Which rear bar?

Bull bars, sliders, wheel carriers etc!

Re: Rear bar

Postby godzilla_rising on Sun May 13, 2012 2:16 pm

Bugger, well there goes the plans for the rest of my weekend... :evil: Oh well, a couple of calls to some powdercoating places tomorrow then...

Heres what I mean about the checkerplate... :evil: :x :evil:

Click to view larger picture
Godzilla Rising

"Kate's Dirty Sister" click here
2007 3.2 DiD GLX-R

There are two kinds of people in this world, those that can extrapolate from incomplete data.
godzilla_rising

Postby Froggy on Sun May 13, 2012 2:28 pm

For the rediculous amount you have to pay for anything ARB, it be taking that back regardless of your plans to powder coat it!
Froggy

Postby Naff on Sun May 13, 2012 2:34 pm

X 2.. ARB quality system is not up to scratch
Naff
Platinum Subscriber

Rear bar

Postby motoz on Sun May 13, 2012 2:52 pm

That's BS I'd be going in there first thing Monday and asking WTF !!! You've been waiting a few months then you get supplied a factory 2nd.

:(
One day your life will flash before your eyes. Will it be a good show ???
motoz
Platinum Subscriber

Postby godzilla_rising on Sun May 13, 2012 2:57 pm

I suppose its not such a bad thing I suppose, I was starting to wonder how I was going to do it all on my own. That being said, I would have found a way!

Hmmm...black bars all round 8-)
Godzilla Rising

"Kate's Dirty Sister" click here
2007 3.2 DiD GLX-R

There are two kinds of people in this world, those that can extrapolate from incomplete data.
godzilla_rising

Postby RHKTriton on Sun May 13, 2012 3:04 pm

Godzilla that almost looks like the plate has had some chemical spilt across it.

They should sent you out a replacement!
Don't let the b'strds get you down!!
RHKTriton
Platinum Subscriber

Rear bar

Postby Joe on Sun May 13, 2012 3:27 pm

Mine looks the same because battery acid was spilt on it.
Dad
----
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
Joe

Rear bar

Postby trouble on Sun May 13, 2012 7:53 pm

godzilla_rising wrote:Bugger, well there goes the plans for the rest of my weekend... :evil: Oh well, a couple of calls to some powdercoating places tomorrow then...

Heres what I mean about the checkerplate... :evil: :x :evil:

Click to view larger picture

my side steps are the same didn't notice till about a week after fitment don't bother me too much dirt and shit on them now to care
I Love The Mods!
Ban everyone!
trouble

Postby Thommo3337 on Wed May 16, 2012 8:24 pm

Been asking around a bit more about rear bars and have been informed by someone in the 4x4 industry who has an Mcc rear wheel carrier that they arnt much chop and are dangerous this was someone that was approached to sell the Mcc rear bars and after testing has found that they are not strong enough for 4x4 ing all though this guy does some serious off roading he has informed me that he has had the arm swing open and has also had the whole wheel assembly holding the spare tyre fall off! He said they are dangerous and to buy the more expensive ones! This is just 1 comment that I have heard take it as u will! Also went to bayswayer today to take the mn in for some measurements at just powderxoating and had a look at the trays and the ideas behind the duel wheel carrier and must say I am most imprest!
A Heroin Addiction Would Have Been Cheaper!!
Thommo3337

Postby Spotty on Wed May 16, 2012 9:08 pm

Hi guys, I have recently just purchased my mn triton and am looking at a rear bar as well as i currently have nothing in place of a towbar. The tjm bar looks ok but how much further does it hang out past the tub? The mn doesnt need to be any longer! if they could design something that doesn't step out a mile that would be great .
the tjm bar without the steps would be perfect???
Spotty

Postby NowForThe5th on Wed May 16, 2012 9:19 pm

Spotty, even on the MN the tub tucks in a bit at the bottom so what looks like it sticks out a long way actually isn't that much past the top of the tailgate. You really do need it to stick out a bit anyway because if you do hit something hard the bar will deform. You wouldn't want that telegraph pole you just backed into to touch your tailgate so there needs to be a margin for deformation before it gets to your bodywork.

Oh, BTW, welcome to the forum.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Rear bar

Postby motoz on Wed May 16, 2012 9:24 pm

There's only about 150mm from the edge of the bar to the furthest edge of the tailgate. The RB6 offers great protection and for under $600 you really can't go wrong.
motoz
Platinum Subscriber

Postby NowForThe5th on Wed May 16, 2012 9:29 pm

motoz wrote:There's only about 150mm from the edge of the bar to the furthest edge of the tailgate. The RB6 offers great protection and for under $600 you really can't go wrong.

Unless you back into that telegraph pole right in the middle where there isn't any protection at all. :lol: :lol: :lol:

It is good value though. Makes the ARB one look horribly overpriced.
Chris

NowForThe5th

Postby Spotty on Wed May 16, 2012 9:31 pm

Thanks Guys, think I might have to drop into tjm up here and have a chat . looks deceiving in the photos!
Spotty

Rear bar

Postby motoz on Wed May 16, 2012 10:13 pm

NowForThe5th wrote:
motoz wrote:Unless you back into that telegraph pole right in the middle where there isn't any protection at all. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Everyone always says that though with the tow-ball receiver fitted it comes out to the leading edge anyway.

Another great feature are the Hi Lift jacking points on either side. It makes it a little safer jacking up the rear. These things come 3/4 of the way up a 50" jack on level ground once you fit a 2" lift and bigger tyres.
motoz
Platinum Subscriber

Postby fez on Thu May 17, 2012 6:06 am

just wondering has any1 done anything with the haymen reese towbar. as in added side and rear protection that way. i just like me 3T towing capacity.

cheers ian
QLD & NT Technical manager for Suzuki Marine
fez

Postby Homer on Thu May 17, 2012 6:16 am

NowForThe5th wrote:Unless you back into that telegraph pole right in the middle where there isn't any protection at all. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You'd have to be pretty hopeless to back into something that's right in the middle of your mirror view though....
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby NowForThe5th on Thu May 17, 2012 6:37 am

Homer wrote:You'd have to be pretty hopeless to back into something that's right in the middle of your mirror view though....

I would see at least one a week that's done exactly that and a couple more that have backed into stuff when they have reversing sensors. Obviously some people just have brain fades. Keeps me in business. :roll:
Chris

NowForThe5th

Rear bar

Postby motoz on Thu May 17, 2012 6:59 am

fez wrote:just wondering has any1 done anything with the haymen reese towbar. as in added side and rear protection that way. i just like me 3T towing capacity.

cheers ian

The TJM was downgraded from 3000 to 2700kg for some reason. I'm sure if you modded a Haymen Reese you'd lose the ADR certification on it anyway.
motoz
Platinum Subscriber

Postby busy on Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:12 pm

G'day fellas,

Picked Up a MN ARB rear bar from the wreckers over the weekend for a bargain. It's in good order just has no bolts or instructions. I have the standard mitsy grader blade fitted so the wiring is already done. Does anyone have a copy of the rear bar instructions sitting around they wouldn't mind scanning and posting? Alternatively pics of a fitted bar from the mounting points will do. I'm pretty confident I can fit it myself by just applying some common sense however instructions would be handy to limit the wtf moments.

Hit up a few ARB stores and no one has stock and therefore instructions. Going to also give the head office a buzz tomorrow morning.

Thanks in advance.
busy

Postby Tim007 on Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:37 pm

busy wrote:G'day fellas,

Picked Up a MN ARB rear bar from the wreckers over the weekend for a bargain. It's in good order just has no bolts or instructions. I have the standard mitsy grader blade fitted so the wiring is already done. Does anyone have a copy of the rear bar instructions sitting around they wouldn't mind scanning and posting? Alternatively pics of a fitted bar from the mounting points will do. I'm pretty confident I can fit it myself by just applying some common sense however instructions would be handy to limit the wtf moments.

Hit up a few ARB stores and no one has stock and therefore instructions. Going to also give the head office a buzz tomorrow morning.

Thanks in advance.

Make sure you got the chassis inserts that the bar bolts onto. They would be easy to miss as they slide into the chassis rail (if they are the same as the ML)
Keen to get amongst it!!
Tim007

Postby Cowboy Dave on Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:43 pm

PM sent with PDF instructions. Well most of them anyway.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby busy on Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:48 pm

Awesome, thank you!
Will let you all know how it goes.
busy

Postby Stapler401 on Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:42 pm

So to breathe life into an old thread.. what did we all go out and buy?. Local prices are 1500 for the arb or 1040 for the tjm to suit mn (installed). I do quite like the look of the mcc jack bar though. Has anybody got one/had one?. Is there a pkug and play loom for the trailer plug?
Stapler401

Postby fridgie on Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:26 pm

It think either helicopter cow or fraz has one (me and my shocking memory) and someone just fitted one (silver mn)

Search for 'jack rear bar' and you should find them
I'm not so good with the advice :oops: ... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment??? :twisted:

FORUM DIRECTORY - Click here

SEARCH TUTORIAL - Click here

MY TRITON - SEE IT HERE
fridgie

PreviousNext

Return to Exterior Mods