Fuel Quality (Diesel)

Petrol, gas, fuel tanks etc

Fuel Quality (Diesel)

Postby martyboy on Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:24 am

Just thought to let you guys know I filled up yesterday at Caltex on Blackburn road (Melb) and the pump had (premium) displayed on all the diesel pumps. The price was there abouts in terms of all other stations but I have noticed a marked increase in performance with this fuel... The car feels like it has more torque and wants to go harder....
I wasnt sure if there was a premium diesel fuel and i have not seen it at any other caltex stations ( I have a caltex fuel card)....I will fill up there more often now though.
martyboy

Re: Fuel Quality (Diesel)

Postby sierra on Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:27 pm

I started with Caltex from day one and switched to BP Ultimate within a few weeks.
From memory Caltex is minimum spec by reg. 46 cetane? While BP Ultimate is 51 - 55 cetane. That might explain the difference? I had to change because mine was running rough on the Caltex.
sierra

Postby mmaaxx on Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:03 am

Yeah new Caltex Vortex Premium diesel has been out for almost 2 months now in victoria...unfortunately we dont get the BP Ultimate diesel....have heard great things about it but they just wont bring it into victoria.....

was using normal BP diesel which I found was the best fuel until this new caltext diesel came along...yes, it does increase fuel consumption slightly.
The Punisher's Build - - http://www.newhilux.net/myshed.php?view=1&id=35
max@monsterrides.com.au
mmaaxx

Postby Blue on Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:49 am

mmaaxx wrote:Yeah new Caltex Vortex Premium diesel has been out for almost 2 months now in victoria...unfortunately we dont get the BP Ultimate diesel....have heard great things about it but they just wont bring it into victoria.....

was using normal BP diesel which I found was the best fuel until this new caltext diesel came along...yes, it does increase fuel consumption slightly.

Intersting Max, I have a BP and Caltex card with my lease - BP was way more smokey and I was getting ~100km less per tank...
Vegetarian - Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot that can't hunt or fish.
Blue
Platinum Subscriber

Postby did3.2 on Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:35 pm

Just filled up today with the Vortex premium diesel after a course in Queanbeyan and did 110 klms on the run home and WOW! huge difference in performance, :o had a tail wind as well but a very noticable gain in power and slight economy improve 9.0l/100klm at 105 and 115 on hume hwy(GPS speed). :)
Very impressed, will fill up with this when ever I see it now. 8-)
Family, Friends and Four Wheel Drives!
did3.2

Return to Fuel Systems