Cut wires... Help please...

Cut wires... Help please...

Postby northwest9 on Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:36 pm

So its not a triton, I know, but i have a 2006 petrol triton which is why i knew about this site, and it uses the same engine so i suspect probably the same wiring

The local show in my home town is struggling, the demo derby is one of the major draw cards, so i was going to enter to help out

The derby is one of the main attractions that keeps people at the show spending money, before the derby started people would be gone by 4 or 5, and the show continued to shrink year after year. The derby runs at 630, which filled the gap between the last of the barrel racing and the fireworks. People justified staying to watch the derby

I had a 99 TH magna wagon all prepped for derby on the weekend. Roll cage built and installed, fuel system relocated and main tank removed, battery relocated, interior and all flammables removed, all in all a few hundred dollars spent in transporting the car, bits and pieces required to meet the safety requirements, and many hours work welding, cutting, glass removal etc, but some overzealous side cutter work by a mate killed it at the eleventh hour and I never got to compete. It seems the wires he was removing weren’t as “excess” as he thought. A couple of frantic hours trying to rewire failed. i feel bad for my mate, cause he was gutted

The car has spark, fuel flow, but the injectors arent firing. it cranks fine, just wont fire.

any help would be appreciated
northwest9

Re: Cut wires... Help please...

Postby BillMcQuade on Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:33 pm

Get the wiring diagram and check the continuity of all connections between the ECU and the injectors, then all the sensors on the engine, especially the ones related to air flow. You can also buy a small gadget that plugs into the injector plug and flashes when it gets a signal. They are pretty cheap on eBay, and are a good diagnostic tool.

Sounds like a lot of work, but it's pretty quick to do with a multimeter and some lengths of wire.

That's for starters, let us know how you get on.
White 2013 MN GLX+ manual

"Tuned by Doctor Diesel"
BillMcQuade
Platinum Subscriber

Return to Electrical