More hotline fix no.s added to Tech article (including the heavy steering issue)

What were your warranty claims and recall information

More hotline fix no.s added to Tech article (including the heavy steering issue)

Postby subi_man on Thu May 29, 2008 3:18 am

Hi guys, I have added a couple more Hotline Fix No.'s to the [url=http://www.newtriton.net/index.php?view=article&item=12&id=]Tech article[/url].

There is one for the heavy steering issue, so if you are concerned about this, you can now quote it to your dealer.

Cheers
Andrew

Never judge a man by the size of his shed, but by how many toys he has IN that shed
subi_man
Valued Contributor

Postby High Country on Thu May 29, 2008 4:02 am

Good work Subi - keep it up!! Think I'll nominate you & Urshetc as being prime candidates to be moderators.........8-) 8-)
Tip # 1 - Avoid stress & grief & low resale values with vehicles - do it once - do it right, buy a HILUX!!
High Country

Postby Urshtnme on Thu May 29, 2008 6:36 am

Nice work Subi!
Urshtnme

Postby trickydevil on Thu May 29, 2008 6:57 am

You guys are gold8-) 8-) I have my ute booked in to get the rear spring kit done tomorrow as well as the rear strut on the hard cover. Hopefully all goes well. Also took and auto for a spin yesterday and the traveling mitsu display in coffs. Awesome. Forgot how good they go unloaded. Felt like i was dragging my bum on the ground being in a ute without a lift:o
trickydevil

Postby Buzzy on Thu May 29, 2008 7:06 am

Nice mate ;)
Buzzy
Valued Contributor

Postby Buzzy on Thu May 29, 2008 7:06 am

Andrew for PM!
Buzzy
Valued Contributor

Postby right_revenge on Thu May 29, 2008 7:07 am

BRAVO !!!

at the n° 1 there's the same problem that I have but never official recognized :(

Mitsubishi in Italy is not as serious :(
right_revenge

Postby subi_man on Thu May 29, 2008 10:54 am

haha thanks guys - I was a little surprised to find the steering Hotline fix. I'll keep listing them as they come to hand 8-)
Andrew

Never judge a man by the size of his shed, but by how many toys he has IN that shed
subi_man
Valued Contributor

Postby subi_man on Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:38 pm

Scanned in the details for the steering hotline fix :)

Andrew

subi_man
Valued Contributor

Postby Greedy on Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:15 pm

This sounds like it will be an easy out for them if I'm not careful (and beligerant)
I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal labotomy!

It ain't pretty being easy!!
Greedy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Iron_eagle70 on Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:37 am

So to me that says they wont fix it unless it occurs with RPM UNDER 1800.. Is that right
Life isn't like a box of chocolates. It's more like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today, might burn your butt tomorrow
Iron_eagle70

Postby slimv6 on Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:52 am

This is such good ammo! How many of you guys got this issue with a petrol edition?

mine's 7626B025

s
I'm not as thunk as you drink I am. ;)
slimv6

Postby Buzzy on Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:16 am

iron, that is correct. I ask my stealer about it and if it dosent happen under 1800rpm they dont want to know about it. "characteristic of the car" :-)
Buzzy
Valued Contributor

Postby GLX-RSilver on Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:12 am

Hey Subi good work i haven't any problems with any hot fixes yet but if i do i know what to look for and quote.
Cheers
GLX-RSilver

Re: More hotline fix no.s added to Tech article (including the h

Postby scubapro on Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:10 am

Guys I have finally won my fight with Mitsu on this problem

I went to a different dealer with these papers in my hand but the guy did not seem interested in it, so I thought here goes again more excuses.

However after an hour while I was in my local Anaconda store I got a call & the Guy said my stering was DANGEROUS whooopee someone finally took the time to check the steering properly. He was even concerned that I wanted to drive the ute home. But I had no choice as this is the only transport I have.

Anyway the part was ordered & is waiting for my ute first thing monday morning. I am not sure if I should name the Dealer for legal reasons but I reckon he treated me well & is going to fix a ute they did not even sell me.

The Dealership in on Parramatta Road at Lidcombe, I think good Dealers should be named & given our support.

Thanks to everyone that helped with information that eventually will get my ute fixed.
scubapro

Postby scubapro on Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:02 pm

Bad news guys, after fitting a new steering pump this morning the problem is still there.

The Dealer has escalated to problem to Mitsubishi & is waiting for an answer.

I will keep you posted as soon as I learn anything.
scubapro

Postby subi_man on Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:54 pm

I found the problem didn't disappear completely, but the new pump certainly made it better - hope they can sort it for you scuba :?
Andrew

subi_man
Valued Contributor

Postby scubapro on Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:33 am

Thanks subi they rang me yesterday saying that mitsu head office was stating that this is how the steering is designed.

Bull what would happen if I was towing my boat & had to do a fairly quik manover & the steering jammed up :shock: :shock: .

The Dealer is trying to do the right thing by me (not the dealer I bought the ute from) I even suggested that it is the demand valve in the steering box not keeping up with the oil flow & he also thought about this but Mitsu has different ideas. "It is a charastic/design of the car". Who in their right mind would design a car with this.

Anyway I will continue to fight to get this fixed. I used to work in the State Govt. so I know how to get my correspondence to the notice of people like the Premier & Minister's directly without their flunkies opening them first.

So if I get no joy from Mitsu, I will write to the revelvant Govt Dept's, NRMA & Media with copies of the Hotline Fix attached. No one should be expected to pay $45,000.00 for a car that has a steering problem. I have been driving a Pajero since 2005 & two different models & they do not have any steering problems.

Anyway subi thanks for your help & I will keep everyone posted.
scubapro

Postby Buzzy on Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:35 am

Bringing back an old one I know but thought you guys may like to know.
My Lux is March 08 model and it has the same prob as we have had with our Tritons :?
Low rpm & speed, turn then try and turn the opp way sharply..........very heavy :shock:

How is everyone going with this??
Buzzy
Valued Contributor

Postby Homer on Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:47 pm

In a couple of words Buzzy "it sucks".

On the one hand, because it is VERY difficult to drift the car in the wet without the wheel nearly tearing out of your hands it has stopped me doing it - as much ;)

On the other hand I was a very lucky boy when it first happened :o

In short the car would not pass a safety test for any police run defensive driving courses not to mention scrutineering for a track day - if picked up they rarely drive test them

I sent the official form in to the Vehicle Recall Advisor at the Vehicle Safety Standards Branch. You have to do this with full details to lodge a complaint for recall.

I hope I have posted the forms below.

No I haven't , it appears to not let me upload a word doc??
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby sam on Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:03 pm

So Buzzy is this a known prob with the Hi Lux as I haven't seen it mentioned on our sister site or have I missed it as I only look on there every now and then :?: :?:

Is it as bad as the Triton or less/worse :?: :shock:
sam

Postby Buzzy on Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:44 pm

Prob not as bad as the Triton sam but its definatly there.
Not sure how known it is sam I cant recall seeing it over on the darkside. Although I wasnt realy looking either.
Maybe one of our Hilux friends may know about it?
Buzzy
Valued Contributor

Postby subi_man on Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:38 pm

Homer wrote:I hope I have posted the forms below.

No I haven't , it appears to not let me upload a word doc??

Seems we can't attach word documents to a post, but Homer's files can be downloaded from this FTP site (hopefully! please let me know if they aren't accessible)
Defect report covering letter
and
Defect Report Form

Cheers
Andrew

subi_man
Valued Contributor

Postby Buzzy on Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:45 am

Thx for that Andrew
Buzzy
Valued Contributor

Return to Warranty/Recalls