Fuel Filler Door Secondary Opener

Petrol, gas, fuel tanks etc

Fuel Filler Door Secondary Opener

Postby Grumpy on Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:17 pm

Have seen many times in the past vehicles that have an auxiliary pull rope to let you open the fuel filler door should there be an issue with the main opener near steering wheel. Looking at it, I would have to remove the tub liner plus whatever else is under there. Does anyone know if there is a way of opening the fuel door without using the main opener.
I have a suspicion that this may be a silly question and everybody knows of the solution but me.
. . . . .Grumpy
Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes...Grumpy
Grumpy

Re: Fuel Filler Door Secondary Opener

Postby BillMcQuade on Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:04 pm

Grumpy wrote:I have a suspicion that this may be a silly question and everybody knows of the solution but me.

I don't know either, so you're not alone.

Now I need to know :lol:
White 2013 MN GLX+ manual

"Tuned by Doctor Diesel"
BillMcQuade
Platinum Subscriber

Postby WUNSIE on Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:05 pm

Grumpy wrote:Have seen many times in the past vehicles that have an auxiliary pull rope to let you open the fuel filler door should there be an issue with the main opener near steering wheel.

Don't see it as being that simple, if I,m mistaken maybe someone who has been in that situation could let us know as you now have me thinking along your lines :o
WUNSIE

Postby explorer.dave on Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:06 am

I recall reading a post / thread about this, think it had more to do with a failing latch mechanism though, but gave some in-sight on how to release the fuel filler door if the release switch fails.
Keep SEARCHING, I'm sure you will find it with some effort. ;)
Better to be silent and thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt.[

[b]Penrith Panthers 2021..Finally :roll:

Posts should be like mini skirts, long enough to cover the subject matter, but short enough to keep things interesting
explorer.dave
Platinum Subscriber

Postby snakesoup on Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:21 am

think you can get to it by removing the inner guard mate, may be able to pull the cable
snakesoup

Postby explorer.dave on Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:00 pm

Haro's trailer build mention some-thing about getting to it from inside the guard.
Better to be silent and thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt.[

[b]Penrith Panthers 2021..Finally :roll:

Posts should be like mini skirts, long enough to cover the subject matter, but short enough to keep things interesting
explorer.dave
Platinum Subscriber

Return to Fuel Systems