Flashing Red LED

Flashing Red LED

Postby WUNSIE on Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:33 pm

Hi all, I know my MQ GLS Triton has an Immobilizer when keys removed, but has anyone successfully installed one of those small flashing red LED lights to give a visual warning to would-be Thieving Bastards that an alarm is active, my 2007 Hilux use to have one flash when locked even though it didn't have an alarm, only the OEM Immobilizer and all factory done.
My wifes ASX has one.

I installed one in my little 2001 Work Mate Hilux, simple job ( got a couple from Jaycar ) less than $3 each
With all the modern electrics in the MQ I am very hesitant to install it in case I hook it up to a point which might cause the electronics to go hay wire, or is there one already in place some where which only needs activated by Mitsubishi Techos using the plug in OBD port to activate it, any help would be much appreciated.

When I installed one in the Hilux its simple as soldering the wires to 2 positives, on the back of the ignition switch,then when the key is turned off one of the actives then act as a negative and the LED is put into flash mode,until such times when the key is installed and power once again is supplied it turns off.

I understand the Hilux and Mq Triton are leagues apart in the electrics that's why I wanna get it right, might have to see a sparky,
Cheers every one, WUNSIE
WUNSIE

Return to Electrical