New MN Price paid?

Anything Triton related

Re: New MN Price paid?

Postby jmos on Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:18 pm

Oh man, can't believe the prices on offer at the moment.

Some great buying :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by jmos on Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jmos

Postby DoubleD on Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:41 pm

I can't believe these prices guys, my oldies are looking around Newcastle at the moment,
with these prices they're sure it pick up a good deal!!!!
DoubleD

Postby har05l on Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:36 am

DDwr450f wrote:I can't believe these prices guys, my oldies are looking around Newcastle at the moment,
with these prices they're sure it pick up a good deal!!!!

Perhaps a drive to Singleton mate ;)

http://www.lancastermotors.com.au/html/ ... =58&id=312

When I was shopping around years ago these guys were cheap and looks like they still are compared to the city dealers ;)
[censored]
har05l
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Bazz_GLXR on Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:31 am

2013 GLXR manual with factory diff lock, charcoal, $36990 drive away......no extras and they only offer genuine ones which the prices are absurd compared to aftermarket. Picked it up Monday and couldn't be happier..... :D
Bazz_GLXR

Postby snowman on Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:11 pm

MN MY13 (2013 BUILD date) Manual & White. No accessories.

Note: 2013 BUILT GLX-R triton's all come standard with the diff lock but no nudge bar.

Drive away with business rego $35,059.00 (the $59 was for the black and white plates and not standard yellow :roll: ).

so basically $35k drive away.

Pretty happy with that price. :D
This car is like a bad drug habit. It is taking all my money and time, my family are concerned, but new mods just feel sooooooo good.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby snowman on Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:13 pm

there was a MANUAL VR-X :? Pajero (2nd from the top below Exceed) in a MANUAL gearbox and champagne colour for $49,999.00 DRIVE AWAY :shock: :shock: :shock: :o

Same thing in auto was 56+ K. They just had three manual going very cheap. :o
This car is like a bad drug habit. It is taking all my money and time, my family are concerned, but new mods just feel sooooooo good.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby har05l on Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:16 pm

So when we testing it snowie :twisted:
[censored]
har05l
Platinum Subscriber

Postby brettpalmer on Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:21 pm

I just picked up my glx-r thurs 2013 build for 37500 drive away and was told only limited number 2013's had diff lock. I may be wrong. First triton for me and just done over 250 k's and very happy with this car.
brettpalmer

Postby snowman on Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:23 pm

brettpalmer wrote:I just picked up my glx-r thurs 2013 build for 37500 drive away and was told only limited number 2013's had diff lock. I may be wrong. First triton for me and just done over 250 k's and very happy with this car.

well this would not be the first sales rep that was wrong (or i misinterpreted) but he was pretty adamant that 2013 (so not 2012 build) have the diff locks.

Unless i misunderstood that it was all of the ones they brought in. pretty sure he said they all were.

worthy of note is the $2000 cash back being offered for June by MMAL (that cashback is included in my price).
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby snowman on Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:24 pm

har05l wrote:So when we testing it snowie :twisted:

i have one for bash and crash and one for the blacktop mate. you wont see this one off road for some time. ;)
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby brettpalmer on Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:26 pm

Limited number 2013's have diff lock as standard I should say.
brettpalmer

Postby snowman on Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:27 pm

brettpalmer wrote:Limited number 2013's have diff lock as standard I should say.

sweet mate i can only repeat one sales rep.

anyway mine has the DL and no point not getting it as the LSD is not available.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby brettpalmer on Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:28 pm

Fantastic prices atm just can't beat it.
brettpalmer

Postby snowman on Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:35 pm

brettpalmer wrote:Fantastic prices atm just can't beat it.

when i bought my ML for $40k on the nose with DL in auto i thought that was as good as i would get.

now without starting an MN-ML debate to get a GLX-R with all the airbags etc. is pretty good at $35k.

with the dropping dollar and the new model in 2014 i dont know if they will be around like that for long.

some tax incentive as well in 2012-2013 ($5000 one off equipment for small business claim under Chattel arrangement )

this one definitely not going off road for some time and minimum accessories (just a canopy and towbar to be bought).

i drove both manual and auto today and although the auto absolutely craps over my ML 4 speed, my wife wanted the manual cog swapper and (unlike the MK) i can locate my left foot next to the clutch do i can drive it on long trips.

Manual definitely has more poke once you get moving though. :shock: :shock: Lets say it was quicker in direct comparison of the same length of road - even with my shocking gear changes. :lol: :lol: :oops:

The 2013 build also has a 'hand wheel' driver seat adjustment (and not the pump action) as well as fold back mirrors with the indicators in the mirrors.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby geoduck on Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:15 pm

snowman wrote:

when i bought my ML for $40k on the nose with DL in auto i thought that was as good as i would get.

now without starting an MN-ML debate to get a GLX-R with all the airbags etc. is pretty good at $35k.

with the dropping dollar and the new model in 2014 i dont know if they will be around like that for long.

some tax incentive as well in 2012-2013 ($5000 one off equipment for small business claim under Chattel arrangement )

this one definitely not going off road for some time and minimum accessories (just a canopy and towbar to be bought).

i drove both manual and auto today and although the auto absolutely craps over my ML 4 speed, my wife wanted the manual cog swapper and (unlike the MK) i can locate my left foot next to the clutch do i can drive it on long trips.

Manual definitely has more poke once you get moving though. :shock: :shock: Lets say it was quicker in direct comparison of the same length of road - even with my shocking gear changes. :lol: :lol: :oops:

The 2013 build also has a 'hand wheel' driver seat adjustment (and not the pump action) as well as fold back mirrors with the indicators in the mirrors.

Having driven in Sydney and the western suburbs, personally I would have gone with the auto.
By the time I'm out there and looking, it will probably be the next gen I will go for. Will have to wait and see.
geoduck

Postby Chill on Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:33 am

snowman wrote:

Didn't think it had to be leased or Chattel arrangement :o . Well that's what the dealer told me when I put down a deposit for a VRX Pajero. He new I was going to buy it outright. Thanks for the heads up and will ask again tomorrow to confirm ;)
Chill

Postby snowman on Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:22 am

edit// i just noticed you are buying outright :D . Sure as long as you own the vehicle then you can make the claim. you CANNOT if leased or HP as per below.

i am not an accountant chill but the way i understand it is this..........

under a Lease or hire Purchase (HP) you do not own the car.

your lease/HP repayments are fully claimable but the car is not yours so you cannnot claim the equipment one of bonus as it is not on your depreciation schedule.

A Chattel mortgage (they actually dont call it this anymore :roll: ) means YOU own the car. So you can make that business equipment claim. However in future years all your payments are NOT fully claimable as the vehicle has to go on a depreciation schedule.

You do get to claim back the GST and the one off bonus in the first year though. From then on, in it is the % per year on the schedule.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby DoubleD on Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:40 am

Great prices guys, Bazz well done, nice colour!! ;)

Snow that's a great bonus if they all come with diff lock!!

I think my oldies are picking theirs up in Tuesday,
White and auto, will find out about diff lock (not that they're need it, but always there!!)
DoubleD

Postby Chill on Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:57 am

snowman wrote:edit// i just noticed you are buying outright :D . Sure as long as you own the vehicle then you can make the claim. you CANNOT if leased or HP as per below.

i am not an accountant chill but the way i understand it is this..........

under a Lease or hire Purchase (HP) you do not own the car.

your lease/HP repayments are fully claimable but the car is not yours so you cannnot claim the equipment one of bonus as it is not on your depreciation schedule.

A Chattel mortgage (they actually dont call it this anymore :roll: ) means YOU own the car. So you can make that business equipment claim. However in future years all your payments are NOT fully claimable as the vehicle has to go on a depreciation schedule.

You do get to claim back the GST and the one off bonus in the first year though. From then on, in it is the % per year on the schedule.

Thanks for that. I have been reading up on it on the web. I'm no bean counter either but sounds all good to me :D
Chill

Postby jmos on Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:19 am

Mitsubishi website have all 3 models back on thier specials page

GLX $31990 less $2000
GLR $33 990
GLX-R $38 990 less $2000 CARSALES.COM.AU have these listed as low as $33755 :o
jmos

Postby Brent1 on Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:14 pm

Chill wrote:
Thanks for that. I have been reading up on it on the web. I'm no bean counter either but sounds all good to me :D

You'll be fine. I am a qualified accountant (although don't work in the field anymore) and just had a quick read of the new legislation and Snowman is correct - with a mortgage you have taken ownership of the goods and it is just an accelerated depreciation allowance for the first year they have bought into play. Means if you buy it at end of financial year you don't have to wait 12 months for a decent depreciation claim. If leasing suits you better then don't panic either - either way you will end up getting to claim the lot - it's just your timing that will be different. With a lease you are claiming the rent (which includes the principal - which ends up being your depreciation if you took a mortgage instead - and the interest), while with a mortgage you don't claim the monthly payment per se - you claim the interest component and depreciation. And either of these methods are subject to your percentage of business use so you won't miss out. The only thing to consider is if your income fluctuates from year to year it may be very handy to have the $5000 deduction this year if your income is up in order to offset it. There are other considerations but we don't have enough time and space on the screen to go over them lol! And also that's what the accountant gets paid for so let them worry about it!
Brent1

Postby micv on Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:12 pm

I just went to Toowong Mitsubishi in Brisbane to have a problem on my Triton checked out and while I was waiting I noticed they had just sold a brand new 2013 GLXR for under 34k drive away, which is $2000 less than what I paid for my second hand 2010 GLXR with 32k on the clock less than a year ago. I feel sick. Anyone else feeling this way?
micv

Postby pauld4459 on Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:29 pm

Hi all, new to this site and new to Tritons.

Just completed all the paperwork on the weekend for a glx dual cab in black. Just under the 33k mark with black colour, ARB deluxe bar, towbar and flush mount tonneau.

Was pretty happy with the test drive and glad I didn't sign up for the navara I was so close to getting. The triton was a much nicer Ute.

Now have to wait until Friday for delivery...

Will post on introduction page once I pick it up.
pauld4459

Postby Dollz on Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:48 pm

just put down a deposit on a 2013 Glx double cab manual for $29,990 minus my $8k trade in! couldn't resist the new car for only a couple of $$ more than a second hand! pretty excited to pick her up in a week!
Dollz

Postby DoubleD on Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:19 am

Yes Micv I'm hearing you!!

I wonder what the trade in on a 2011 Triton would be .............hmmmmmmmmmm
(with all my extras taken off) as I guess the new triton coming next year wouldn't fit all
the MN extras????

Ps: Nice work Dollz!!!!
DoubleD

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion