MQ Electric Folding Mirrors

MQ Electric Folding Mirrors

Postby bigboots on Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:48 pm

Has anyone been able to stop the auto-folding mirrors operating when the vehicle is locked? When tow-mirrors are fitted I don't want the vehicle mirrors closing on the tow mirrors. I had hoped that there may be a way to prevent the mirrors closing without having to remove the fuse for the electric mirrors as this could also affect the mirror adjustment.
bigboots

Re: MQ Electric Folding Mirrors

Postby Merts on Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:03 pm

Ask your dealer. I'd be surprised if they can't set it so it doesn't automatically fold, but expect it would have to be done via a MUT-3.
GLS MQ Triton, ARB Summit front, rear and side bars, Carryboy canopy and rack, Dobinson heavy duty suspension, Harrop rear E-locker, Drifta drawers and a few other bits and pieces.
Merts
Platinum Subscriber

Postby hewy hacket on Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:40 pm

I know with my pajero you could change it by shaking your left leg and holding the right rear door open while turning the lights on and off, Well it was some sort of pattern with having the key in the ignition and turning something on and off anyway. :lol: :lol: I am sure there would be something similar for the Triton.
The grass is only greener where you water it.
hewy hacket

Postby bigboots on Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:20 pm

Thanks. I have asked the dealer and they don't know but has stated that they will try to find out. I've tried several combinations of ignition on/off and mirror button operation to know avail.
bigboots

Postby JBH23 on Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:14 pm

clicky..

Click to view larger picture
JBH23

Postby coughy on Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:04 pm

well done jbh
good work this is why i love this forum ;)
Read this First ;) ;)Then still cant find what you are after
Use this Second ;) ;)Then still no Joy Go Here
Look in this thread 8-) 8-)
coughy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby bigboots on Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:43 pm

Thanks for the info. I'll see if the dealer can do this adjustment.
I did a combination of the manual close button with the ignition key and was able to lock the doors without the mirrors folding but then reverted back to the original (silly me). I can't duplicate what I did to disable the mirrors. I'll keep trying though. :?
bigboots

Postby JBH23 on Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:16 am

Not a problem. The dealer will be able to sort that out for you as well via the mut. I wouldn't expect to pay for more than a half hours labour for the exercise either.
JBH23

Postby bigboots on Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:27 pm

For anyone who is interested, I have been able to work out a method of preventing the mirrors from folding when the lock button on the key is pressed.
With the door open, press the lock button on the key and at the same time press the mirror retracting button and then release both.
When the door is then shut and locked, the mirrors don't fold.
The only problem is that the fix is not permanent and has to be done every time the the doors are locked.
bigboots

Postby Cowboy Dave on Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:07 pm

How did you work that out? Talk about obscure.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby bigboots on Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:50 pm

I figured that there had to be a way and I did accidentally do it earlier but couldn't replicate it until today and took specific notice of what I had done.
bigboots

Postby burnah on Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:53 pm

ETACS Decoder will do this.
burnah
Platinum Subscriber

Postby bigboots on Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:31 pm

Oddly enough when we were travelling, I tried to stop the mirrors folding so they wouldn't hit the caravan towing mirrors but the fix wouldn't work. I have tried all variations of the mirror button and key buttons to no avail. Only thing to do was move the mirrors back along the door so that the retracting mirrors cleared the tow mirrors. Easiest way anyway.
bigboots

Postby Brigerz on Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:03 am

Just use the key in the door to lock and unlock, it doesn't activate the mirrors.
Brigerz

Postby Rain on Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:28 am

Not related to tritons but one of my previous cars (mitsu evo x) had the same feature. According to the owners manual, dealers are able to disable that function with the mut3. Triton must use a similar system so don't see why it cannot be disabled. Have you guys read through the owners manual?
Rain

Postby Merts on Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:33 am

Rain wrote:Not related to tritons but one of my previous cars (mitsu evo x) had the same feature. According to the owners manual, dealers are able to disable that function with the mut3. Triton must use a similar system so don't see why it cannot be disabled. Have you guys read through the owners manual?

Have you read through this thread? It was established about a month ago that dealers can alter the setting with a mut3.
GLS MQ Triton, ARB Summit front, rear and side bars, Carryboy canopy and rack, Dobinson heavy duty suspension, Harrop rear E-locker, Drifta drawers and a few other bits and pieces.
Merts
Platinum Subscriber

Postby bigboots on Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:28 pm

Locking the vehicle with the key instead of the remote does prevent the mirrors moving to the folded position. It does work. Easier though to move the towing mirrors then you don't have to remember not to use the remote key.
bigboots

Return to Electrical