Air Conditioning

Anything Triton related

Re: Air Conditioning

Postby smlr on Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:45 pm

Could also be that the system is over heating . The pressure switch could be cutting it out then when the pressure drops it cuts back in. On hot days the condenser gets no air flow when vehicle is not moving & therefore system overheats.
smlr

Postby fridgie on Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:25 pm

Mattstruck wrote:Warranty you think Fridgie??

Maybe.... If you were in qld ;) :lol: :lol:

Highly doubt it though, as they are designed to be run frequently and lack of use would cause it they will most likely say it's your fault so you pay :roll:
I'm not so good with the advice :oops: ... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment??? :twisted:

FORUM DIRECTORY - Click here

SEARCH TUTORIAL - Click here

MY TRITON - SEE IT HERE
fridgie

Postby KevO78 on Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:23 pm

what temp can we expect to come from the ac vent? i get 15oC with fan at 3 and recirc
KevO78

Postby firthy on Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:06 pm

Had my triton for about a month now and after a few hot days I can honestly say, it works, but nowhere near as good as a number of previous cars. Actually a bit dissapointed with the A/C
On the old suby you could only run it at about lv2 before you got too cold.
firthy

Postby bail2009 on Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:33 am

Would cabin space / insulation have an effect on the cabin coolness with the air con on?
bail2009

Postby mad992 on Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:39 am

bail2009 wrote:Would cabin space / insulation have an effect on the cabin coolness with the air con on?

yeah and the fact that single cabs get the same set up as dual cabs i would think so the system just cant handle it
can we beef up or boost the system any way for us poor ol suffering dual cab owners :oops:
mad992

Postby camb on Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:56 am

hi all, have had 2 mitso's.ml dual cab, and now a pb challenger. both have not been that good re, a/c. ml was the worst,just couldn't seem to keep the cab cool enough, and that was from new. i reckon it has something to do with the fact that the compressor keeps cutting in and out, even when it is stinking hot....must be a mitsubishi thing??
camb

Postby irwazza on Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:31 am

Single cab here, freeze on fan speed 2.
:-)
irwazza

Postby Froggy on Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:43 am

My ML D/C has no concerns with the aircon. It's not very efficent at idle, but I know that that is because I need to clean out the condenser coils and radiator after a few mud pits!
It keeps up fine on recirc on 35 + degree days.
Froggy

Postby Naff on Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:58 pm

My A/C in the triton is ten times better than the Nissan Dualis I have on hire at the moment.
Naff
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Homer on Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:52 pm

:shock: must be bad....
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby Naff on Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:02 pm

I think the Triton is good.. maybe mine is just special..
Naff
Platinum Subscriber

Postby snowman on Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:26 pm

how many of you blokes with good A/C have had your front windows tinted beyond factory?
This car is like a bad drug habit. It is taking all my money and time, my family are concerned, but new mods just feel sooooooo good.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby irwazza on Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:34 pm

20% here
irwazza

Postby fridgie on Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:46 pm

snowman wrote:how many of you blokes with good A/C have had your front windows tinted beyond factory?

I reckon mine's not too bad, but understanding how it all works makes a difference too as you make more allowances ;-)

I had my front windows tinted as dark as is legal in Queensland pre delivery.

Mine gets warm at a standstill, but my history shows the reasons why :lol: :lol:

(will be helping with a snorkel install this weekend, will take some readings on the trip there, temp, revs, car speed etc and then swap the gas out and check again on way home to see if any difference is made)
I'm not so good with the advice :oops: ... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment??? :twisted:

MY TRITON - SEE IT HERE
fridgie

Postby timbo on Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:10 pm

And what gas would you be putting back in?? I'm considering doing the same thing only problem is what I want to use is very hard to come by and don't want to use all my stash :lol:
timbo

Postby biggibbo on Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:17 pm

I had my windows tinted to match the rears and my cab stays pretty cool. A/C keeps up no worries.
biggibbo

Postby krazed on Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:32 pm

biggibbo wrote:I had my windows tinted to match the rears and my cab stays pretty cool. A/C keeps up no worries.

same here . No complaints from me in the aircon department . generally only run mine on 2 and it stays nice
krazed

Postby jimbill on Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:15 pm

Interesting. My Triton's AC is not as effective as my old 1998 rodeo. Just feeling the air coming out of the vents it doesn't seem as cold. I would like the dealer to check the pressures but how do you get them to do that?
jimbill

Postby Brent1 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:23 pm

I wonder if an improvement could be made if there were vents in the centre consul to pump some air directly into the back of the duel cab to help distribute it more evenly?
Brent1

Postby Thommo3337 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:10 pm

Was just having the discussion with my mate. His ml he remind is terrible my mn I feel is adequate usually have on 3 even today in 39+deg my mate rapped that insulating reflective tape around the pipes and felines it made a difference but was still complaining today! Might be adequate for the front in rhe mn but I have picked up my son out of his child seat and the sweat was unbelievable (he does sweat alot though)y 1990 camry still had the best though although was told the older cars had a different gas which isnt allowed now. Rear window down is definitely a must when first getting back in to the car doesn't take long to flush the hot air out.
A Heroin Addiction Would Have Been Cheaper!!
Thommo3337

Postby Brent1 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:17 pm

Thommo3337 wrote:Was just having the discussion with my mate. His ml he remind is terrible my mn I feel is adequate usually have on 3 even today in 39+deg my mate rapped that insulating reflective tape around the pipes and felines it made a difference but was still complaining today! Might be adequate for the front in rhe mn but I have picked up my son out of his child seat and the sweat was unbelievable (he does sweat alot though)y 1990 camry still had the best though although was told the older cars had a different gas which isnt allowed now. Rear window down is definitely a must when first getting back in to the car doesn't take long to flush the hot air out.

Most of the time I'm driving on my own in the front with my 3 year old in the back which made me think about the circulation as mine seems okay most of the time but I wonder how good it is in the back but he is a bit young to explain properly. I haven't had the other problems that people have mentioned though which I am thankful of since it is a new car and will be mine and my sons transport for a long time yet. I've found it doesn't feel quite as cold coming out of the jets as others but on most days after a time I have to turn it down as it ends up doing a good job. But once again I am never in the back. It was just a very hot day the other day where I had it on 3 for about half an hour and asked him if he was cold and as I tuned it down he said, "up, up". He did look a bit sweaty. But I am thankful that so far the air con seems to be doing the job. I think a big design improvement for the next model should be rear vents
Brent1

Postby Brayden's dad on Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:26 am

Hi,

The higher the temperature differential between what the air temperature is to what you want it to be, the harder the A/C has to work. For example, it is much harder to lower the temperature 18 deg form 40 external to 22 in the cab than it is to lower it 8 degrees from 30 external to 22 inside the cab.

As the A/C begins to take effect in the cab, the cabin temperature becomes lower than the external ambient air temp. If you change the setting set to "Recirculation" on hot days it is easier for the A/C to cool the air. It's kind of like compound interest in reverse.

regards,
Troy.
"Apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health - WHAT have the Romans ever done for us??"
Brayden's dad

Postby fridgie on Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:24 am

I have my vents aimed as high as possible and it gets colder in the back than the front. Recirculate on 3 to begin with then drop to 2 once it cools down a bit.

MY TRITON - SEE IT HERE
fridgie

Postby Big Damo on Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:47 am

Travelled home from Wudinna to Adelaide yesterday where the temp reached around 45 in the arvo. Air con was fine, however I feel that it isn't that hard for even a crappy air con system to reach adequate temps after a long time in the vehicle...the real test is starting up when the vehicle has been parked in the sun..this is where the Triton lets us down I reckon.....it seems to take ages to get to an acceptable temp where my 1999 Jackaroo and MQ patrol all cooled quicker and that was with a bigger cabin space (wagons).
Big Damo

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion