Price For 30K Service

Discussion on servicing, engine oils, gearbox oils, diff oils etc

Re: Price For 30K Service

Postby jamespb78 on Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:27 pm

Had the 30,000km service done a dealer than the other day. I now have a faint tapping sound from the engine. I am guessing it relates to them doing the valve clearances check.

Has anyone else has noise AFTER the valve clearances were done? Most reports I read usually say the engine ran smoother and quieter...

A few people suggested it may be due to them NOT doing a SQL. Whilst I have a basic understanding of what a SQL....not quiet sure how that would change a tapping noise?

Noise is rather faint, so I'm doubtful the dealer will be able to hear it if I go back.
jamespb78

Postby Squeezy on Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:02 am

My Triton is 2.5 years old and only done 22000km. The last service 15,000km was done in June 2015 under capped price servicing.

It was due again a month back according to the sticker Mitsubishi had stuck on my windscreen, but when I went in today I was told I had missed the "Window" for capped price servicing and if I wanted the 30k km service it was going to be just over $900 .. WTF

From what I can see the only things replaced at 30,000km is the Engine oil and Fuel filter. How can they even justify the price if they had accepted the capped price service which would have still been $540.

Anyway I'm taking my Triton to my local mechanic for a log book service. I'm sure it will be a lot cheaper
Squeezy

Postby L200Shogun on Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:04 pm

30k km is valve clearances
L200Shogun

Postby Maxiy on Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:36 pm

Yep had my valve clearances done with my 30k. Had the 30k service done by my family mechanic and he charged me $700 for it (was a few extra things i got done at the time so actual price may have been less)

Went with my local because when i called my dealer and asked for the details of the service they guy told me that they do an AUDIBLE valve clearance test. I asked him what exactly that involved, and after dodging the question he finally said they 'AUDIBLY check to see if the valve clearances need adjusting, and if they do, the work to adjust them would be extra'. so in other words, some bloke turns the car on, listens to it, then decides if they want to slog me for more money to do the clearances properly.

Have not had my truck serviced at the dealer since the 15k, will not be going back there for as long as i have it.
Maxiy

Postby Sav on Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:52 pm

Hey guys I'm just about to get my 30k done and really not comfortable going to the dealer after a previous experience. But at the same time very worried about the warranty stuff as it sounds like Mitsubishi like to cause issues.

So basically if it's serviced elsewhere what do i need to make sure they do?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Sav

Postby Terror on Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:08 pm

explorer.dave wrote:When you say "brands of consumables" are you referencing non-genuine parts? only asking as 30K service would have you with warranty and non-genuine parts can void that, apart from that it is good having a local mechanic you can trust with the work.

Non-geniune parts will NOT void your factory warranty, as long as the parts used are designed for that vehicle they are fine, eg, your local mechanic can use a Ryco filter as long as it is designed for a Mitsubishi Triton.
Terror

Previous

Return to Servicing