engine noises etc and the fuel ecomony just kept dropping and dropping on the gauge, from 10.1 down to 6 when i stopped.

I then shutdown and restart the car and it seems to be ok, but i havent done any extended driving say for another hour after restarting the car.

I have double checked all connections hoses etc and all i have is the egr blank in and that is it. ML 3.2 engine

Cheers Josh
s13tsilvia

Re: Enging problem after cleaning inlet manifold

Postby gregned on Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:57 am

Intermittent Blocked/ obstructed map sensor line?
Hills maketh the man
Why do you have to ride today? Because getting fat never takes holidays
gregned

Re: Enging problem after cleaning inlet manifold

Postby Froggy on Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:28 am

If you haven't installed a map sensor mod, then it'll be the egr blank.
Many have experienced these limp modes suddenly starting. With my car, it does it all the time with a egr blank. I haven't experimented any further with check valves etc
Froggy

Return to Fuel Systems