75,000km Service

Discussion on servicing, engine oils, gearbox oils, diff oils etc

Re: 75,000km Service

Postby sydneymark on Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:25 pm

just had the 75k service done, on a mn 2013, no valve clearance i was told, that is next time, all up $679.

the interesting part is i had a look at my dashcam, it showed it being parked on the street for most of the day, seems to have been in the service bay for about 3 hours being worked on, so that seems about right, but the annoying thing is it was finished at 2pm (and parked back on the street) but i didn't get the call to say it was ready to be picked up until 4.30, like wtf?
i rang up and asked what the deal was and the service manager said it was cos 4.30 :? was the time they said it would be ready at!
the dealers seem to like saying "get it to us by 7am" but you still get it back at 5pm, go figure
my13 White GLX manual, ARB canopy, air compressor , bull bar & tow bar, Alpine head unit, AVI speakers, Ultimate Suspension, MSA canvas seatcovers, IPF HID spotties, GME UHF, Tail-gate lock, 4LED reversing light, Ebay snorkel, 2nd battery, aldi winch
sydneymark
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Ianl on Tue May 02, 2017 7:21 pm

Got 75000km service done today car has 48647 on the clock 2013 model Glxr Triton. I take it to this dealer due to my hours at work I start at 5/5:15 every day and finish anywhere from 5/ 7 at night. They rang me at about 9am saying that the front break pads needed replacing and discs machined $640, battery needed replacing $259, wiper blades $66. Due to working 6 days a week and even though I could get the brakes done cheaper elsewhere I agreed to the brakes but not the battery or wiper blades.
Was messaged at about 3pm car was finished I had organised to leave work early and had booked a lift with there curtesy bus for a 4 pm pick up by 4:20 the driver hadn't rung me so I rang them and after initially inferring that I hadn't booked in put me on hold for a good 5 min before coming back and saying the bus was stuck in traffic and she would come and get me herself. Needless to say when we got to the service centre the bus was parked up.
When they gave me the bill I choked $1596.45
$940 labour
Oil filter, gasket drain plug, washer additive, valve adjustment seal kit, gasket inlet manifold, gasket inlet manifold,pad set front $370.45
Oil $96
Miscellaneous $44.87
Last service Mitsubishi ever does on my car it would be cheaper in the future to have a day off and take it to my mechanic close to home
Tell me what you think
Cheers ian
Ianl
Platinum Subscriber

Postby snakesoup on Tue May 02, 2017 8:10 pm

it's highway robbery! and is why I've never had mine serviced by mitsi... bloody rediculous
snakesoup

Postby Jason91 on Wed May 03, 2017 8:21 am

snakesoup wrote:it's highway robbery! and is why I've never had mine serviced by mitsi... bloody rediculous
Ianl wrote:Got 75000km service done When they gave me the bill I choked $1596.45
$940 labour
Cheers ian

You guys are getting out lightly lol

When I was young and stupid and I owned one of my previous cars which was an xr6 I paid $6,000 in two years. $3000 in parts $3,000 in labor.

I won't even tell you what my old lady has paid over the years on her Land Rovers but I'll tell you that the price in parts and labor could have paid for a GLXR triton lol

I've now reached the point where I won't take it anywhere near a dealership because they charge like wounded buffalo and don't do the work they are claiming to do.

I went in and asked about my EGR blow by problems before I had my car tuned and fixed and the service wanker just laughed at me and said it's supposed to do that. And when it came back from the last service they gave it back to me with and airlock. Furthermore I was having problems with my clutch barings and they wanted to charge $150 before they had even pulled the box out to look at it. When I can just take the $150 go elsewhere and have it fixed.
Jason91

Postby RHKTriton on Wed May 03, 2017 8:54 am

Unsolicited tasks and charges are a bugbear for many.

A dealer should be able to offer the most competitive price for servicing - have factory training, special service tools and parts inventory on hand, with the benefit of regular exposure to the product - slap - reality....... apprenti usually let loose on your pride and joy, only one senior mechanic in the site (often past their use by date), hear the sound of mash hammer and long bars poking out around vehicles, oil stains everywhere ( inc interior), later find return visit required as parts have to be ordered in, etc..... :lol:

DIY servicing is the go, if you are competent or comfortable doing it. Gives you a chance (forces you) to have an inspection of the underside, you know what fluids and parts have been replaced and you save lots of money to use for trips, etc.
Don't let the b'strds get you down!!
RHKTriton
Platinum Subscriber

Postby braydenc on Wed May 03, 2017 9:40 am

Snooozy wrote:done today as 60mth service
includes $9.95 for workshop supplies...whatever that was for :? :?

Lunch I would say
2013 MN dual Cab check my Instagram out heaps of 4x4 pics https://www.instagram.com/4x4campingandadventures/
braydenc

Postby Ianl on Thu May 04, 2017 6:44 am

I bought this car after owning a few HZJ75 cruisers where I did all the servicing my self the only reason I take it to the stealers now is the warranty and not wanting any reason for comeback when and if the motor lets go.
They wont be touching it again though :evil:
Also the warranty on the blinker/light stem what did they do to all of yours they pestered me with letters and all they did was put on a smear of electrical grease.
Ianl
Platinum Subscriber

Postby gspy4u on Thu May 04, 2017 10:43 am

Ianl wrote:Also the warranty on the blinker/light stem what did they do to all of yours they pestered me with letters and all they did was put on a smear of electrical grease.

yep that's all it was, they have a special plastic thing that adds grease to it, that's all
gspy4u
Platinum Subscriber

Previous

Return to Servicing