so i havent updated this for a while......
so for the things i have added since last time.
front lokka, different bullbar again, the other came off second best against a tree
, Roof/tray Rack with the spotties up there with two little 8LED light barson the corners, roof top tent on its way, dual battery set up in the tool box, various LED 'Rock Lights' under tha car.
Changed the suspension over to Monster Rides Adjustable front struts and the rear shocks, best decision by far! the tough dog foam cells were to heavy duty i believe for the weight of my ute, it was too stiff on road... and also not high enough in the front for bigger rubber
i haveonly wound the adjuster nutt up 25 odd mm on the thread on the shock and its sitting at 855mm to the bottom of the rim at the moment with the CV still well within 'safe' angles will go up a little bit more once i have my leaf packs reset a little higher also. on the leaves, took them apart today as they were noisy, no wonder! everything was bone dry! shackle bushes, leaves everything
so i took it all out dis-assembled the packs de-greased and cleaned everything. putting them back together temptation got the better of me and i left one of the leaves out to see how it would go/feel as i never carry anything unless i am going on a trip.... in which case it would come down and meet the load carrier anyway....so continued putting it all back together put in all new bushes and some greasable shackles, after making them look all 'new' again with some trusty satin black paint
got the new MR shocks in there too now and the ride is unbelievably better no more head smacking by the head rest, it feels almost like i have a couple of extra doors and seats behind me :S so i went to a little flex up thing near my house to test it out and WOW just coming out of my driveway seeing the tyre tuck right up into the tray made me a very happy man! the rear doesnt even hesitate to articulate, not that it did but it does it so easily now
oh the pics of before... dont judge me, i didnt clean it since last trip hahaha.
also wired up dual battery in the toolbox through a redarc solenoid using 0 guage wire, im using a 90ah BMW agm battery with 760CCA as my second battery.... cant complain with freebee's... just have to complete making a piece of alloy to section off the toolbox and put an anderson plug receptacle flush mounted into the top corner of the box which will also act as a vent... while at it we ran all the wires for the lights on the roof up through one of the posts all thats left to do is hook up the relays and fuse block.. have run extra wires for lights coming for the rear corners of the rack and nice led lights 10" long to run along the under side of the rack probably 2 per side.....
old dirty stuff
hmmmmm, was tempting to wack in some 18" travel air shocks a mate had handy......
leaves that didnt go back in....
front near on full compression... almost 10 mm from bump stop
full droop, notice UCA cleares the shock
THE best part about these shocks hahah
i like lights
zip ties temporary, dont worry, have a cover plate being powder coated tomoro
new Rigid Industries Light bar
full droop again