Price For 30K Service

Discussion on servicing, engine oils, gearbox oils, diff oils etc

Re: Price For 30K Service

Postby destorman on Mon May 23, 2011 2:26 pm

Hi guys,

I have been told the local dealer our service costs here through (cap priced) will be $550 incl GST.

I plan on checking with other dealers

Only have 22,000 km's up but starting to plan and budget ...

I thought everyone was under 'cap priced servicing'?
The best surfer is the one having the most fun ... :mrgreen:
destorman

Postby Homer on Mon May 23, 2011 2:33 pm

Not sure where you guys are from but figure damo is in Brisbane and we have beaches up here too :roll:

Have a quick look >>HERE CLICKY<< if you might want to make another call or two?
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby damo3442 on Mon May 23, 2011 2:35 pm

no i missed fix price serviceing buy 4 wks?not happy,when i nasked about the auidible check they said that theyb just check the tappets regardless of the noise there makeing?all the dealers seem to be with in a few dollars of each other? :twisted:
damo3442

Postby damo3442 on Mon May 23, 2011 2:38 pm

Homer wrote:Not sure where you guys are from but figure damo is in Brisbane and we have beaches up here too :roll:

Have a quick look >>HERE CLICKY<< if you might want to make another call or two?

thats the ones that i rang,and a few on the southside????
damo3442

Postby har05l on Mon May 23, 2011 3:20 pm

My 30k will be done in the next week or so and my local is $590. Haven't done the call around yet but they said they would honour a lower price if I found one.

Time to make some calls :roll:
[censored]
har05l
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Snooozy on Mon May 23, 2011 4:14 pm

I did mine last week.

went to a different stealer from where i purchased car.

I supplied the oil - 10lts Penrite HPR5 cost me $80

dealer replaced wiper blades, air, oil & fuel filter, adjust tappets. was a little under $600 (cant remember)

I was offered a free car for the day but was not able to use it due to leg injury.

was told it would be extra $120 if they supplied oil :shock:

They also charged me for a sump plug washer...I have a drain valve,they didnt have to remove plug to drain :x

They forgot to stamp book :roll: (I was running late & didnt check till I got home) over an hours drive away so have to get the book to them :evil:

I had been quoted about $800 from stealer where I got the car :o
Snooozy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby did3.2 on Mon May 23, 2011 6:31 pm

Snooozy wrote:I did mine last week.

went to a different stealer from where i purchased car.

I supplied the oil - 10lts Penrite HPR5 cost me $80

dealer replaced wiper blades, air, oil & fuel filter, adjust tappets. was a little under $600 (cant remember)

I was offered a free car for the day but was not able to use it due to leg injury.

was told it would be extra $120 if they supplied oil :shock:

They also charged me for a sump plug washer...I have a drain valve,they didnt have to remove plug to drain :x

They forgot to stamp book :roll: (I was running late & didnt check till I got home) over an hours drive away so have to get the book to them :evil:

I had been quoted about $800 from stealer where I got the car :o

Same thing when I got mine done no book filled out.
Rang up for 45K service and they asked for rego etc told them and the service guy says "oh it will need the Tappets done as it wasn't done at 30K according to their computer!!!! "WTF you guys charged me for it. so convenient to forget to fill out book especially when they dont do it.!!!
I should clarify this by saying they filled out the stamp bit but did NOT fill out the ticky bit to show what was done including the injector line removal etc. They charged me for it but obviously never did it.
Needless to say they didn't get the 45k service I rang to get a Quote for. :evil: Good luck finding a service centre badged with a MITS symbol you can trust.(sorry to tarnish all with the tainted brush from a poor few) but when you deal with them and they lie to you its hard to swallow. :evil: :evil:
Family, Friends and Four Wheel Drives!
did3.2

Postby Snooozy on Mon May 23, 2011 7:39 pm

I would have normally checked the book before leaving the workshop but was running late -lesson learned

I did leave the book on the front passenger seat & it wasn't touched at all :roll:

When I phoned the service manager the next day & he sounded genuinely shocked & annoyed that it had not been done. He was going to speak to the mechanic about that & some damage done to my catch can mount. :x

I have arranged for my book to be stamped & they will get it back to me. He also requested photos of the damaged mount & said he would get it repaired.

although there was some issues with this dealer I am not completely dissatisfied & am willing to give them another go. (they were recommended by another NTN member who had not had any problems with them). They were also honest about the use of catch can & EGR blank. & $200 cheaper than the dealer where I purchased the car.

The jury is still out on these guys :|
Snooozy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby melba on Wed May 25, 2011 7:29 pm

I have mine booked in for its 30k service on Monday, I've requested to check for carbon build and also why i believe i'm having higher than avergae fuel consumption. What can i do to know if what i've asked has been done including the tappets etc, would it be rude to ask them for photos?
melba

Postby Joe on Wed May 25, 2011 7:56 pm

melba wrote: would it be rude to ask them for photos?

I don't see why it would be, but I bet they "forget" to take some for you :roll:
Dad
----
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
Joe

Postby har05l on Thu May 26, 2011 6:10 am

melba wrote:What can i do to know if what i've asked has been done including the tappets etc, would it be rude to ask them for photos?

Get a white texta and mark the bolts as they are lined up with the cover now. If the tappets weren't done all your marks will still line up ;) . There would be bucklies and none if they managed to put them all back lined up
[censored]
har05l
Platinum Subscriber

Postby RHKTriton on Thu May 26, 2011 7:46 am

From what I've encountered over the years, its worth being able to do as much as possible yourself. My aim is to have the book stamped for as long as I can live with someone else 'touching' my vehicle.

If your going off-road its worth making the effort to get to know the inner workings of your truck, may allow you to get out of a spot without harm.

Doing your own oil changes, etc. allows you to check out CV boots and other areas that might be prone, while you're down there.

My biggest gripe is getting warranty work done - one thing fixed another damaged!

Just consider how many "mechanics" blow the trapped sand and dirt away from around spark plugs before removing them for replacement !

Ultimately, if you are reliant on a garage, try and get past the people at the service desk and try and form a bond with the chief mechanic (oops - automotive technician).
Don't let the b'strds get you down!!
RHKTriton
Platinum Subscriber

Postby melba on Tue May 31, 2011 5:51 pm

I just had my 30k serivce completed. Total $536 + $32 for tyre puncture, ex gst or $626 incld gst.
Service inldued valve adjustment.
I mentioned i was expecting high fuel consumption (600-650k per tank) and a vibration through awd, they found a blocked vacum port. So i now have a new manifold on the way (2 months wait) and they also found a leaking front left strut (1-2 weeks), hopefully that will be the last of warranty fixes.
melba

Postby damo3442 on Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:15 pm

got my 30000km service today at eagers newstead,much cheaper than all the other stealers and a service manager that knows what there talking about?it was refreshing to actually get real customer service for a change,it was wirth the drive over town???,ill be back,great work to lee and the crew,thanks again :D
damo3442

Postby joshua.alexander on Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:25 pm

Got my 30k service today, 590.00 mitsicrappy got from me, before i drove off, i checked for leaks and notice coolant expansion tank was about 20mm above full line and could smell burned coolant, burnt oil and burnt diesel, yep all 3. Wasnt impressed i took it to them asked them to get the expansion tank to normal level and clean my engine bay. if i find anything stuffed down the track..grrr
JA
joshua.alexander

Postby kevin on Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:20 am

Got mine done yesterday $590 under fixed price servicing. Engine bay left in a mess as well and, yes, oil / diesel burning off. There's a bracket missing from the front of the engine that holds a cable away from the radiator fan. I've taken pics and sent in a complaint!

PS - Service Manager has called; very apologetic and will be tidied up on Thursday!
Last edited by kevin on Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
MY'10 MN GLX-R auto
MY'03 Forester XS
https://www.offroadsubarus.com/
kevin

Price For 30K Service

Postby GadgetMN on Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:27 am

RHKTriton wrote:
Ultimately, if you are reliant on a garage, try and get past the people at the service desk and try and form a bond with the chief mechanic (oops - automotive technician).

That's why I like my local servo so much...
Warranty/logbook service and they stick to the requirements like glue... Nothing is missed and the guy at the front desk IS the head mechanic... There's something comforting about getting your receipt and it has grease marks on it!
GadgetMN

Postby Thommo3337 on Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:12 pm

Mitsubishi are useless take it to a local mechanic who will actually charge a reasonable rate!! Every service is $590 whilst the fixed price servicing is in place then it gets more expensive!!
A Heroin Addiction Would Have Been Cheaper!!
Thommo3337

30k service price

Postby MN GLXR on Fri May 18, 2012 9:04 am

Just quoted $900 for the 30,000km service as it includes "valve clearance" from a Sydney dealer. He discounted $100 from $1000.

Wondering what the going price is and if anyone has experience in using Ultratune for handbook servicing?

Cheers
MN GLXR

Re: 30k service price

Postby odie602r on Fri May 18, 2012 9:09 am

Was your car bought when Mitsubishi was offering capped price servicing? Not sure how long that's been in for. if so, I think the max is $500 or thereabouts.
the truth will set you free

My build thread:
http://www.newtriton.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=11704
odie602r
Platinum Subscriber

Re: 30k service price

Postby MN GLXR on Fri May 18, 2012 9:43 am

Nah, capped price started in 2010 and I got mine in Nov 2009 :twisted:
MN GLXR

Postby tyson09 on Mon May 28, 2012 7:41 am

Be warned
I had my 30000 service done by Ultra tune and my 45000 for a good price not knowing that they didnt do the valve clearance . My Triton is now at the stealer with a tappet cover leak and a noisy top end and high fuel consumtion . the stealer is refusing to fix my problems and has stated that i have voided my warranty by not getting the valves adjusted at 30000 as it must be done . WTF .

i am waiting for the area manager to call me back .
tyson09

Price For 30K Service

Postby MN GLXR on Mon May 28, 2012 9:13 pm

Thanks, I ended up going to a stealer for that reason. They did a great job
Including some free warranty and error code fixes. She runs noticeably quieter after the valve clearance adjustment.
MN GLXR

Postby WH500 on Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:20 am

Hi
Have just had 30k service done $590.00 price of parts excessive.
WH500

Postby Lee-thal on Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:00 am

WH500,

At $590 it must have been under the capped price service, all of those costs are Heavily reduced from what retail cost is which would be close to $950-1000.
Lee-thal

PreviousNext

Return to Servicing