Yep it's me, the original Dave :)

New to the site? Introduce yourself!

Yep it's me, the original Dave :)

Postby Dave on Mon May 07, 2018 11:36 pm

G'day everyone

I'm very surprised I haven't actually posted an introduction before ??

Well most of you know of me and a few have actually met before. I'm known for having an Hilux SR5 Dualcab Turbo Diesel back in the day, bought that brand new in 06 and decked it out with all the good gear from ARB, Ultimate Suspension, Supafit Seat Covers and others, setup as a great tourer. My good mate Brett at the time had the ML GLXR Triton 3.2 Dualcab all decked out for touring as well and he suggested I setup a Triton forum, so I did and newTriton.net was formed!

And now here I am a few years later, not actively posting publicly much these days but after selling the Hilux a few years ago, I went to an older 2005 Landcruiser 100 series 1HD-FTE with the 5 speed auto. That was great rig for a while then got out of offroading for a while due to being distracted with work and family life pressures and then suddenly up comes a reasonably low kilometer ML 3.2 dualcab that I couldn't resist. One owner, full receipts for everything, well looked after and is a member of the forum too.

There are a fair few extras, such as a Chipit module of some sort, 3" exhaust, 32" bfg km2 muds on steel rims, arb winch bar, steel steps, arb canopy, tray liner, 2" ironman lift, snorkel, arb front air locker, arb reversing camera review mirror setup, dual batts, light bar, uhf radio, aftermarket stereo and a few other things, so all pretty much setup.

Just need a few things one day, decent steel rear step or wheel carrier and I'll probably go for a new suspension kit from Ultimate Suspension.

It's a great vehicle to drive, quite comfortable. It feels much more powerful than the Hilux ever was (couldn't run a chip on that being an 06) and I noticed it's just as rigid off-road :lol:

I'll post some photos soon, once I've taken a few.

Cheers, Dave
Dave
Site Admin

Re: Yep it's me, the original Dave :)

Postby NowForThe5th on Tue May 08, 2018 5:55 am

Welcome to the fraternity....................................finally. :lol:
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby RHKTriton on Tue May 08, 2018 7:38 am

Welcome brother Dave.. :lol:
Don't let the b'strds get you down!!
RHKTriton
Platinum Subscriber

Postby explorer.dave on Tue May 08, 2018 8:40 am

Maybe time to organise another meet up Dave, things have been pretty quiet in the West.
Better to be silent and thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt.[

[b]Penrith Panthers 2021..Finally :roll:

Posts should be like mini skirts, long enough to cover the subject matter, but short enough to keep things interesting
explorer.dave
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Dave on Wed May 09, 2018 7:54 pm

Thanks guys

Yeah Dave great idea, sounds terrific would be keen to sort something. I'm keen to get back out there doing a few trips. Watch this space!

Cheers, Dave
Dave
Site Admin

Return to Introductions