a new reciever dryer

new "o" rings

and gas

great. :)
mad992

Re: Air Conditioning

Postby fridgie on Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:52 pm

Not much left that isn't new now...... :shock: :shock: :shock:

Glad you got it all sorted mate ;) Hope it stays that way for you!
I'm not so good with the advice :oops: ... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment??? :twisted:

FORUM DIRECTORY - Click here

SEARCH TUTORIAL - Click here

MY TRITON - SEE IT HERE
fridgie

Postby mad992 on Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:25 am

fridgie wrote:Not much left that isn't new now...... :shock: :shock: :shock:

Glad you got it all sorted mate ;) Hope it stays that way for you!

thanks mate ;) yes iam just happy with summer coming on now i can enjoy with cold air con :D
geez i love the 5yr warranty glad i bought a mitsubishi :P ,any more of us older 2008 ML boys it pays to check when warranty runs out. 8-)
mad992

Postby macca002 on Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:10 pm

Tapa talk fail....wrong thread.

Sorry.
macca002

Postby Colsha on Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:30 pm

The AC in my GLXR has gotten pretty sucky over the last few weeks. I've read as many of the "my aircon sucks" threads as I can find and decided to get some temp readings. So I set climate control to the lowest setting (I'm guessing 18 as it's not labelled) with recirc on, and left it to idle with the bonnet up - ambient temp of 33c outside (33 inside car as well). In 2 minutes the vent temperature was down to 23c but then quickly rose to 25.2 and by 10 minutes had risen to 25.6. The temp above the centre console dropped from 33 to 30.5 during that 10 minutes.

I would probably be happy with that only once I start driving it's like somebody turned the climate control up to 28+. After a trip to the store and back (2km, 5 minutes return) the cab was back to 33.

It's got to go back to Mitsu for some work so I'll bring it up with them but the missus has said she won't drive it until it's fixed! Good for me but I don't want to sweat for the 2.5 hours I spend driving it each day until they get it sorted!

Any ideas? It's just weird that it's cooler when stationary than it is while driving. Also when the AC is off the fan seems to spit out warm air rather than the ambient temp air. It's like it is being heated, and leads me to believe it may not actually be the AC but the air intake is either sucking hot air or getting warmed somewhere!
Colsha

Postby fridgie on Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:37 pm

I guess first place to check would be the ducting/fresh air vent. (after making sure the settings are all correct first, does happen)
I'm not so good with the advice :oops: ... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment??? :twisted:

FORUM DIRECTORY - Click here

SEARCH TUTORIAL - Click here

MY TRITON - SEE IT HERE
fridgie

Postby Colsha on Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:46 am

Settings this morning were face vent selected, fan set to auto or 1, AC on, recirc on and Climate Control on 18. It was 26 degrees outside when I jumped in and slightly higher in the cabin. By the time I got to work the cabin was 28 degrees and it was only 27 outside. My trip to work is an hour long at 80+km/h the majority of the way. I tried a few other setting combinations but nothing changed.

By the fresh air vent do you mean the vent under the windscreen? I had a pretty good look around under the hood and the only thing I noticed was how the AC cold pipe is a lot colder when I'm just parked and idling. I think the insulation on the cold pipe would make a big difference especially where it runs past the exhaust (coming from what I think is the turbo... I'm a noob when it comes to cars).
Colsha

Postby hvac guy on Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:14 pm

Have a look under the drivers side and check the cable has not come the big white cogged wheel
I AM THE ONE WHO KNOCKS.
hvac guy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Colsha on Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:18 pm

Sorry HVAC I just spent 10 minutes looking for a big white cogged wheel and couldn't find one. Am I supposed to be looking behind the steering wheel or under the body, or in the engine bay?
Colsha

Postby hvac guy on Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:16 pm

sorry mate if u look where the pedals are up towards the center behind the ac controls it looks like this
take note of the blue bit with the wire if u operate the heat cool dial u should see this move. unless u have climate control which u should see and here a motor move. hope this helps have seen this a few times here
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I AM THE ONE WHO KNOCKS.
hvac guy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Colsha on Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:02 pm

Thanks HVAC, found it. In mine you have to look up from the passengers side. Pretty hard to see due to the panels behind the glove box.

It moves as I change the climate control settings, along with some loud clicks, which kind of sound like a gear skipping teeth. I'm guessing this mechanism opens and closes a flapper that lets in warm air? The sound is almost like it could be jammed.
Colsha

Postby hvac guy on Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:14 pm

yeah thats it it might be incorrectly stroked or something jamming the flap between the heater and cooler cores
without having a closer look on mine the big gear operates the smaller gear my guess would be the gears are out of sync since the suction line on the a/c is cold. which all u have to do is undo the screw on the big gear and turn the small gear by hand until cold air comes out and stops turning. while the dial is on full cool so when u put it back together it all lines up.
I AM THE ONE WHO KNOCKS.
hvac guy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Colsha on Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:20 pm

I might have a better look tomorrow by pulling the glove box out but it's probably going to have to wait until I take it in for other work.

Thanks for your help fridgie and HVAC :)
Colsha

Postby Colsha on Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:35 pm

I guess those clicks were the gears skipping and they've ended up back in sync because yesterday morning the AC was pumping out 19 degrees all the way to work and has been ever since - the cabin got down to 22 and I had to start turning the temp up! It was still clicking but while it's working I'm not going to play with it. :D
Colsha

Postby gaspode on Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:03 am

This might be a coincidental issue, but my A/C stopped working around the same time my air-bag light came back on (finally getting a new wiring loom). By stopped working, I mean the compressor does not kick in at all when the A/C is switched on via the dash.

So far I have checked the main fuses, but they are all good. Any suggestions as to where else I should be looking?
This is the best bad idea I have
gaspode
Platinum Subscriber

Postby FreestyleCab on Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:07 am

@gaspode

Probably lost the gas out of the AC system. A re-gas and leak check might be in order.
Brett
FreestyleCab

Postby gaspode on Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:52 am

Cheers mate.
This is the best bad idea I have
gaspode
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Mark Milojeski on Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:25 pm

I've had a few ML MN Tritons come thru my work with the same problem. They seem to work on a normal day but after 30 degrees ambient they die in the ass. What I have found with most is the thermistor that's located in the evaporator box are cutting the pump out to early thinking that it's cold. U can replace it or what I do is move the temp probe up further so it's sampling the air further away from the evaporator which should then cut the pump out at say 4-5 degrees at the vents. Hope that May solve your problems.
Mark Milojeski

Postby Cowboy Dave on Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:49 pm

Is that the box that's right up behind the centre of the dash? How do you go getting access to the temperature probe? Must be a bit of a pain?
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby har05l on Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:19 pm

gaspode wrote:This might be a coincidental issue, but my A/C stopped working around the same time my air-bag light came back on (finally getting a new wiring loom). By stopped working, I mean the compressor does not kick in at all when the A/C is switched on via the dash.

So far I have checked the main fuses, but they are all good. Any suggestions as to where else I should be looking?

Might be a silly suggestion but has the AC belt snapped by any chance :?

That's all I got :oops:
[censored]
har05l
Platinum Subscriber

Postby variflex on Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:37 am

I had my ac stop working a while back due to a blown fuse, I cannot remember which fuse she was but I know the fuse didn't relate to the ac or fan in any way, take a few minutes out and check all fuses one by one
variflex

Postby Mark Milojeski on Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:17 am

Yep it's directly behind the glove box. The a/c has to get degassed and evaporator box removed from vehicle. You don't have to pull the box apart for the mod but I usually take them apart and clean evaporator out and cut out the location for a cabin filter.
Mark Milojeski

Previous

Return to General Discussion