60000km Service at zupps mitsubishi

Discussion on servicing, engine oils, gearbox oils, diff oils etc

Postby coxy47 on Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:39 am

gday everyone

i recently had my truck serviced at Zupps Mistubishi at Aspley for its 60000km service.

Long story short i was looking at the reciept this morning and noticed that they charged me $293.51 for OIL!!!!!!!!!! After ringing them and asking what oil they put in the truck and how they can possibly justify $293 for 9.3L of oil i was sold some bullshit story about rising oil prices and that its some specially blended Castrol stuff.

Just wondering if anyone else has had trouble with the Zupps service centre or if there really is a justifiable reason for that cost?

Cheers

Chris
coxy47

Re: 60000km Service at zupps mitsubishi

Postby Cowboy Dave on Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:36 pm

I agree with Tex - about 3 times what it should be unless that amount includes other oils as well - like the diffs and stuff but I would expect those to be listed separately.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby Diablo on Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:17 pm

From memory that's about right if they replaced all your fluids. Zupps did mine at the 60 thou and it was a similar amount. But that should have included diffs and transmission as well
Recoveries.......
Recovered.
1. Fridgie x lost count (in the 20s I recon)
2. Kyle x 1 (Coomera)
3. Joe x 1 (Coomera)
4. Perko (LCMP)

Recovered by.
1. Joe @ City View
2. Fridgie x Lost count (in the teens)
3. Joe @ Coomera

4. Bounce23 @ GH
Diablo

Postby coxy47 on Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:03 pm

Yeh well I know its utter bs especially when at work we buy complete oil replacements for turbine engines for much less. What annoys me the most is the bullshit story the service department told me upon questioning. Apparently its a specifically blended Castrol Oil thats fully synthetic and is so expensive because of the rising oil prices. I cant see it being economically viable Castrol making a special blend for the 3.2 DiD engine, and more to the point fully synthetic oil should be independent of oil prices.

The price they quoted me for the service was what they charged me ($790 which while i thought was still high i figured since i just bought the car it was safer to get it serviced at mitsubishi and due to ease i settled with zupps because it was close to me) and even though it was expensive it was only about 100 more then my normal mechanic i deal with so i assumed it was reasonable and ive only got myself to blame that i didnt check it when i picked up the car.

Diable - it only says "Low Ash Diesel Eng Oil" so not likely. It does say they checked the transmission and diffs but not replaced.

I intend on doing a bit more research and having a more 'heated discussion' with them when they reopen on wednesday though i really dont expect any results due to it being completed a while ago.

Cheers for the input though
coxy47

Postby fridgie on Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:21 pm

Mate, next time if you can spare the extra travel....
Eagers Newstead is the way to go ;)

Look after you and your tri really well and don't charge the earth. I won't take mine anywhere else now :D
I'm not so good with the advice :oops: ... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment??? :twisted:

FORUM DIRECTORY - Click here

SEARCH TUTORIAL - Click here

MY TRITON - SEE IT HERE
fridgie

Postby coxy47 on Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:26 pm

Yeh Ive read that thread and have my car booked in at Newstead next friday to deal with the carbon buildup in the manifold. Im seriously considering to get them to check over the rest as well just for piece of mind and because I now have no faith in zupps.
coxy47

Postby fridgie on Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:36 pm

coxy47 wrote:Yeh Ive read that thread and have my car booked in at Newstead next friday to deal with the carbon buildup in the manifold. Im seriously considering to get them to check over the rest as well just for piece of mind and because I now have no faith in zupps.

I did the same thing, was told my brakes were fine but a couple of belts were cracked.....turns out it was the other way around. My rears got so bad after the service they have now been machined to the point of no return and I've had to source a secondhand set of drums to fit when I get the chance. Yet the belts are fine :?

It's a great feeling dropping your car off with someone you trust ;)
(even if they do give you crap on the forum about the condition it's in :lol: )
I'm not so good with the advice :oops: ... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment??? :twisted:

FORUM DIRECTORY - Click here

SEARCH TUTORIAL - Click here

MY TRITON - SEE IT HERE
fridgie

Postby coxy47 on Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:20 pm

Well when the options are between brakes that are about to fail or getting given crap on the forum I think I know what Id go for :D

Ill post up how I go with Zupps on Wednesday.
coxy47

Postby Diablo on Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:10 pm

I will never go back to zupps. thought i was doing the right thing seeing as i brought it there new. but after going to Eagers, I know they have ripped me off at Zupps, and have not done some of the stuff they should have. I can only hope they have done what they charged me for. my 60 thou service was over $1100 :twisted:
Recoveries.......
Recovered.
2. Kyle x 1 (Coomera)
3. Joe x 1 (Coomera)
4. Perko (LCMP)

Recovered by.
1. Joe @ City View
3. Joe @ Coomera

4. Bounce23 @ GH
Diablo

Postby coxy47 on Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:41 pm

Diablo wrote:I will never go back to zupps. thought i was doing the right thing seeing as i brought it there new. but after going to Eagers, I know they have ripped me off at Zupps, and have not done some of the stuff they should have. I can only hope they have done what they charged me for. my 60 thou service was over $1100 :twisted:

Id be hoping they did what they charged for as well, I thought my price was high. Just out of curiosity which Zupps did you got your service done at?
coxy47

Postby Diablo on Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:56 pm

helensvale
Recoveries.......
Recovered.
2. Kyle x 1 (Coomera)
3. Joe x 1 (Coomera)
4. Perko (LCMP)

Recovered by.
1. Joe @ City View
3. Joe @ Coomera

4. Bounce23 @ GH
Diablo

Postby coxy47 on Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:03 pm

Ahh ok. Mine was at Aspley.