Price For 30K Service

Discussion on servicing, engine oils, gearbox oils, diff oils etc

Re: Price For 30K Service

Postby Eelesy on Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:16 am

Does this sound ok?

30K service quote was $374 from the dealer. he mentioned it was pretty much a standard service but the fuel filter would also be changed.

I asked about the tappets as i have heard they may need doing. he said that they do an audible check and that more often than not, they are ok.

price sounds alright, eitherway, im gonna call up ultratune anyway to get a quote.
I'm not dead
Eelesy

Postby Jitsukablue on Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:14 pm

I think thats about what I paid. One suburban dealership quoted double that, so it pays to shop around. Ultratune were slightly more. One dealership insisted they must be adjusted regardless, and that MMAL had told them it was now manditory on the 30k service, but no other dealership was singing of that song sheet.
He who dies with the most toys, wins
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters...
Jitsukablue

Postby FreestyleCab on Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:14 pm

$630 for my ute today. The dealer quoted me about $570 for the service if they needed to do the valves, which of course they had to, but I can certainly notice the engine is much quieter now.

It also aparently needed a new air filter, even though I changed one out somewhere between 15k and 20k, the dealer rang me and said it was clogged and wanted to know if I wanted to have them blow it out or swap in a new one, consequently the service cost broke through the $600 barrier! :o
I guess this is the downside of being tail end Charlie on most of the 4wd day trips I have done....My ute gets to suck in a convoy of 4x4s dust...even with the snorkel!
Brett
FreestyleCab

Postby fridgie on Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:47 pm

walked out payin $570-odd for the 30,000k service. 'Apparently' the air filter was clogged and needed replacing....interesting seein as its only been on the black stuff and only gets out on weekends (hence over 2 years to hit 30,000) but hey.....shoulda taken redcliffe up on the offer when they said about $275 for the 30,000 but i thought it was too cheap to be a decent service. Now I know better!! :evil:
I'm not so good with the advice :oops: ... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment??? :twisted:

FORUM DIRECTORY - Click here

SEARCH TUTORIAL - Click here

MY TRITON - SEE IT HERE
fridgie

Postby mikecass54 on Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:59 pm

Just had 15k service done at Gold Coast Mitsu Dealership and asked how much the 30k service was. They told me it would be $920 and that the 45k service would be $960. I gather from what has been posted I will be ripped off. Has anyone had their DID dealership serviced at 30K at the tweed or the southside of Brisbane. If so how much was it?
mikecass54

Postby Racer on Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:35 pm

mikecass54 wrote:Just had 15k service done at Gold Coast Mitsu Dealership and asked how much the 30k service was. They told me it would be $920 and that the 45k service would be $960. I gather from what has been posted I will be ripped off. Has anyone had their DID dealership serviced at 30K at the tweed or the southside of Brisbane. If so how much was it?

You certainly need to find a good local mechanic mate.....that is crazy.....It would be cheaper to drive down to Newcastle and have it serviced....
09 ML GLX-R 3.2
Racer

Postby Eelesy on Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:49 pm

i have a question, who has done their own 30K service, cos mitsi quote $375, automasters $325 for the same thing. parts required, oil, oil filter, fuel filter come to about $165.

So i recon i can save myself some money and do it on sunday.

i can live without the roadside assist, RAC has it for 125 a year, so even with that and parts, its cheaper than a service at mitsi.

anyone done their own?
I'm not dead
Eelesy

Postby Greedy on Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:28 pm

For warranty to be continued, it should be done by a registered mechanic. The service book needs to be stamped.
I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal labotomy!

It ain't pretty being easy!!
Greedy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Eelesy on Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:31 pm

dang. oh well, stuffs that idea. ill go with automasters/ultratune and continue to do the 7500 in betweens myself
I'm not dead
Eelesy

Postby geocamper on Mon May 11, 2009 6:17 pm

$681 for a 30 000km service at one of the Mitsi dealers on Sunshine Coast today. Got it down to $597 after complaining to manager but still not satisfied. No plugs, no valve clearance checks. $92 worth of oil!!! Unbelievable. Glad it's salary packaged but I'll be going elsewhere in future. Should've joined this forum sooner
geocamper

Postby sheepo on Mon May 11, 2009 9:41 pm

hi got mine done last week 30,000 km sevice oil filter $47.12, fuel filter $72.12 oil $59.16 total of $569.58 dollars, they did the tappets and said most of these 3.2did motors, triton and pajero the inlet valves are all to tight outlet valves were fine cheers peter
Peter
08 VR
sheepo

Postby craig1 on Tue May 12, 2009 6:52 pm

had the pricks at mandurah mitsubishi do my service the other week they wouldn't put bash plate back on because it was dented even after I took it back and told them to put it on, ended up putting it back on myself took all of 5 minutes. think they were just being wankers. I asked if everything that isn't protected was covered by them because they took it off the reply "shit NO!"
craig1

Postby Greedy on Tue May 19, 2009 10:55 am

Just got quoted $420 from the dealer I bought the car from. The place I want it done was $520 but was more than happy to price match once he was told. This will also include an inspection for the carbon issue. He wasn't keen on that but I don't want my ute stopping. Apparently, they do tappets religously at 30K. My bet is this will be the standard "audible" check. I got the 15K done at a local mechanic as it's cheaper and I know the 30K would be cheaper as well but I want the carbon issue looked into and I'm not too sure what can be done through a local mechanic with regard to warranty issues. :?:

Greedy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby brenze87 on Tue May 19, 2009 4:01 pm

hey greedy where abouts is the dealer you got quoted $420 from. I was quoted double that at like $900 plus. bullshit if you ask me.
brenze87

Postby Greedy on Wed May 20, 2009 9:06 am

brenze87 wrote:hey greedy where abouts is the dealer you got quoted $420 from. I was quoted double that at like $900 plus. bullshit if you ask me.

Agostino's on Main North road initially quoted $520 but were quick to price match the more "Australian" dealer who initially quoted the $430. The $420 I put in my last post was a typo. maybe a bit of dislexia creeping in. :oops:

Greedy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Greedy on Wed May 20, 2009 9:46 am

Tex wrote:The one time I went to Agostino's on Main Nth Road they were [censored] useless.

Didn't have the part the car was there for and didn't bother letting us know. Just wasted a day.

While the missus was picking it up there were two people complaining about lack of service and a repair not getting done with the service even though it was booked in for both.

I won't be going back there.

Just my 2 cents worth.

I hear you Tex. I've had the same issues at Aussie where I bought the car. Given, it's a daily driver though, location tends to sway me a bit. I also suffered a bit from their "service" at 7500km but there aren't many options between Crafers and Gepps Cross. I'm only going to a dealer because i want the carbon issue checked out as a warranty claim.

Greedy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby King Triton on Wed May 20, 2009 11:53 am

Just had my 30k serice done and the local mechanic i have been using since i bought the car charged me $400 which included the Mitsu Oil & Fuel filter as well as checking/adjusting the Tappets.
I think that that price is pretty good considering the Mitsu dealer i bought the car from has been bought out by a local large Holden dealership and they wanted $700 for the 30k service.
King Triton

Postby brenze87 on Wed May 20, 2009 7:58 pm

So we do not have to have our major services done at a mitsubishi dealer? If thats not the case MMA is full of shit. They rang me a while back saying that if did not get my 30,000km service done at a dealer my waranty is null and voided. But is ok to have the intemediate services done by any mechanic or by myself?
brenze87

Postby Greedy on Thu May 21, 2009 8:14 am

Nah!! They're full of shit. If you read the warranty paperwork, the services have to be done by a registered mechanic. You will lose roadside assist though if not done through a stealer.

Greedy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Greedy on Tue May 26, 2009 10:22 am

Had the service done yesterday and came in as quoted ($430) except for an extra $4.31 they added on for cleaning the windscreen. They got told about that as I didn't request it. :twisted: The carbon build-up issue was checked and apparently "not too bad". A new suction control valve is on order though as mine has the older style fitted. After hearing Rick's dramas last weekend, I'm happy with this result. Tappets weren't adjusted as they didn't need doing apparently. I should have taken one of my "cheap" oil filters in but forgot and got slugged $45 for it. :oops:

Greedy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Homer on Tue May 26, 2009 12:36 pm

I always wonder why they stuff up a good job by doing silly little things like add ons to clean the windscreen or change wiper blades?
Surely they know that even if they do a top job on your car it will give you the sh$ts to pay for a windscreen clean!
I've never heard of that one before Greedy and you would have to think they were dumb f***ks if they thought someone would pay a dealership to do that? er rubbed against your side mirror 45cents please.

Like my 15K service - they charged $55 for this - "we checked your cruise control and found it working fine, but as it was after market we had to charge you". What the??

At the same service - charged $55 to "check your rear spring squeak because you have after market suspension".

And the girl was put off when I laughed at her?
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby Greedy on Tue May 26, 2009 1:28 pm

I think they were trying to get me back for asking for a price match to another dealership that was further out of the way for me. I'm more interested in how they arrived at the price of $4.31 WTF!! After all that though, their service was reasonable so I can't really complain and it sounds like I get the priviledge of leaving it for another day later this week. They'd better not wash the screen again. :lol:

Greedy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Homer on Tue May 26, 2009 3:02 pm

If he has a sense of humour he will - just the passenger side for half price :lol:
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby Greedy on Tue May 26, 2009 3:11 pm

Homer wrote:If he has a sense of humour he will - just the passenger side for half price :lol:

He might not have one after I told him to take the last one off the bill. This is my first new car. I've heard stories of cars being washed and vaccuumed at service free of charge. :shock: Is this all old wives tales? :?:

Greedy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby MR T on Tue May 26, 2009 4:07 pm

where did you go i got slugged $335 for my 15000k service at edwardstown
a smile is a sign of joy, a hug is a sign of love, a laugh is a sign of happiness and a friend like me...well...that's a sign of good taste.
MR T

PreviousNext

Return to Servicing