After a Tune / Remap DONT DO SQL

Petrol, gas, fuel tanks etc

After a Tune / Remap DONT DO SQL

Postby coughy on Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:13 pm

Ok so i dont know where to put this but here looks ok i have had a remap done as most ove you know
i have just learnt that you CAN NOT DO A SQL now that it is remapped on a mitsubishi as it tries to remove / lean out the mapping that has been done
so the down low torque is up the creek now with no paddle in a barb wire canoe but the mid to top end should still be ok
so i found out GGGRRR wish they would of told (ME) us this when done after a tune
so i have to go back to the dyno and get the tune placed back on the car GGGGRRR again but this time will only take 15min they say as they have the file on record and it is a common fault in the mitsubishi clan of cars and /4x4's
so quick run on dyno after the file is loaded to test all is good again and im out of there

cant say Thank you enoght to the ULTIMATE DIESEL TUNNING lads at geebung here in brissy as they are true champs doing this again to my car
lol im nilly on a first name bases there accutally i rang and said to the guy on phone it is me with the challenger and he goes ( OH HI M8 AGAIN we see you lol) so yer they know my
spastic special car well

SO DO NOT DO A SQL AFTER A REMAP

i thought the car was down on grunt at the bottom end of the rpm and blowing a bit of fuel on squirting the loud pedal
Read this First ;) ;)Then still cant find what you are after
Use this Second ;) ;)Then still no Joy Go Here
Look in this thread 8-) 8-)
coughy
Platinum Subscriber

Re: After a Tune / Remap DONT DO SQL

Postby BIGJEZ on Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:27 am

Sorry to sound stupid but what in the sam hill is an SQL?
BIGJEZ

Postby Jason91 on Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:19 am

Handy to know coughy, going to go home and look through my paper work and see if it was done at my last service
Jason91

Postby NowForThe5th on Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:03 pm

BIGJEZ wrote:Sorry to sound stupid but what in the sam hill is an SQL?

Small Quantity reLearn.

It aligns the mapping in the ECU to the actual performance of the injectors based on a series of tests.

The problem, of course, being that if you have an ECU tune it will overwrite the injector performance parameters and this may affect your tune.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby BIGJEZ on Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:14 pm

Oh okay.. i bought an AutoCYB OBDII port lock from the states.. stuck a sticker on it that looks official which reads : It is an offence under the crimes act to remove this device.. no warranty issues and no questions asked.
BIGJEZ

Postby L200Shogun on Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:14 pm

SMALL INJECTION QUANTITY LEARNING

The fuel injection characteristics of the injectors and the friction resistances in the cylinders vary slightly by cylinder. Engine-ECU learns these differences and makes compensations so that the fuel injection amounts in the cylinders are uniform.
Engine-ECU uses the crank angle sensor to detect the speed for each cylinder during combustion and memorizes the cylinder differences in the form of learned values. Then, the learned values remain stored in engine-ECU memory until it is updated.
This learning takes place automatically after the vehicle travels a predetermined distance. It is normal for the engine to sound somewhat different from the ordinary during the learning process. Furthermore, it is possible to force the engine-ECU to learn through the use of the M.U.T.-III.
L200Shogun

Return to Fuel Systems