Reversing sensors: Genuine vs non-genuine

Reversing sensors: Genuine vs non-genuine

Postby Najnesoog on Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:08 am

Hello everyone

New forum member and now proud owner of a 2017 Triton GLS.

One of the options I requested for my vehicle was reversing sensors. I believe these are indispensable and should be compulsory - if only to save lives.

On delivery, I noticed the Mitsubishi dealer had installed a non-genuine sysyem including 2 sensors instead of the expected 4 sensors.

Apart from misleading sales pitch I am concerned that the sensor system will not be properly integrated with the vehicle's system. Also, I am concerned that the 3rd party won't give the same level of protection as the genuine article. So I am in discussion with the dealer.

To help me make an informed decision, I would gratefully appreciate input from MQ Triton owners who have genuine reversing sensors fitted on the following aspects:

* Is the genuine system integrated with the audio-visual system such that there is a visual indication as well as beeping?

* Does the genuine system have a way to disable the sensors when towing?

* Any other comments about the genuine sensor product?

Thanks in advance.

Naj
Najnesoog

Re: Reversing sensors: Genuine vs non-genuine

Postby docta.phipps on Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:48 pm

Can't help much but if you requested genuine and they installed something else, i wouldn't just put up with it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
docta.phipps

Postby WUNSIE on Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:33 pm

They,re not bad are they, no matter how well you get on with the dealer, salesman, service dept, ask them to put it in writing what you are expecting to receive, if they are above board it wont worry them one bit but if they are anticipating doing a shifty, and using cheaper generic parts, thinking you wont know the difference or saying parts aren't avail due to being on back order,, then get the dealer principal to sort the shit out
WUNSIE

Postby RHKTriton on Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:52 pm

Just plain fraud! You nominated a specified item and they diddled you!
Don't let the b'strds get you down!!
RHKTriton
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Najnesoog on Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:16 pm

Thanks everyone for kindly responding.

To its credit, the dealer has admitted the error and has said it will arrange for the genuine parts to be retrofitted. It's a bit complicated in that the dealer is in Sydney and the vehicle is in Canberra. They said they would arrange a work order with a local dealer. Just need to see now the promise being delivered.

Only complication is that the two sensors are located between the recommended locations for the genuine 4 sensor system. They may need to replace parts of the bumper, but we shall see.

Back to my original questions about integration with the audiovisual system and deselecting for towing - has anyone any experience?

Naj
Najnesoog

Return to Electrical