New VR Dual cab Diesel

New to the site? Introduce yourself!

New VR Dual cab Diesel

Postby new44 on Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:29 pm

Just driven our new Triton first 500 Km.
We are very very happy with it so far. Economy whilst driving very easy has been better than expected; 8.3 to 9.1 KM/100L.

We are looking for some stuff to fit it out. Nudge bar to start with , then maybe roll bar and hard top in cyber blue? Has anyone got any of this off thier utes to sell?
Not sure how to respond to anyone on this site yet, any help appriciated.

Thanks new44 north east Vic or Melb or anywhere in between
new44

Re: New VR Dual cab Diesel

Postby santaclews on Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:04 pm

Giday Mate,
Good choice I have a red planet VR diesel auto
I picked up a lot of stuff off Ebay Hard cover and sports bar in Red Planet colour for $200.00
Tub Liner for 150 so there are a lot of bargains for your Triton. You should be able to get most parts you are after for a fraction of the dealers cost by buying off Ebay.
Hope you enjoy being a Triton owner as much as I am
Cheers Santa
santaclews

Postby Homer on Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:58 am

Welcome mate. You will find a few of these come up on here for good prices - sometimes close to giveaway, so keep your eyes open here as well. A bit hit and miss on colour though. If I remember correctly MLVR08 might of had some bits (or was he looking for them - oldtimers getting me).
Be worth checking his posts and sending him a PM.

Also a buy/sell section on the main page.
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby turto on Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:00 am

Gday New44,
I have a hard torneau and sports bar in Cyber Blue available never used as i put a canopy on when i bought my triton. However i am in Brisbane.

Let me know if you are interested

Turto
Turto,

Beer is Life
turto

Postby new44 on Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:53 am

I guess that economy I stated sounded very thirsty. Should have read L/ 100Km.
Oldtimers problems at 41. Yes I am interested in your stuff but distance and freight is a problem to Albury.
new44

Postby turto on Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:26 pm

No problems, I should be able to get them to Newcastle in the next month or so if that would make things easier.

Turto
Turto,

Beer is Life
turto

Postby MR T on Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:46 pm

sorry i know its rude but would you mind if i asked how much you paid as im looking at getting a vr auto aswell ;)
a smile is a sign of joy, a hug is a sign of love, a laugh is a sign of happiness and a friend like me...well...that's a sign of good taste.
MR T

Postby new44 on Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:52 pm

Not rude at all.
I did not buy local as they would not call me back. So I made 2 calls to places about 400 km away.( I should not say where as this may make it difficult for that dealer)

Details New colored VR , Manual, Diesel , Under side tub `mits`. , ARB step/tow bar, carpet mats, bonnet and light protectors drive away, abn, I think thats it for less than 34,000. Prices have gone up alot since my purchase.. I can not recommend this car enough so far . I think dealers are having a bit of trouble getting stock since they are a much better deal than Hilux.

Turto

Newcastle sounds very possible for us .
Can you please send me a PM on price .
I am away for work from late tonight until Thursday so I will hope to converse with you some how.

Thanks new44
new44

Postby MR T on Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:00 pm

yea thats what i was looking at in price but over here in adelaide they seem to want 40,000 plus :cry: so im thinking on flying to vic and driving back if the price is right
a smile is a sign of joy, a hug is a sign of love, a laugh is a sign of happiness and a friend like me...well...that's a sign of good taste.
MR T

Postby Still-Lurking on Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:16 pm

The on-line prices I see from Victorian dealers are always less than the other states, but I'm not sure how it works with rego ect.
(I'm in NSW)

Last time I told a local dealer about the prices he said "bullshit" and I had to show him on his computer. :D
The boss then came over and said he would match the price. ;)

What worries me at the moment, is the low number of VR's on the lots with the diff lock fitted - would it be harder to screw these guys down on an order as opposed to something that's been on the lot for a while ?
Still-Lurking

Postby new44 on Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:18 pm

My purchase was all over the phone, so if you can find a good deal out of any southern Vic dealers then go for it.
new44

Postby new44 on Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:22 pm

Last months abn deal on VR`s seems to have taken most stock away, so much so that my dealer thinks he will have bad sales until 30 June because he can not get stock. The current base model Triton seems to be worth chasing if you want that model. Good luck!
new44

Return to Introductions