No Turbo

Petrol, gas, fuel tanks etc

No Turbo

Postby telelynx on Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:56 pm

I have an MN 2013 GLX with 8,000Km on it, just driving and there was a sudden woosh sound and a detergenty smell and I lost power. Now the engine management light is on and I can here a high pitch whine and air when the turbo is supposed to boosting but no power, any ideas? I cannot see any obvious hoses leaking...
telelynx

Re: No Turbo

Postby Kegsy on Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:00 pm

Probably blew the charge pipe off the back of the turbo...

On the drivers side, on the bottom of the turbo is a rubber hose and clamp, make sure its still on and the clamp is tight.

Also check the connections on the intercooler piping. Hot and cold side right up to the throttle body. Taking the front grille off makes it easier to access.

Pretty common for this to happen if a clamp is loose.
Triton be gone :cry:
Kegsy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Kegsy on Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:01 pm

double :lol:
Kegsy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby telelynx on Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:02 pm

Thanks Kegsy, all sorted, had to take the plastic air intake off the air filter and release the reservoir above it, there's a bit of oil been splattered around there.. but she's running at full pwer again. The engine management light is still on, do I need the MMAL dealer to reset it?
telelynx

Postby Kegsy on Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:27 pm

Not sure if the code will clear itself or not, depends what code it is... Tony or someone else might know more.

Disconnect the negative battery terminal and leave the parker lights 'on'. Reconnect it after 30mins and see how it goes.

The oil is pretty normal, its just the PCV doing its thing. Search 'Catch can working' and read the mammoth thread about it. Crack a 6 pack, you'll need it :lol:
Kegsy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Tony on Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:38 pm

Don't worry about the check light, it will just log code for underboost and light will go away after several starts. (The Code will remain logged and the dealer can clear it on next service.)

You will need to clean the charge pipe with some solvents (Brake cleaner works well) where it fits over the turbo or the same thing will happen again as the little buggers make enough pressure to inflate a tyre. :roll: :lol:
Tony
Platinum Subscriber

Return to Fuel Systems