Beginners Servicing Guide + How to Guide - 2.5L Di-D

Discussion on servicing, engine oils, gearbox oils, diff oils etc

Beginners Servicing Guide + How to Guide - 2.5L Di-D

Postby jmorellini on Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:03 am

G'day peeps,

I haven't posted on here for a long while but really appreciate the wealth of knowledge everyone on here offers to each other and I have learnt a great deal from many of you!

I know a lot of topics with servicing have been covered in a heap of separate topics but when trying to point a mate to something as simple as how to do an oil change and what he should keep an eye on between services, there wasn't really one key spot he could bookmark. Other than a service manual which can be difficult for a beginner to get their head around.

This lead me to search for an easier option and I happened to stumble upon this incredible site with free car manuals running through all the basics from:
- How to check all your fluid levels
- How to change your oils and filters
- How to inspect your brakes, tyres and suspension.
- It also has a full list of fault codes
- Servicing schedule and what should be done at each service (Slightly different kms due to an overseas guide)

All simple for those that know what they're doing but a great start for beginners

This is all based on the L200 2.5L Di-D (Some images may be slightly different for different models as it's an overseas website but it's a whole lot better than nothing!)

https://teon.co/cars/mitsubishi-l200-diesel-2-dot-5-di-d/manuals/533a9ee602444eff91000007

I have no affiliation with the company but I think it's definitely worth a look and bookmark especially for those new to it all.

Keep up the great work team,
Juzzy!
jmorellini

Return to Servicing