Replacement radio antenna?

Re: Replacement radio antenna?

Postby jerrah on Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:18 pm

viking shippy wrote:has improved 100%
Sounds fantastic. I'm keen to give it a go with mine. Where did you connect the antenna cable? Is there a short lead off the radio near the drivers feet or did you have to connect it directly into the back of the stereo?
jerrah

Replacement radio antenna?

Postby viking shippy on Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:26 pm

Straight into the back of the radiothen in behind the glove box out the rubber gland in the fire wall and under the battery round the radiator out grill and over to you GME.

------------------------
Cheers VS
I don't miss my old
viking shippy

Postby jerrah on Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:25 pm

viking shippy wrote:Straight into the back of the radio
How does one access the radio in one of these? I read somewhere you just pull out the panel from the bottom (clips) but I'm not sure if that is also the case with the GLX spec.
These instructions don't really tell you much unfortunately.
jerrah

Postby viking shippy on Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:27 am

jerrah wrote:
viking shippy wrote:Straight into the back of the radio
How does one access the radio in one of these? I read somewhere you just pull out the panel from the bottom (clips) but I'm not sure if that is also the case with the GLX spec.
These instructions don't really tell you much unfortunately.

It's hard when you don't mention your model but as far as I know the hood facia pulls directly out towards you ...then you can gain access to the mounting screws then slide the radio towards you ...

------------------------
Cheers VS
I don't miss my old
viking shippy

Postby jerrah on Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:03 am

viking shippy wrote:
jerrah wrote:I'm not sure if that is also the case with the GLX spec.

It's hard when you don't mention your model but as far as I know the hood facia pulls directly out towards you
I'm guessing if you're talking about a hood facia you have a ML/MN. I now have a MQ GLX+. When I get it back from the bullbar installer I'll give it a go.
jerrah

Postby bobski on Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:33 pm

Gah... in the same boat. Reversing into the garage with the antenna up does not end well! Still tossing up with a front mount or replacing the whip... So following...
bobski

Postby jerrah on Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:38 am

I had a bit of a pull of the radio surround in the dark last night but nothing felt like it was going to detach without breaking. Once I work out how it comes apart I'll post some pictures.
jerrah

Postby jerrah on Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:23 pm

jerrah wrote:Once I work out how it comes apart I'll post some pictures.
I finally got the facia to move after dig around with my fingers I slid a credit card under the edge and managed to get a clip on the lower edge to detach.

Being a GLX with the cable driven HVAC controls I'll have to detach all the cables before I proceed further but I think I've found the answer to getting access to the radio. I can see the heater cable connection through the gap under the steering wheel, I imagine I'll be able to see the vent direction control via the glovebox. No point pulling it all apart now until I've purchased a replacement antenna!

I imagine the GLX/Exceed being electric should just pop off easily.
jerrah

Postby whiteknightoz on Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:35 pm

Anyone find an aftermarket pillar mount antenna, mines snapped over in half from backing into my garage.
whiteknightoz

Postby YosemiteSam on Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:41 am

I'm looking to piggy back a scanner off my GLS roof antenna using a splitter. I'm a firefighter in my off hours and the scanner lets me track what we're doing and where we're going when I turn out in my own vehicle.

Does anybody know if the antenna plug leading into the head unit just a standard AM/FM plug? Or something fancier?
YosemiteSam

Previous

Return to Electrical