2.5L Diesel ML part numbers?

Discussion on servicing, engine oils, gearbox oils, diff oils etc

2.5L Diesel ML part numbers?

Postby in_denile on Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:01 pm

Wondering if anyone knows the OEM or aftermarket part numbers for the 4D56 engine.

I got quoted $65.50 for an oil filter and $76.85 for an air filter at McGrath Mitsi
What a rip off!

Anyone know if the Z313 oil filters for the older 4D56s models will fit?

Cheers/
in_denile

Re: 2.5L Diesel ML part numbers?

Postby sierra on Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:45 pm

Just got back from Repco after buying the genuine 1230A045 oil filter to compare.
The filter for the 3.2 is exactly the same except for it's a bit longer and would foul the compressor outlet hose leading to the intercooler. The earlier engine has the same filter, as you thought. The Z313 is indentical measuring it with vernier calipers but the Ryco was $63 even more than the $59 I just paid for the genuine one.
The Repco ROF49 at $53 is another alernative but the cheapest they had was the Silverline OF49SL which was about 15mm longer but should just clear the hose and is only $21. They all have the internal valve.
The important thing is that Z313 because the Mitsubishi number above doesn't cross over to anything.
sierra

Postby in_denile on Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:19 am

Thanks sierra, It's good to share what minimal info there is on the 2.5Ls.

Funny thing is, they quoted me $61 over the phone and charged me $51.04 over the counter! :lol:

Don't know which one is right, but they are definely stupid. Can't do nothing without VINs.
in_denile

Postby sierra on Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:50 am

Denile,
There must be heaps of info in Europe where they've had this engine for 3 years but I haven't had much luck finding any.
The workshop manual comes up but usually becomes a pay site and on the one occassion where I thought I had struck gold it was an attack site.
I'm certain everything else is the same as the 3.2 and 3.5 have apart from the transfer box and front axle. Same gearbox, back axle[no diff locker] lower ratio LSD[higher gearing] because it's lighter, same brakes, steering, suspension etc.
I gave up trying to use the manual posted on this forum because it was so unstable, perhaps I was doing something wrong but it's in the bin now and have put some feelers in the trade to see what can be found?

The parts guys have a cushy number at the dealers, it makes you feel guilty for disturbing them from whatever they do to pass the time until the daily customer rocks up to be ripped off. You did alright.
sierra

Return to Servicing