LOOK GENUINE MITSU DIESEL FUEL SYSTEM CLEANER

Petrol, gas, fuel tanks etc

Postby mad992 on Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:29 pm

look guys i think and mitsubishi think that this could be the holy grail in our problems that we in australia seem to be having because our diesel fuel is so third world or second rate that the giant japanese car maker has insisted every 15000klms one bottle for every service maybe this will help our piss poor diesel ,but anyways i got a bottle and im gunna chuck it in and see why mitsu demand this be done at every service for all did diesels in australia :) maybe ill see a difference but rest assured if mitsubishi have put there name to well it must work, by the way bottle says made in japan
Click to view larger picture
will let you know what i think :D
mad992

Re: LOOK GENUINE MITSU DIESEL FUEL SYSTEM CLEANER

Postby Joe on Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:04 pm

Nice looking bottle :D

Just wondering how you're going to know if it has done any good mad. Seems like a good idea though if Mitsu Aust are recommending it.
Dad
----
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
Joe

Postby easyt on Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:07 pm

so what exactly does it claim to do if you only need to ad it once every 15000k's?
-
MY08 GLS Auto 3.2DiD
Car PC with 7" touch Screen, Reversing Camera, OBDii interface.
Chip-IT chip
-
easyt

Postby stefanos on Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:18 pm

Hey guys,and Mitsu here in Greece recommendig it.A mechanic in Mitsu says that is a very good product.
stefanos

Postby mad992 on Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:15 pm

well the bottle says add before filling up to 75 liters and then joe i plan to drive it like i stole it :lol: cause this gear will clean all that soot and carbon and crud from inside ..... look only time will tell if i notice any performance or power increase but hey ill give it a go :) this product is brand new into australia its been overseas for some time with great results so now MMAL have decided to bring to our market to try and help with this surging and carbon issue in our 3.2 and 2.5 did, due to our crud diesel :!:
mad992

Postby AUSCAM on Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:26 pm

If this is going to save mitsubishi having to replace many inlet manifolds and fix any other issues caused by the crap build up then they would surely have to supply this product for FREE to all ML onwards triton owners every 15000 km
AUSCAM
AUSCAM

Postby lazarus on Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:06 pm

Can u just purchase this at Mitsu dealerships or not?
MY2013 MN GLX-R Auto, diff lock, diff breathers, bash plates, tub liner, reversing sensors, Safari snorkel, BFG KM2 M/T, Rhino Pioneer roof platform, Caddy Alpha Canopy, Dual Battery, Waeco CFX-50, Air Compressor ...
lazarus

Postby mad992 on Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:46 am

AUSCAM wrote:If this is going to save mitsubishi having to replace many inlet manifolds and fix any other issues caused by the crap build up then they would surely have to supply this product for FREE to all ML onwards triton owners every 15000 km
AUSCAM

its part of the 15000klms service so you need to go to dealer to get it,iam not sure about price or if sold separetly, but another thing is this product was bought into the country with the new ASX suv awd because the new small high revving 2.0ltr diesel engine in that model uses this fuel conditioner to maximise performance, so mmal now use it in all DID
mad992

Postby borngeek on Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:43 am

mmm even though i am dubious i will drop in and see my 'good ole mate' dealer principle at my local stealer and swindle a bottle off him as continued punishment. :lol:
Will ask how much it is but wont be paying for it :mrgreen:

tech looking bottle :P

thanks for sharing MAD992! :D
Don't be a tool, use this: FORUM DIRECTORY

Did you search first?

FL/LSD FTW

Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :lol:
borngeek
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Steane on Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:28 am

That's a flash looking bottle :D But I can't see it making any difference to carbon/soot build-up. It's only going to clean the fuel system, not the inlet manifold. I doubt Mitsubishi are flogging it as a cure for carbon build-up.

Be interesting to hear your feedback though MAD. I've used fuel conditioner in mine on a regular basis and noticed no change. The only additive that has made a difference was 2T which in my case at least seemed to quieten the injectors noticeably.

There are other threads on here that discuss using products to clean the inlet manifold. I think Subaru has a product that you spray into the inlet piping while fast idling the engine, but I think the consensus is that it's probably not a smart move in a high comp diesel engine.

I think the dealers have a process that cleans the inlet manifold as well, can't remember what it's called though.
Steane
Platinum Subscriber

Postby mad992 on Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:17 pm

ok guys,

went to local BP and cracked open this magic little bottle, had a sniff man this stuff reeks of highly toxic petro chemical oven cleaner with a hint of dog shit thrown in :oops: :? thats a good description of this product and it smells foul,anyways i threw it in and i filled up my truck with bp ultimate ,we drove to brisbane and yes i will say i deffinately noticed how smooth and quiet the engine is :D could be the ultimate though that is good diesel 8-) anyways only time will tell but if you go by the smell and if mitsu have put their name on it must be good so long term i think to see some benefit ,i must add my fuel economy hasnt gone past 9ltrs per 100klms and it was over 10ltrs before using so double thumbs up for mitsubishi fuel conditioner :!:
mad992

Postby Jitsukablue on Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:10 pm

Man that bottle is like the Chuck Norris of cleaning products, show it to the engine bay and the engine will clean itself.
He who dies with the most toys, wins
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters...
Jitsukablue

Postby borngeek on Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:06 am

:lol: :lol: better add that to chuck norris facts thread

stopping in for a bottle to see.

Did you search first?

FL/LSD FTW

borngeek
Platinum Subscriber

Postby renperc on Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:54 am

Has anyone heard anymore on this?
First pants then shoes. Life is that simple!
renperc

Postby daryn on Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:11 am

Nope.
daryn
Valued Contributor

Postby mad992 on Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:17 am

renperc wrote:Has anyone heard anymore on this?

sorry guys iam a slack bugger,
iam still on the same tank of juice and my triton is still powering iam very happy with the way it is running it is running so good :D
look i know another member is trialling this product and he will give a full report as to the product,but i do stress it is a FUEL CONDITIONER approved by mitsubishi japan so it is only added at 15000klm intervals
cheerz mad :D
mad992

Postby Racer on Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:19 pm

I have mention before on here, I run Chemtech Diesel Power. This claims to prevent algae, clean injectors and a little more. Maybe it is the same style of additive?
09 ML GLX-R 3.2
Racer

Postby borngeek on Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:31 pm

Well I am 'that other member'.. (thanks for giving me a chance mad992 ;) )

I have a couple of bottles arriving this week for testing.. (gee my dealer loves me for some reason.....)

Just filled up today (but I empty a tank weekly - max 10 days) so will be letting you all know ASAP!
(today did 66 litres on 574Km = 11.5 approx on my usual city circuits. - vortex diesel for me always from a high output outlet.. ie. they get fresh batch weekly)

mad992 is using BP Ultimate (lucky bugger) so his injectors are most likely better off than mine in any case..

Really hoping this stuff makes a difference (that lasts!)

Its definately not something Mitsu dealers will sell at the parts department... Its internal use only and suprisingly the dealer i use (that has sold the most ASX's in the country) hadn't heard of it before mad992's post :? They have a box on the way ;) They will be trialling it also and will share their thoughts too... AMAZING!

BG :ugeek:

Did you search first?

FL/LSD FTW

borngeek
Platinum Subscriber

Postby mad992 on Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:29 am

THANKS B G :D ,

mate i didnt wanna blow your cover, guys my truck is running so good since ive dropped a bottle of this magic japenese potion so ill leave the reporting back to someone with CRED :lol: BG is that man ,lets all see what he thinks of this product :!:
mad992

Postby Cowboy Dave on Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:35 pm

borngeek wrote:Well I am 'that other member'.. (thanks for giving me a chance mad992 ;) )

I have a couple of bottles arriving this week for testing.. (gee my dealer loves me for some reason.....)

Now about that trailer you were bringing to Walcha/Geraldine - I think I just thought of something I'd like you to tow up there for me :idea:
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby SkIp on Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:57 pm

So...?

Hows it going? got a bottle today, adding it tomorrow when I fill up the Titan
SkIp

Postby mad992 on Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:10 am

SkIp wrote:So...?

Hows it going? got a bottle today, adding it tomorrow when I fill up the Titan

sweet skip you WILL NOTICE a difference mate :D
mad992

Postby SkIp on Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:45 pm

Put it in the tank this arvo before putting 65L in it. Once the fuel in the line was used I did notice the difference, less engine noise and smoother running. Will be good to see how much improves with time.
SkIp

Postby mjwilmo on Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:04 pm

Was reading through my owners manual yesterday (as you do) and noticed that it said:

'If these prblems occur (black smoke and rough idling caused by deposits on the injector).... be sure to use a genuine MITSUBISHI DIESEL FUEL SYSTEM CLEANER.... For details, please contact the nearest authorized MITSUBISHI MOTORS dealer.'

So, looks like it should be available to customers..
mjwilmo

Postby Racer on Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:01 am

How much?
09 ML GLX-R 3.2
Racer

Next

Return to Fuel Systems