Traction control light on and off?

Traction control light on and off?

Postby chops77 on Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:54 pm

Anyone had issues with a 2017 glx+ mq, where the traction control lights, both on and off, come on at the same time, also i lose my speedo ?

Had it happen a couple of times now, and if i'm in 4wd, i lose power(thinking because the traction control is on). Last time i think i noticed that the temp gauge, and 4wd indicator flickered off for a split second,(bit scary climbing a hill).

Can reset it, but have to turn the car off, then on a few times...

Due for a 10k service in 2k, will ask then, but any ideas, appreciated?
chops77

Re: Traction control light on and off?

Postby RHKTriton on Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:56 am

Very least, sounds like a dodgy connector.

Could be wiring loom sitting on body work seam or bracket and getting contact with electrical ground.

Could be as simple as a loose earth lug somewhere.

Just speaking with neighbour recently and he had intermittent limpys with his jeep early on. Turned out to be loose earth in rear quarter panel - go figure!

As you're in warranty, I'd let the dealer have a go and they may be able to find a fault log related to the limps to point them to a cause.

Intermittent problems are always a pain. I suggest to my clients that they record as much detail as possible when something goes wrong and hopefully a pattern develops.
Don't let the b'strds get you down!!
RHKTriton
Platinum Subscriber

Postby yoda72 on Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:56 pm

I have had the very same problem & I think I have narrowed it down to a dodgey OBD connector.

Why do I think that this is the cause?
I have a Scangauge hooked up & I kept knocking it with my leg when I get in the car.
When it does the error, i just make sure that the plug is in correctly & it usually fixes itself.

So if you have something hooked up to the OBD plug, check its in tight.
I had the same gauge in my ML Triton with no problems.
I hope this helps!
"Were all here, cause were not all there!"

:D :) ;) :o
yoda72
Platinum Subscriber

Postby WarbyD on Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:35 am

Ha, I had this EXACT issue this week after spending some time 4wding on the weekend.. For me, it started the next day after I went through a carwash.

My OBD scanner told me there was a CANBUS fault (U1073 from memory), and a bit of google-fu led me to believe that the issue was related to the output speed sensor on the transmission. This is why the speedo goes, and why the transmission shifting gets rougher.

I got under the car, had a good look over the sensor (thinking I'd perhaps done it some damage on one of the many occasions I bellied out... I have a full set of boos bash plates, but they don't reach this sensor) and couldn't see any issues. So, I disconnected it, gave the connection a good hit with WD40, gave the entire sensor housing a good spray with wd40 (because why not.. figure the water must have got in somewhere). Problem hasn't resurfaced since (I did this on Sunday and have done ~100km since).
WarbyD

Return to Electrical