Egr blanking plate in mq???

Anything Triton 2016+ related

Re: Egr blanking plate in mq???

Postby murwullambah on Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:45 pm

explorer.dave wrote:None of my concern because I have an MN with plug'n'play mod, but, l reckon some of you should go back to page 1 of this thread and read the 2nd and 11th post ;)

Been waiting and no news of electronic shut off, desperate measures, had to try and see.
murwullambah

Postby explorer.dave on Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:04 pm

I can fully understand that, when I joined this forum people where playing with plates and resistors for the ML/MN's, fortunately Tony came to the rescue with the plug'n'play and life become easier :D my point though is below,

Tony wrote:Quicker spool is obtained by dealing with the throttle body closing under EGR command (this is possible with MQ but can have an undesirable side effect depending on how its done). Blanking the EGR off (especially with a holed plate) alone makes little gain here.
Better to be silent and thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt.[

[b]Penrith Panthers 2021..Finally :roll:

Posts should be like mini skirts, long enough to cover the subject matter, but short enough to keep things interesting
explorer.dave
Platinum Subscriber

Postby L200Shogun on Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:53 pm

A picture/post on Facebook. A "cable" (a different brand) is being trialed on a MQ.
L200Shogun

Postby explorer.dave on Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:33 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if SPVi don't come out with a plug'n'play solution before too much longer, I'm sure Tony will be working on this.
Better to be silent and thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt.[

[b]Penrith Panthers 2021..Finally :roll:

Posts should be like mini skirts, long enough to cover the subject matter, but short enough to keep things interesting
explorer.dave
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Lawz on Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:01 am

There's a bloke on FB who is trialing a Crisp Mods EGR delete module that apparently will be sold through Munji Performance and Lighting Mods (munji.com.au). They have already released a module for the Navara NP300. So for the Triton MQ, can't be too far off from release...

Seems ChipTuning still aren't close to propose a release date.

I've been thinking about going to Ultimate Diesel Tuning in Geebung, Qld for EGR delete, DPF delete/block and tune, but don't want to void warranty IF anything goes wrong down track... :S
Lawz

Postby murwullambah on Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Lawz wrote:There's a bloke on FB who is trialing a Crisp Mods EGR delete module that apparently will be sold through Munji Performance and Lighting Mods (munji.com.au). They have already released a module for the Navara NP300. So for the Triton MQ, can't be too far off from release...

Seems ChipTuning still aren't close to propose a release date.

I've been thinking about going to Ultimate Diesel Tuning in Geebung, Qld for EGR delete, DPF delete/block and tune, but don't want to void warranty IF anything goes wrong down track... :S

Good news keep us posted if they come available, i am getting engine light on with full blank
murwullambah

Postby murwullambah on Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:54 pm

Update on the full blank plate, had check engine light a couple of times no limp of different running, cleared code and stayed off for the moment, anybody know what the electronic version does different than a full blank?
murwullambah

Postby Greytriton on Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:04 pm

Had the full block in for over a week now. I've had the odd ECL but no limp home. Just clear the light with the scan gauge in 3 seconds. My full blank will remain in until the solution is found 550klms on the clock now. Clean manifolds.
Greytriton

Postby murwullambah on Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:02 pm

Greytriton wrote:Had the full block in for over a week now. I've had the odd ECL but no limp home. Just clear the light with the scan gauge in 3 seconds. My full blank will remain in until the solution is found 550klms on the clock now. Clean manifolds.

Have you noticed any difference in engine performance/behaviour, i cant decide if its a little harsh or rougher, hopefully plug and play solution will be here soon
murwullambah

Postby Greytriton on Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:19 pm

No real change in performance. Hard to tell since I also fitted the throttle controller (fantastic)

The full blance is peace of mind my inlets clean
Greytriton

Postby murwullambah on Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:48 pm

Greytriton wrote:No real change in performance. Hard to tell since I also fitted the throttle controller (fantastic)

The full blance is peace of mind my inlets clean

Can you give any info on the throttle controller, what make and what actually does it do, is it easy to fit? cheers
murwullambah

Postby andelect on Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:41 pm

there is a thread in general discussion 2016 a few lines down on this (Throttle Controllers).
Also Interesting discussions and comments here
https://outbackjoe.com/macho-divertisse ... -worth-it/
andelect

Postby Lawz on Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:37 am

murwullambah wrote:Update on the full blank plate, had check engine light a couple of times no limp of different running, cleared code and stayed off for the moment, anybody know what the electronic version does different than a full blank?

Well I'm not experienced/knowledgable here but putting two and two together.
Pre and post EGR probably has sensors. So EGR Blank with hole would still allow a minute amount of gases through for a reading and keep the computer happy from throwing CELs. By full EGR block it probably won't read apart from heat dissipation, which could explain CELs a couple of times?
Perhaps the electronic it'd be computer and sensor trip, and electronic valve block/redirection somewhere...
Lawz

Postby MQFan on Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:33 am

Installed the new Crisp EGR Module for the MQ. Very easy to install and has been in vehicle for 2 weeks with no issues. Easy to remove for servicing/warranty.
No limp Codes and found a slight improvement in fuel consumption.
Slight increase in throttle response but not enough. Stealth Throttle Controller arrived today and will be installing in the next couple of days.
Hopefully will eliminate horrible pause in acceleration from standing start.

Also installed the Provent catch can and in about 1500km there is already oil in the filter and dripping into drain hose. Shocked at how much. And this is redirected back into motor. Yuck! :x
MQFan

Postby Spaceman on Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:57 pm

Do you have any more info on the Crisp EGR module for the MQ. Where can i get one and how does it connect. I'm keen to get one
Spaceman

Postby BillMcQuade on Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:05 pm

Spaceman wrote:Do you have any more info on the Crisp EGR module for the MQ. Where can i get one and how does it connect. I'm keen to get one

You can buy them from eBay. They connect between the air flow meter and the OEM plug.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Mitsubishi-T ... 2116a816aa

I fitted the Isuzu version to my dad's MUX. It works fine, and throws no codes.
White 2013 MN GLX+ manual

"Tuned by Doctor Diesel"
BillMcQuade
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Tasc4life on Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:15 pm

BillMcQuade wrote:

You can buy them from eBay. They connect between the air flow meter and the OEM plug.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Mitsubishi-T ... 2116a816aa

I fitted the Isuzu version to my dad's MUX. It works fine, and throws no codes.

Thanks for the link mate!

I waited patiently for the plug and play gear to come out, sure enough, 2 weeks after fit a blank plate they are on ebay! Will get hold of one before the next service, remove plate - service - plug in module

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
Tasc4life

Postby Josephcullen on Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:30 pm

Hey everyone. Just wondering if any of you have used this plug in module yet? And if so, how did it go?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Josephcullen

Postby milhous2 on Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:56 pm

Yes I'm curious about the plug in module as well for the MQ.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
milhous2

Postby YJM Alex on Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:22 am

Ill be getting this for sure.

I wonder what is exactly in that little loom though. Looks like a glorified version of the resistor on ML resistor mod.

Be good if someone could do a measure with the multi meter pin to pin through it.

I'm interested.
YJM Alex

Postby YJM Alex on Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:51 am

In all honesty there cant be too much trickery going on.

Anyone have the schematic for an ML i can compare it too?

Click to view larger picture
YJM Alex

Postby murwullambah on Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:49 pm

Must be more to it than the ML/MN model as they have been testing for a while, i think the MQ engine is quite different emissions wise than the old 4D56 which has been around donkeys years
murwullambah

Postby Greytriton on Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:00 pm

Someone grab a multi meter and test it pin to pin.. Maybe the biggest difficulty was getting the plugs
Greytriton

Postby Tony on Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:23 pm

Plugs are no problem.

MQ not quite same as others and I would give word of caution with DPF and EGR warm up etc. Also, some vehicles use sensors in same area for smart charge system.

SPVi have been through our own development on this model and we do have plug and play solution but due to our current work load, they have not been officially released.

Sent from my ZTE T84 using Tapatalk
Tony
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Josephcullen on Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:13 pm

Tony wrote:Plugs are no problem.

MQ not quite same as others and I would give word of caution with DPF and EGR warm up etc. Also, some vehicles use sensors in same area for smart charge system.

SPVi have been through our own development on this model and we do have plug and play solution but due to our current work load, they have not been officially released.

Sent from my ZTE T84 using Tapatalk

So, in your opinion this module wouldn't be a wise idea for a brand new triton?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Josephcullen

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion