P!ssed off!

Anything Triton related

Re: P!ssed off!

Postby chick_magnet_0001 on Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:43 pm

just wanting to warn everyone fridgie is about to do the same thread because his lift is been installed all wrong and his glxr badge is all on the piss :D :lol: :twisted:
COME ON FULL NOISE!!!!
Recovered:
Jop at scenic rim
Homer at janowen Hills
Homer at janowen Hills (3mins later)
Recovered
by fridgie 4wd Training Day... "shakes head" i woulda made it
chick_magnet_0001

Postby Steane on Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:53 pm

I was wondering what happened to fridgie. I thought he must have had the suspension fitted and driven off into the sunset...
Steane
Platinum Subscriber

Postby BUD on Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:23 pm

Dylan 191, Hay Dylan I LOVE ya profile PIC
BUD

Postby Try-it-on on Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:34 pm

I got mine back from the installer today, and I'm pretty happy with the job, with just one exception.
When I looked in the engine bay, where they've brought the snorkel through the inner guard, they may not have painted the cut edge. It is hard to tell, as the edge appears to be a thin white line, which would probably be bare metal if they hadn't put anything there, but if it's some form of paint, they sure didn't put much on. I'm not expecting colour matched paint on a cut edge, but something to protect it would be nice.
I even painted some plain household matt black onto the cut edge on my Patrol when I put in just a bonnet scoop, so it would seem even more important to protect the cut edge on something like an inner guard.

In Canberra people seem pretty lax about rust, we are 2 hours from the sea, half a Kilometre in altitude, have little in the way of moisture in the thin air, and hardly any pollution - let alone acidic rain or the like - so the risk of rust seems to be all but ignored by a lot of people.
I love Terra Firma - the less firmer the more terror.
Try-it-on

Postby fridgie on Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:36 pm

chick_magnet_0001 wrote:just wanting to warn everyone fridgie is about to do the same thread because his lift is been installed all wrong and his glxr badge is all on the piss :D :lol: :twisted:

Dont get me started Chicky!! :evil: I would like to say it has been a pleasant, worry free experience but it hasnt....might have a few drinks tonight and type up a draft ;) :lol:
I'm not so good with the advice :oops: ... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment??? :twisted:

FORUM DIRECTORY - Click here

SEARCH TUTORIAL - Click here

MY TRITON - SEE IT HERE
fridgie

Postby Cowboy Dave on Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:57 pm

hey Fridgie maybe they stuck a spirit level on your badge when they were adjusting the ride height and that's why the springs are all out of whack now? :lol:
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby Dylan 191 on Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:23 pm

BUD wrote:Dylan 191, Hay Dylan I LOVE ya profile PIC

:D Thanks mate
Marge bring me your address book ,4 beers and my conversation hat !!
Dylan 191

Postby donks1 on Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:02 am

G'day all. I might be able to shed some light on this.. Working for a stealer on the dark side, we supply a lot of Hiluxes to the NSW Rural Fire Service. They in turn have a deal with ARB for accessories such as vullbars & winches. Anyway, a few months ago, they fitted a bullbar to 1 and a few weeks later, it went through a small water crossing. Water splashed up, got sucked into the intake and blew the motor. Tursn out they didn't refit the liners properly and they were torn off going through mud/water earlier in the day. End result was written off Lux with less than 10,000k's on it.
I tried to buy it from the insurance co, and drop a new motor in it, but they said no.
Possibly they have been instructed to "MAKE SURE" it won't happen again.

Steve
donks1

Postby Kegsy on Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:20 am

donks1 wrote:G'day all. I might be able to shed some light on this.. Working for a stealer on the dark side, we supply a lot of Hiluxes to the NSW Rural Fire Service. They in turn have a deal with ARB for accessories such as vullbars & winches. Anyway, a few months ago, they fitted a bullbar to 1 and a few weeks later, it went through a small water crossing. Water splashed up, got sucked into the intake and blew the motor. Tursn out they didn't refit the liners properly and they were torn off going through mud/water earlier in the day. End result was written off Lux with less than 10,000k's on it.
I tried to buy it from the insurance co, and drop a new motor in it, but they said no.
Possibly they have been instructed to "MAKE SURE" it won't happen again.

Steve

Thanks for that mate.

I've been back to the shop and the manager agreed it was dodgy work, so I don't think this is the reason.

The liners fell out on the drive home as well, so even if they were instructed to "make sire", they still failed :lol:

I'll get some pics up today. Its UHF and Spottie install day :D
Triton be gone :cry:
Kegsy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby KevO78 on Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:43 am

I got my bullbar fitted at 4wdmega store and they aren't much better, my bumper was cut crooked and the bullbar not aligned properly. a week later we barely nudge a kangaroo and the bull bar twisted up on it's mounts because none of the bolts had been tightened up :x . to top it all off the car was booked in for a full day to get the bar and snorkel fitted but when i came back lunch time the bar was fitted but they weren't going to do the snorkel as it would be a six hour job, which meant coming back and a 600km round trip. NEVER AGAIN.
KevO78

Postby Try-it-on on Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:51 pm

Pride Automotive who did mine are a 4wdMegastore. I guess once again it comes down not to the company, but to the person doing the work.
I liked the comment the Manager made when I picked mine up. I asked how it had gone on the test drive after the suspension went on, and the guy said, "I think you've convinced the the young bloke who took it for a drive, to buy himself a Triton, he doesn't have a 4wd ... YET!"
I guess he liked it.
I know the amount of lift is a disappointment, but the ride is MASSIVELY improved.
I've put some pics up in the bullbar thread showing the install on mine. I'm not sure where to look for problems, but would be interested to know what kind of things I should be checking to make sure mine's been done properly.
I love Terra Firma - the less firmer the more terror.
Try-it-on

Previous

Return to General Discussion