Centre Console removal

Centre Console removal

Postby clip on Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:23 pm

Has anyone removed the centre console on their MQ? I need to get to the handbrake wiring and can't get the console out. Have removed the two screws in the tub and it's all jiggling but seems there is something around the 4wd selector that stopping it. I can't get that out either - too scared of braking it! Any help appreciated. Thanks, Clip
clip

Re: Centre Console removal

Postby NowForThe5th on Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:23 pm

Did you look in the online manual?

There are detailed instructions for removal in there.

This is just part of it, showing the screw, clip and claw positions. use a nylon trim removal tool and lever up gently, working your way around each piece of trim. A piece of cloth at the fulcrum of your lever will reduce risk of scratching. Take your time and using the drawings as a guide, lever up so that the clips are withdrawn straight out, not at an angle, which is when you can break things.

screen-2019-11-27-21-13-26.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby clip on Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:21 pm

Thanks for the link Chris :) It shows all the clips for sure, and I've got 95% released, but it still won't separate from around the "drive mode Selector". If I knew how that came out, it would help a lot. There's got to be something there that's stopping it. Just can't find anyone that's actually removed it.
clip

Postby Bryantate on Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:27 pm

Did you ever figure this out? I have the same problem. I have no idea how to get the 4wd selector knob out. It seems to be the main part (area) holding the rear centre console in.
Bryantate

Return to Tips & Tricks