My MK GLS Build Up

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

My MK GLS Build Up

Postby JoshGLS on Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:03 pm

Well.....

Click to view larger picture

This is my 05 Mk GLS TDi its my very first 4wd and like everyone the first think we do is look online at how to make it bigger and better than when we bought it. Unfortunately for me I bought my Triton 5 weeks before I got married haha (good Idea at the time other wise I would still be driving a VT Commo) So now I'm a happy little vegimite being married and now starting to catchup on a bit of savings I have started my build up.

my first install so far has been my 2.6t factory tow bar fitted myself scored it from gumtree for $120 with tongue and wire harness,

Next is the ultimate ute accessory the canopy which once again after a massive amount of research and time I found a TJM tourer top online which I scored for $200 its white so I have it in the shed as a project to paint and fit out with some lights ect.

I'm currently looking for snorkel options thanks to a bucks weekend on moreton island not so long ago where we took the track to blue lagoon and it was covered in 3ft of water the fellas I went with have spent big $$$ on their Patrols with 35s and 50mm lifts front lockers and the works under the hood they made it through fine, and so did the stocko Triton which held its mouth shut nicely as the bonnet went under the water, So yea a snorkel will be the next install I do.

Other things on the never ending list is a Nudge bar for starters then a Steel bar with brush bars and rock sliders. 2inch lift and a draw system :D
There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot
JoshGLS

Re: My MK GLS Build Up

Postby Blue on Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:10 pm

Welcome Josh - the MK are a good jigger, still got my old one which the missus punts around... A few here have had them so punch out the questions and hopefully we can find some answers for you...
Vegetarian - Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot that can't hunt or fish.
Blue
Platinum Subscriber

My MK GLS Build Up

Postby ChRiIiS on Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:34 pm

First thing I did to mine was clean out the intercooler fit a catch can blank the egr snorkel and UNi filter isn't a power house but goes better then when I first bought it
ChRiIiS

Postby trickydevil on Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:39 pm

The MK's are a good unit. Apart from the turning circle. I had a v6 for a while. (work ute) it's still going and has done 450000kms.
trickydevil

Postby silverbull on Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:33 pm

Hey Josh, are you going to replace the tin can factory bash plate? If so, any chance you can hook up with forum sponsor Prestige Offroad in Brisbane to get one measured up for MK's ?

Check out this forum: viewtopic.php?f=80&t=9324 Prestige is happy to make an MK plate but needs a volunteer for measuring and fitment checks. I'm keen to get one also but only manufacturer I can find so far with one is Brown Davis and they want $395 plus shipping for it :o
silverbull

My MK GLS Build Up

Postby JoshGLS on Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:23 pm

silverbull wrote:Hey Josh, are you going to replace the tin can factory bash plate? If so, any chance you can hook up with forum sponsor Prestige Offroad in Brisbane to get one measured up for MK's ?

Check out this forum: viewtopic.php?f=80&t=9324 Prestige is happy to make an MK plate but needs a volunteer for measuring and fitment checks. I'm keen to get one also but only manufacturer I can find so far with one is Brown Davis and they want $395 plus shipping for it :o

Sh*t that's a bit exy! I'll be keen to be a volunteer, I'll deffinatly get in contact with them

Cheers
There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot
JoshGLS

Postby JoshGLS on Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:58 am

Got my $200 canopy sprayed and fitted this weekend all up total cost was $400 pretty stoked with the turn out Click to view larger picture
JoshGLS

Return to Member Build Ups