2011 MN Triton 83,000ks radiator core leaking

Discussion on servicing, engine oils, gearbox oils, diff oils etc

2011 MN Triton 83,000ks radiator core leaking

Postby unwritt3n on Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:47 am

Hi all.
So I've always had my car serviced at the dealer since I bought it. My warranty ends in 1 month.
Had my service yesterday at my mates shop (wanted a second opinion before warranty expiry) who picked up a few things that should have been done or wasn't done correctly by the stealer.

Anyway, that aside. He noticed the radiator core leaking. It's very noticeable now, as it's stained on the underside when looking at it. I'm gonna call the dealer today for a replacement under warranty. Anyone had this done successfully under warranty? I just know based on passed experience how hard it is to get things sorted under warranty. He also mentioned the manifold getting quite blocked and reckons I should also try that under warranty... Any thoughts/tips?
2011 Mitsubishi MN Triton GLXR Manual
unwritt3n

Re: 2011 MN Triton 83,000ks radiator core leaking

Postby BillMcQuade on Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:38 am

Depends on why the core is leaking; corrosion damage might be covered if you can show that all the coolant changes were done. Given the low km, you would expect it to last longer.

Mechanical damages (including tube to header joint failure from flexing) will not.

They will try and get out of it anyway they can.
White 2013 MN GLX+ manual

"Tuned by Doctor Diesel"
BillMcQuade
Platinum Subscriber

Postby strangeblue on Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:28 am

Had mine replaced this year under warranty for same. Was picked up in a pressure test during a service so was a very small leak. Mitsubishi told the dealer to repair it but they successfully argued for a replacement without involving me at all. Was post an engine replacement for overheating so they argued that the crack probably happened when the temp went to 124 degrees...
strangeblue

Postby unwritt3n on Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:11 pm

Interesting. We'll I've booked her in next week... Will see how this pans out
2011 Mitsubishi MN Triton GLXR Manual
unwritt3n

Return to Servicing