Tub tray screw holes after removing soft cover

Anything Triton 2016+ related

Tub tray screw holes after removing soft cover

Postby striker99 on Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:17 pm

Hey guys,

I had a soft cover fitted to my MQ from factory, I'm getting a canopy fitted next month, I need to remove the aluminium brackets in the tub tray for the soft cover. It seems to have 30 plus rivets in it... What should I do once I remove the rivets to stop rust? I wonder if I'd be better off painting the holes and then putting rivets back in to cover up the holes...
striker99

Re: Tub tray screw holes after removing soft cover

Postby NowForThe5th on Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:00 pm

We are talking here about the holes left after removing the alloy mouldings around the top of the tub, not the holes for the elastic tie downs, which are covered in this thread.

You can use a similar approach to that described in the above linked thread (especially the link in there to Snooozy's solution), provided that the heads aren't going to protrude enough to be a problem fitting the canopy. If the holes will be covered then just clean them up and apply a little touch up paint to help stop rust.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Re: Tub tray screw holes after removing soft cover

Postby striker99 on Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:31 am

Thanks very much for that. Yes the holes left on the inside edges of the tray after removing the ally framing. I've bought some of those canoe clips which are white so I think I will give that a go after getting a bit of white touch up paint.
striker99

Return to General Discussion