Fuel Leak

Anything Triton related

Fuel Leak

Postby pajey on Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:19 am

Hi guys first time posting. I have a 2010 mn that has developed a fuel leak. The missues drives it mostly and had been saying it smelt a little fumey. So I had a look and didnt notice anything thinking not much of it. Then a week later she complained about it again this time there was a strong smell of diesel in the engine bay. After a look i noticed there was quite a bit on the engine block and what looks like around the fuel rail. I cant exactly figure it out without taking evrything apart. Interestingly this smell has only been occuring after a recent service a month ago where they replaced the rocker cover gasket. From my understanding a fair bit has to be moved to get to it. Would it be possible they didnt tighten a line properly or something?
Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks Pat
2010 MN Duel Cab
Mk4 Supra
pajey

Re: Fuel Leak

Postby furious on Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:44 am

it's likely that is was a fuel line to torqued down in the fuel rail or injectors. take it back to where you got it serviced.
furious
Platinum Subscriber

Postby RHKTriton on Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:00 am

Also worth checking how many times the plumbing has be removed and replaced - maybe out of serviceable life.
Don't let the b'strds get you down!!
RHKTriton
Platinum Subscriber

Postby pajey on Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:50 pm

Just to let anyone interested know I took it to the dealer and they got straight onto it and it ended up being a very small leak coming from one of the injecters as it was not quite sealed properly. Was fixed in a couple hours all on them obviously. A little annoying but the service and care was really nice
2010 MN Duel Cab
Mk4 Supra
pajey

Return to General Discussion