USB error when restarting car

USB error when restarting car

Postby MulletGuts on Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:33 am

I have a 2017 MQ . When I use Android Auto through my phone and turn the ignition to off then back to on again the display always comes up with USB error. Then I have to acknowledge the error then get back into Android Auto all over again. I mentioned this to the dealer and they said' Ive never seen that error before'. No help at all.
Does anyone have this same problem?
Does anyone know how to fix ithis?
Is there any display software upgrades available?
MulletGuts

Re: USB error when restarting car

Postby explorer.dave on Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:31 am

Try using a good quality USB cable first.
Check that you are using Android version Lollipop 5.0 or higher.
Better to be silent and thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt.[

[b]Penrith Panthers 2021..Finally :roll:

Posts should be like mini skirts, long enough to cover the subject matter, but short enough to keep things interesting
explorer.dave
Platinum Subscriber

Postby MulletGuts on Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:31 am

Thanks Dave, yes I am using a genuine Samsung USB lead and the phone is Android 7. After a bit of playing around I found that if I turn the car on or just to Acc then connect the phone to usb after the Mitsubishi page has closed on the display, it will go straight to Android Auto with no error.
MulletGuts

Postby Zwagerman9 on Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:31 pm

I find that I get the occasional error when starting the car. I just quickly pull the usb out of the phone and plug back in quickly. Or pull the usb port from the car and replug. Seems to always work.
Zwagerman9

Return to Electrical