price on new injectors any ideas

Petrol, gas, fuel tanks etc

price on new injectors any ideas

Postby NTBB on Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:01 pm

Has any got a idea on how many $ a new injector for the 3.2 is including programing if needed ?
I bought my 4wd out of NEED not want.
NTBB

Re: price on new injectors any ideas

Postby Lee-thal on Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:05 pm

got a vin number and will ask a mate that works in a parts dept
Lee-thal

Postby NTBB on Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:25 pm

PM sent thanks Lee 8-)
NTBB

Postby NTBB on Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:49 pm

Thanks for getting back to me Lee all i can say is :shock: :o :shock:........i'm off to price up a up-grade on my 94 slow lux(turbo..ect) this common rail stuff is getting to rich for my blood :evil: :evil:
NTBB

Postby ML-VR08 on Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:05 pm

how much?
ML-VR08

Postby Marchy on Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:24 pm

I wouls be interested in a $$$ figure as well.
Marchy

Postby Lee-thal on Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:11 pm

$700 each injector and about 250 to install and program.

a question though why did you want to replace them, i would think that are never too many issues with them and if there was most injectors can be repaired.

cheers
Lee-thal

Postby NTBB on Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:14 pm

sorry guys been off looking at pre common rail options.. :roll: So with code and fitting $950.00 each :evil:
and with MMAL standard warranty practices good luck getting them to cough up for a replacement reckon you would get the "contaminated fuel " defence....... :| Add to this the chance of filling up with shit fuel could end in tears (check complaints on hi lux on google). I wanted to keep my tri for a long time after warranty but unless the after market guys can give us some options (check the price on skip's cv ;) ) might be more economical to get a fully moded pre common rail proven 4wd.....Sorry about the rant.... :oops:
NTBB

Postby NTBB on Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:18 pm

From what i understand the common rail ones are very limited with with their repair options....so what can be done to the tri's injectors :?:
NTBB

Postby aff38 on Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:41 am

I have to agree with you there NTBB, I have a MN manual that I will be definately selling in two years as the Mits warranty and Diamond care crap is not worth the paper it is written on. I would warn all new buyers of Mitsubishi vehicles to seriously think about another manufacturer due to the bull sh#t you have to go through everytime there is a problem under warranty. In my personal dealings with car manufacturers, Mits are by far the worst I have had to deal with. This is the only reason I would not buy another Mitsubishi....because of the hassle and bull sh#t with warranty.

I also have a 1996 Diesel Hilux with an after market Safari turbo kit and this vehicle has never let me down. The injectors are $65 each and I have only put in one set in 200,000k's and this has travelled all through the middle of Australia with zero problems. I do change the oil quite often, but oil and filters are cheap.

My missus has a Holden Astra and Holden rang us up and asked if they could pick up the car and change the radiator as they were worried there could be a problem with it. They did this, and also changed the pulley on the alternator all at the same time and they initiated this work. I don't even like Holden vehicles but they have won me over and I am more than happy with GMH now. Will always be my choice of second small car.

Just my personal experience.
aff38

Postby Lee-thal on Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:02 am

aff38,

Do tell what problems have you had with wty with Mits, dont just generalise as it may have just been the dealer you had. I have not had any problems in getting mine fixed under wty, i had a check engine light on at 2000km that turned out to be mud in wiring connection, Mitsy paid the time that it took for them to find it and it was not a manufacturing fault.
Every time i send it in it is never a problem.

cheers
Lee-thal

Postby NTBB on Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:38 am

In your case its not what you know but who lee.
I have had lots of problems been without my car for over 2 weeks with no loan car and no other options and the whole time MMAL made it as hard as possibal and my case is not isolated...... ;)
It has got to the stage that it is cheaper for me to get my local mech to sort the problems out at my expenses.
I live 60klm from town on bad roads and when i don't have my tri i can have 3 kids isolated from the small hospital in my town this can make for some big delays in getting treatment to a injured kid.
In a critical situation this lack of transport could be tragic (i had my 3yo medevac out 2weeks ago)
MMAL don't give a rats that i forked out big $$ to provide a safe enviroment for my kids to be left in a situation of isolation due to a sh$t warranty attituide.

Ps Full respect to RFDS
NTBB

Postby aff38 on Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:46 am

Lee-Thal

I am not generalising and I have had multiple problems with my MN Triton and still waiting on two issues to be sorted out. I will let the forum know when this has all been done and depending on the effort the dealer puts in, I too will paste my problems and the dealer on every 4WD forum I can.The dealerd is now trying with MMAL and they are far from helpful.

These issues have been ongoing since March this year and still are not resolved.
Don't get me wrong, I do believe there are some good dealers that have far better pulling powers than the small dealerships and I think NTBB is right in saying it is who you know.

Regardless of the size of the dealer I, or anyone else should not be stufferd around by MMAL. I think you may just be lucky Lee and have one of the very few good service departments to deal with.
I like the Mitsy product but the p#ss poor service and the hassle of getting any warranty work done and the total lack of spare parts in this country for the MN model is enough to make you consider dealing with a different manufacturer with a slightly better reputation and a more reliable vehicle.
aff38

Postby Lee-thal on Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:03 pm

NTBB,

I know for a fact that MMAL will provide a loan car for when yours is off the road, providing the dealer requests it,if the dealer does not ask it doesnt happen. now depending on your location it would depend if a rental company was close by.

aff38,

why can you not talk about the issues you are having, maybe someone else has had similar issues and can assist with a resolution, no need to name and shame the dealer but you never know how much help you could get.

cheers
Lee-thal

Postby NTBB on Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:18 pm

MMAL would not provide a loan car whilst it was in the fault finding stage then when they did deem the fix a warranty issue a week later the best they could do was from a hire company 300km away with the added problem of me having to pick it up myself and once the problem was fixed i had to pay all charges untill i was able to pick up my vehical.
Not very pratical when runnining a labour intensive small busines and not having transport to collect the hire car.. :roll:
To get MMAL to the point that they would come to the party was a huge stuff around and the risk of having to pay for the hire car my self during the fault finding stage with the statement of MMAL of "will possible"
pay me back the cost incured was pretty risky.
Also the fact that my car was towed 300km away from home leaving me with no transport to collect the illusive loan car the option of using another big named hire company 100km away was not in thier commercial
intrest.
I would happily buy a vehical with a 2 year 100000km warranty with a lower sticker price that had flexability with thier warranty and a good supply of reasonably priced parts.
NTBB

Postby snowman on Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:23 pm

Lee-thal wrote:NTBB,

I know for a fact that MMAL will provide a loan car for when yours is off the road, providing the dealer requests it,if the dealer does not ask it doesnt happen. now depending on your location it would depend if a rental company was close by.

When my differential was out for two weeks for warranty repair i asked, very firmly, for a loaner, which i got, but i had to pay the first $300 (i got the second week free). In hindsight i am sure it is a nice little earner for the dealers to use their demo vehicles for this purpose.

in fact i was told that a loan car is NOT the responsibility or a requirement of the dealer or MMAL under the warranty terms. Do you know where it says this any differently?
This car is like a bad drug habit. It is taking all my money and time, my family are concerned, but new mods just feel sooooooo good.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby NTBB on Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:36 pm

Sorry mods for going so far off topic maybe this should be moved to warranty thread... :oops:
On my point of the injectors I could just see my wife and kids dodging spears and nulla nulla's at Wayde (port keats) whilst they wait for me to remove my ecu to post to darwin to get my dodgy diesel stuffed injectors coded... :shock: :?
NTBB

Postby aff38 on Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:31 pm

Lee

I have already had one diff replaced and the new one is starting to wine again. The motor sounds like someone is pooring ball bearings into the intake and rattles like all f#ck non stop, not just when it is cold, and the fan is locked on all the time and will not shut off no matter how cold it is or how fast you are going.
All these issues have already been raised on this forum and some people have had them repaired under warranty and some have not. From what i can work out from this site, it looks like if you know someone or have used a large dealer then things happen.
If you used a small dealer that are too scared to threaten MMAL then it is a full on f#ckin excercise to get anything done.
Like I said these are my personal dealings but from what I see here and also on what i read on other forums these MN tritons are a piece of junk.
Paying $44k for a vehicle I should get better service from MMAL and the dealer than I am getting. In all fairness I will give the dealer a chance but this is their last chance.
aff38

Postby Johnathon123 on Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:39 pm

I took mine back to have the diesel knock fixed

This was the Mitsubishi response

Receipt of your correspondence regarding the above mentioned vehicle is acknowledged.

Naturally, we regret to read of your dissatisfaction with the Triton and your comments have been noted and are respected.

Please be advised that Mitsubishi Motors Australia Limited (MMAL) do not provide technical assistance directly to our valued customers as we are unable to make an accurate assessment via phone or email. MMAL empower the Service Managers at authorized Mitsubishi dealers to make decisions and they have access to the MMAL Technical Support team and the MMAL Regional Representatives for advice.

In order to be of assistance, we have contacted our Regional Representative who has advised that the information provided by the dealer suggests that the condition you are experiencing is the adjustment of the fuel quantity and timing control by the engine management system, and is considered normal for the Common Rail Direct injection engine in this model Triton.

While this condition does fluctuate with engine RPM and load, it is not a fault with the engine and does not indicate a manufacturing defect.

As per your Service & Warranty book, MMAL will repair or replace any original equipment components identified as defective in material or workmanship. The warranty does not provide for refunds or replacement vehicles.

We trust that the above information clarifies our position in this regard.

Good luck with it
Johnathon123

Postby Lee-thal on Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:46 am

aff38,

So the people that have had them fixed, what have they had done? Maybe ask them what was replaced etc, then take this to the dealer and show them, maybe they are just dumb and dont know what to do. From what i know MMAL tech needs info from the dealer to assess problems, if the dealer is useless then you are prob going to get nowhere.

cheers
Lee-thal

Postby NTBB on Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:56 pm

Why should we have to do MMAL's job for them.... :?
The warranty MMAL supplies is only as good as the support network they offer. So if any of the dealers are "dumb" that would make MMAL idiotic for alowing them to support thier product....... :roll:
For the record my dealer spent as much time defending my right to have my car covered under warranty then they did fixing it..... :x
May be MMAL should pay the dealer more then penuts for warranty so i don't get dumb monkeys working on my Triton... ;)
NTBB

Postby Longranger1 on Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:29 pm

I sure hope the injectors last in my truck. At the price quoted I think I would book a flight to Thailand, buy them over there, come back and still have a lot of change left over...
The voices in my head may not be real, but they do have some damned good ideas.

If it's feral, it's in peril.

MN turbo lag? What lag??

99% of lawyers give the rest a bad name.
Longranger1
Platinum Subscriber

Postby NTBB on Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:36 pm

Yeh longranger get monstertriton to code them for you and have a ball on the change...... :lol:
NTBB

Postby aff38 on Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:44 am

Lee
I think they know the problem with the fuel knock but it is going to cost mitsy a lot of money if everyone with the MN starts a run on this. As for diffs and other straight foward items it is just a battle that is won in the end.
I think this fuel knock or rattle is a major problem with this 2.5 engine and some people with limited mechanical knowledge don't even know they have this problem. Not all MN's are affected.
And don't forget the dealers get very little time or labour rate to diagnose and repair these problems and if they spend too much time trying who pays them??? Mitsy give the dealer bugger all, so there is the problem between the buyer the dealer and the company, but in the end and has happened before, if they are unable to repair this problem then under consumer protection laws here in Australia you are entitled to another vehicle or a refund.
aff38

Return to Fuel Systems