Fuel Pump Issues

What were your warranty claims and recall information

Fuel Pump Issues

Postby martyboy on Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:42 am

saurus did the vehicle start after you took it out?
Did you try anyting or was it just a get in and get out mission?
martyboy

Fuel Pump Issues

Postby Eelesy on Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:48 am

The service bloke did say that the sparky had a look for a couple of hours yesterday and it looks like there is a problem with the computer. it may need to be replaced.

So i dont know if the TDC box is faulty or it caused the fault or anything, i just figured it would be a good idea to remove it just in case
I'm not dead
Eelesy

Fuel Pump Issues

Postby Wallace on Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:59 am

They should have been able to download the fault codes from the ECU which would have given an indication of where the fault lay or at least a starting point, seems a bit strange that they would have a sparky look at it when they should have the technology at their finger tips! Then again the ability to accurately interpret this might be lacking. The engine ECU has a limp mode which it should revert to in times of impending doom?????? To me it would be a simple task of removing the input fuel line to the filter and using an independant power source at the fuel pump to ascertain if it is actually the problem.........
The loneless road is the one you walk alone
Support Beyondblue
You never know when you will need the help.
Wallace

Fuel Pump Issues

Postby Eelesy on Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:07 pm

Alright, i get my ute back tomorrow, apparently there was a dodgy connection where the wiring harness connects to the fuse box in the engine bay??

And i was making a bad connection and sending mixed signals to the computer.

While they are still not entirely sure why it happened, dont everyone think their ute is gonna blow up cos they have a TDC chip in it.

I have an idea it might have been when i had an accident almost a year ago and during repairs they had to replace a lot of the wiring in the engine bay due to damage.

But they agreed to cover it by warranty so all is good, at least i had a vehicle in between. i will be sure to ask them for a copy of the final diagnosis tomorrow though.
I'm not dead
Eelesy

Fuel Pump Issues

Postby Stu on Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:14 am

Good News, Dave at TDC got back to me and the unit is going back so they can have a look at it. While it still means no powerbox for a couple of weeks at least they are going to do something.

saurus do you have your ute back? & have you checked the boost light on the powerbox?
If god didn't want us to eat animals, he wouldn't have made them out of food
Stu

Fuel Pump Issues

Postby Eelesy on Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:01 am

i pick it up in an hour or so, i will check the boost light like you descibed earlier.
I'm not dead
Eelesy

Previous

Return to Warranty/Recalls