BEN115 single cab Build Thread-Stainless Snorkle wheels/tyre

New to the site? Introduce yourself!

Re: Ben - MN Single cab

Postby bboughton on Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:07 pm

I'm trying to figure out what to use to weigh down my back axle abit when I have no load. It bounces around a fair bit. Something relatively easy to get on and off and that wont roll around in the back..
bboughton

Postby bboughton on Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:26 pm

:lol:
bboughton

Postby BEN115 on Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:44 pm

i still havent done anything about my weight issue lol. although the plan is for anunder tray drawer, 90% water tight and weighs about 120kg. my brother has one on his hilux, and i think it will look quite neat under there, also having no sides on the tray, makes for a very nice storage space.

as for the tong bbox question, sorry it took so long. mine is waterproof, when i bolted it down i used clear silicon and filled up the bolt holes before tightening, seemed to do the trick. very well made box too.
BEN115

Re: Ben - MN Single cab - new custom bullbar!

Postby BEN115 on Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:48 pm

hmmmm, i thought editting the original post it would come up in new posts but how i was wrong, well on page 1 theres some pics of my new bar :)
BEN115

Postby fridgie on Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:58 pm

Looks great mate, very 8-)
I'm not so good with the advice :oops: ... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment??? :twisted:

FORUM DIRECTORY - Click here

SEARCH TUTORIAL - Click here

MY TRITON - SEE IT HERE
fridgie

Postby BEN115 on Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:00 pm

cheers, cant wait to get some lights on it!
BEN115

Postby kwyjibo on Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:05 pm

simple design, i like it! plus there's plenty of room for lighting additions :D :D
kwyjibo

Postby Homer on Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:35 am

Geez that's a mean looking bit of gear 8-) Where did you have that fabbed up mate?

Looks like a decent track you took the pics on too...any location?
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby jop on Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:32 pm

Going by the sticker - APT at tingalpa.

They made up my paj sliders and powdercoated my sportsbars - Heading back there soon for some more gear :twisted:
jop

Postby reeldreamer on Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:36 pm

Looks very cool! Just a question which you probably have already considered how do you go with air bag compliance and insurance?
Bash plates and other cool gear from Prestige Offroad Accessories

http://www.newtriton.net/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=80
reeldreamer

Postby BEN115 on Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:55 pm

yeh jop is correct, APT fabrications at tingalpa, 35, i think, container st.

ahh the tracks im on in the pics are the logan village pine forrest, best 4wding within 2.5 hours of brisbane, its only about 45 minutes from wynum in qld :)

as for the airbag compliance and insurance . . . . . . . . . ahh thats all i hav to say lol. seriously the airbag thing didnt even cross my mind and i just told insurance iv got a custom bumper worth $xxxx
BEN115

Postby BEN115 on Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:15 pm

yeh mate pretty good.

got all the lights in the front done. soo much light comes from the light bar! pics in original post
BEN115

Postby drover on Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:05 pm

BEN115 wrote:hmmmm, well any ideas for weight gain :P?

Welcome Ben. I don't do much "off road" just dirt main & local roads and I found by running a length of railway line down each side of the tray with two bolts in each gives me 110 Kg which takes the rear end kick when running empty and if I ever need to it's only 5 mins to undo the bolts which I doubt as a pallet fits between them easily :)
drover

Postby Sky Miner on Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:22 pm

Nice truck mate aways did like the single/extra cabs ;) i would have got one if thay made em in auto (extra cab that is)
so i got the super extra/cab :lol: :lol: Sand bags are the go if ya looking for extra weight in the back...1 sand bag=25kgs
Thoes little indicators/stop lights are the go look 8-) . that bullybar would turn some heads it does look good.
Ever noticed if somebody is driving slower than you is an idiot,
and anyone going faster than you is also an idiot?
Sky Miner

Re: BEN115 single cab Build Thread.

Postby BEN115 on Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:15 pm

so i havent updated this for a while......
so for the things i have added since last time.
front lokka, different bullbar again, the other came off second best against a tree :(, Roof/tray Rack with the spotties up there with two little 8LED light barson the corners, roof top tent on its way, dual battery set up in the tool box, various LED 'Rock Lights' under tha car.

Changed the suspension over to Monster Rides Adjustable front struts and the rear shocks, best decision by far! the tough dog foam cells were to heavy duty i believe for the weight of my ute, it was too stiff on road... and also not high enough in the front for bigger rubber ;) i haveonly wound the adjuster nutt up 25 odd mm on the thread on the shock and its sitting at 855mm to the bottom of the rim at the moment with the CV still well within 'safe' angles will go up a little bit more once i have my leaf packs reset a little higher also. on the leaves, took them apart today as they were noisy, no wonder! everything was bone dry! shackle bushes, leaves everything :( so i took it all out dis-assembled the packs de-greased and cleaned everything. putting them back together temptation got the better of me and i left one of the leaves out to see how it would go/feel as i never carry anything unless i am going on a trip.... in which case it would come down and meet the load carrier anyway....so continued putting it all back together put in all new bushes and some greasable shackles, after making them look all 'new' again with some trusty satin black paint :P got the new MR shocks in there too now and the ride is unbelievably better no more head smacking by the head rest, it feels almost like i have a couple of extra doors and seats behind me :S so i went to a little flex up thing near my house to test it out and WOW just coming out of my driveway seeing the tyre tuck right up into the tray made me a very happy man! the rear doesnt even hesitate to articulate, not that it did but it does it so easily now :D oh the pics of before... dont judge me, i didnt clean it since last trip hahaha.

also wired up dual battery in the toolbox through a redarc solenoid using 0 guage wire, im using a 90ah BMW agm battery with 760CCA as my second battery.... cant complain with freebee's... just have to complete making a piece of alloy to section off the toolbox and put an anderson plug receptacle flush mounted into the top corner of the box which will also act as a vent... while at it we ran all the wires for the lights on the roof up through one of the posts all thats left to do is hook up the relays and fuse block.. have run extra wires for lights coming for the rear corners of the rack and nice led lights 10" long to run along the under side of the rack probably 2 per side.....

old dirty stuff
Click to view larger picture

hmmmmm, was tempting to wack in some 18" travel air shocks a mate had handy......

leaves apart

leaves that didnt go back in....

all pretty

all in

front near on full compression... almost 10 mm from bump stop

full droop, notice UCA cleares the shock ;) THE best part about these shocks hahah

i like lights :) zip ties temporary, dont worry, have a cover plate being powder coated tomoro :)

new Rigid Industries Light bar

full droop again :)

BEN115

Re: BEN115 single cab Build Thread. updated*

Postby BEN115 on Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:41 pm

so iv borrowed my mates 34" tyres and rims off his landcruiser.... -26 offset... and they fit ... just lol!
when i get my own i will be running 0 i rekon that way clearance to the rear of the wheel arch is absolutly no issue. i had to remove the factory mud flaps... that is all. not a big fan of the alloys on my ute, but absolutly love the tyres filling the guards and sitting right inline with the body.... sidewalls are out side lol.

just touches on full compression at about 3/4 lock.... this will be solved with 0 offset rims

will have to move rear guards to accomodate

BEN115

Postby BEN115 on Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:42 pm

cheers tex. lol theres a few flat ones up there..... i just love the way these things look articulated :P
BEN115

Postby BEN115 on Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:47 pm

After a few afternoons and a weekend on and off the triton my dual battery set up is complete. second battery is in the toolbox on the tray, theres a 175 amp anderson plug flush mounted also with an attempt at making the hole weather resistant, which has come up trumps i rekon. there will also be a waterproof cigerette socket going on at some point. the Redarc solenoid is mounted to the LHF wheel well. there is a fuse box also in the back for any more lights i wish to run. at the moment theres only one in use for the LED flood lights on the rack. also fabbed up a piece of alloy to cover all the wiring and ballasts for the lights on the roof, getting powder coated next week. wanted it on for my trip to landcruiser park this weekend :)

the battery in the toolbox with the false wall i suppose you would call it, also fabbed up....

anderson plug.

alloy cover on rack
BEN115

Postby mmaaxx on Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:31 am

Nice work Ben....one of the nocer Triton builds Ive seen out there....keep it up.
The Punisher's Build - - http://www.newhilux.net/myshed.php?view=1&id=35
max@monsterrides.com.au
mmaaxx

Postby NickTriton on Mon May 13, 2013 9:28 pm

Any updates at all?
NickTriton

Postby macca002 on Fri May 17, 2013 6:39 pm

Dropping 1 leaf from the primary pack is the best way to get more droop out of the rear end.

Question though, are you planning on fitting longer shackles to fix the shackle angle? Fitting longer shackles will push the angle back to 45degrees and give you more droop again.

The longer shackle will also fix the 'jinsag' you will get once the new leaf setup has been run in and start to flatten out a bit.

Nice triton BTW. You seem to be going in the exact same direction I did before I moved away from fun toys to a more family friendly/tourer MN.

Old rig: Click to view larger picture
macca002

Postby mIwoo on Fri May 17, 2013 7:49 pm

I reckon thats the sexiest looking single cab I've seen in a triton! Thats smick as!! Good stuff Ben!
1130 BARRA - 850 Murray Cod - 640 Dusky - 445 Aus BASS - 585 Yellow-belly - 440 Redfin
mIwoo

Postby BEN115 on Mon May 20, 2013 5:20 pm

maca002, yeah im working on a set of extended shackles now, but in doing so i will also have to play with the tail shaft..... probably going to cut the mounts down and make new ones with a spacer also to go into the pinion flange, new shocks and new brake lines. the shackle angle is really good at the moment so im not going for monster shackles prob only 50 mm longer, also add some bigger bump stops as the tyres hit the undersisde of the tray even with the little guys on, im about to put bigger wheels and tyres on it so it will become an issue.

mIwoo, cheers i have just gone with making it look how i want it too, which seems to have worked :)

also quick update... made my own set of sliders for it and put an air locker in the rear with the compressor in the toolbox. pics to come.
BEN115

Postby NickTriton on Mon May 20, 2013 8:08 pm

Wicked! Keen!
NickTriton

Postby NickTriton on Mon May 20, 2013 8:29 pm

Can't wait to see some pics :)
NickTriton

PreviousNext

Return to Introductions