Hello from new member!

New to the site? Introduce yourself!

Hello from new member!

Postby Jastho82 on Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:08 am

Hello to all!!!

I have bought my MN 2012 glxR roughly about 8 months ago as my wife runs a jumping castle business and needs a car that can tow. This is my first 4x4 so pretty dam excited!!!!.
I joined the forum to get good ideas, learn more about my beast with the hope of slowly doing a few Mods to my 4wd.

Unfortunately only recently on a beautiful morning taking my son to childcare my MN engine (173.000kms) decided to seize, no obvious warnings, I turned a corner, I felt a slight power loss, then an oil light for about 15 seconds, a tapping noise for about 10 seconds then glided to a quite halt.(BTW I'm not that mechanically minded so excuse me if this sounds dumb) I was only travelling about 40kms in a school zone just 2 min from my house :cry: .

As a result I am in the process of having a second hand motor installed (fingers crossed on the new motor).
So far I have found the forum to be extremely informative, I'm searching all the threads I can find to make sure I don't have to experience it again.

So far I have purchased the ProVent set up, EGR blanking module, a snorkel, Turbo timer. Also as I have no idea what the history is on the second hand motor I have decided to do the timing kit, CAM seals, rear main seal and obviously a service. If there is anything else you guys think is worth doing please let me know.
Still learning how to navigate the site, so apologies in advance.

Once that is all done I'm definitely going to do suspension lift and wheels and tyres.
Defiantly looking forward to getting it back on the road and doing some camping :D .

Located in Victoria.
Jastho82

Re: Hello from new member!

Postby Duck on Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:15 pm

Well welcome to the forum, sounds like a rough start but you seem to be dealing with it logically.
Looking forward to the tales of the new beast & lots of photos ! We all love pictures.
Life is what happens while you are busy making plans........
Duck

Return to Introductions