New MN Price paid?

Anything Triton related

Re: New MN Price paid?

Postby dbgalaxy5 on Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:34 pm

Spotty wrote:Sorry should have mentioned, it is a glx, glx r's were still in the 40000 category. not complaining though, it was still a bargain

D'oh. Sorry.. my fault. I noted you said GLX-R's were still in the $40K's, but I thought you were saying you snatched a $33K deal despite that :oops:
Insert witty remark > <
dbgalaxy5

Postby damn on Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:31 pm

Just ordered a white GLX double cab manual for $32k with:
towbar
roof racks
nudge bar
flush tonneau
bed liner
Side protection mouldings

I also had the option of a silver one with 120km on the clock that they had been using for test drives, for the same price.

FWIW I was also considering a Navara D22 with the same accessories for $31,680 (with ABN)
damn

Postby DoubleD on Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:11 am

Nice work Damn, how long till you pick it up?

Don't forget we all love Pics!!!!
DoubleD

Postby DoubleD on Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:18 am

My parents just picked up their white stock standard GLXR Auto from
Cessnock Mits, they headed up their as it was the best deal in the
Newcastle area, around $36990 I think.
DoubleD

Postby FlyerOne on Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:27 am

Bought yesterday from Alto Mitsubishi in Pennant Hills.
GLXR 5sp Auto with mats and a full tank of diesel $35,650
Pick up on Tuesday or Wednesday.
FlyerOne

Postby snowman on Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:38 am

we are to pick up our MN today. :D

our deal was $35,059 drive away with business rego (and the $59 was for black and white plates - which i had to swallow the additional $59 because we had 'shaken' on the deal before i wanted the B&W plates :roll: ). That is the way it goes - i accepted it. They were not throwing in $59 after they had an agreement.

The whole business rego deal was clearly part of the quoted deal.

So this morning i get a call to say they had 'accidentally' put the vehicle in my personal name during the quote and when they placed it in the company name during the rego process, the business 'greenslip' was about $230 odd bucks more.

All the finance has been paid on the $35,059 figure. My initial deposit of $1000 is to be refunded to me (as it wasn't part of the finance deal) and came from me personally on the day of the purchase.

So the sales rep says he want to take that additional money out of the deposit refund. :o :o :shock: :shock:

No let me tell you most people here think i am just a grumpy bastard. But i am not. I am fair and reasonable. I just tell it like it is sometimes. There is give and take in any deal. They played the 'no freebies' after the shake which i had to accept and i put money down as we had another price with another dealer that was slightly more than their price (in fact very similiar to the price it will be if i paid this extra cash). :roll:

I am not sure if it was the phone call 2 minutes after i had woken up, or maybe the lack of coffee, but i don't think the sales rep, Daniel, is in any doubt of my opinion on this one. :x :x

He had to speak to his boss of course. I said fine. Tell him to call me. :evil:
This car is like a bad drug habit. It is taking all my money and time, my family are concerned, but new mods just feel sooooooo good.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Brent1 on Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:40 am

I wouldn't worry too much about resale. I bought mine 1 year ago and am no doubt going to get less of a trade in down the track for it than a hilux etc but I also paid $10,000 less than the other brands so will end up no worse off in the long run, as I'm sure at worse case there may be $10,000 difference at trade in time in value. However I have had far less money tied up in mine meaning less interest and also have a better warranty. So we are all in front I believe.
Brent1

Postby snowman on Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:41 am

FlyerOne wrote:Bought yesterday from Alto Mitsubishi in Pennant Hills.

that is an amazing price.

is it 2013 build? Not a demo?

Nice buy especially in an auto.
This car is like a bad drug habit. It is taking all my money and time, my family are concerned, but new mods just feel sooooooo good.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Brent1 on Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:42 am

Good on you Snowman. That's their stuff up - not yours
Brent1

Postby FlyerOne on Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:50 am

snowman wrote:
FlyerOne wrote:Bought yesterday from Alto Mitsubishi in Pennant Hills.

that is an amazing price.

is it 2013 build? Not a demo?

Nice buy especially in an auto.

It's 2012 build, compliance Jan 2013.
It's brand new. Just MY12 not MY13.
FlyerOne

Postby DoubleD on Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:54 am

100% Snowman, you stood by the hand shake deal & coughed up the extra $59,
they can stand by their stuff up & fork out the extra $. It's not up to
you to double check their paperwork.

A lot of people would just accept it, I'm sure the boss is telling Daniel it will come out
of his commission if he can't persuad!
DoubleD

Postby snowman on Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:03 am

DDwr450f wrote:
A lot of people would just accept it, I'm sure the boss is telling Daniel it will come out
of his commission if he can't persuad!

i reckon that is exactly it. which i feel for him to be honest and i hope it does NOT come out of his commission. He was working his arse off on the day. He was so busy (we had to wait for other people with him and vice versa as well as phone calls he was taking (albeit asked if he could call them back) which was starting to piss me off as i was dropping 35k with him) and when he entered the data onto the computer he initially used my name.

The paperwork clearly indicates business rego.

when he realised his mistake the computer would not let him change the name easily. So he said "its OK i will get such and such to do that later". I said fair enough. He had cars to sell. :lol: :lol:

..................i am not expecting to hear from his boss. It will be interesting to see what happens when i pick up the car. :roll: :roll: :roll: why does something always just have to sour the taste of the sweet deal. :roll: :roll:
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby DoubleD on Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:13 am

I'm sure it not the first time he or his boss has had to cop a mistake made during
a sale, it's all up to if they can talk the buyer into coughing up for HIS mistake! Stand your
ground ( as I'm sure you will :lol: ) & enjoy that new car!!!

Good luck!
DoubleD

Postby chops133 on Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:40 pm

I just bought a 2011 GLXR Auto with tub liner soft Tonneau (clip on not bungy) tinted windows (very Dark) with 700k with still 4 yrs warranty for 31k
chops133

Postby dbgalaxy5 on Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:02 pm

chops133 wrote:I just bought a 2011 GLXR Auto with tub liner soft Tonneau (clip on not bungy) tinted windows (very Dark) with 700k with still 4 yrs warranty for 31k

700 000 ???

edit

Sorry..... being dumb. I realise you must mean 700 km
Insert witty remark > <
dbgalaxy5

Postby Cowboy Dave on Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:05 pm

2011? Old demo? Or typo?
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby brettpalmer on Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:02 pm

Brent1 wrote:I wouldn't worry too much about resale. I bought mine 1 year ago and am no doubt going to get less of a trade in down the track for it than a hilux etc but I also paid $10,000 less than the other brands so will end up no worse off in the long run, as I'm sure at worse case there may be $10,000 difference at trade in time in value. However I have had far less money tied up in mine meaning less interest and also have a better warranty. So we are all in front I believe.

I agree totally a mate of mine said why don't you get a lux for resale value and I am of the same opinion of you Brent1. Mind you he is driving a Navara.
brettpalmer

Postby FredSmith on Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:33 pm

Hi Everyone.

I purchased my GLX double cab for $34500 and I get $2000 cash back :D . It is the one with sidesteps, blue tooth, and side steps and I got the auto . A little bit more than the manual price wise, but BLOODY glad I did. Gettin to old (and lazy) to stick shift. Like the little luxuries these days. The auto also comes with internal carpet.
I could not be happier as it leaves me with 10 to 12 thousand bucks to put goodies ;) ;) on it over a, well whatever there is out there, as this is currently the best value on the market :D :D :D , and I have been researching for about 4 months.
As I said before I could not be happier, BUT I feel sorry :cry: :cry: for people who have purchased their vehicles prior to the SALE as it depreciates everything else on the market.

Cheers

Ian
FredSmith
Platinum Subscriber

Postby dbgalaxy5 on Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:05 am

FredSmith wrote:Hi Everyone.

I purchased my GLX double cab for $34500 and I get $2000 cash back

Ian,

May I ask, was that 4x4 or 4x2. And I assume the deal with alloys ?

I'm just curious because the (manual) 4x4 dual cab is $29990 on Mitsubishi's own site before any additional dealer incentive ($31,990 PLUS $2000 CASHBACK). How much does the Automatic transmission add?
Insert witty remark > <
dbgalaxy5

Postby snowman on Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:00 pm

just picked up the MN. :D :D They go good with no weight in them. :shock:

the issue of additional money for rego, well, was not an issue. I think they just tried it on. :roll:

Those of you in Sydney know it had fair dinkum rained almost two weeks non-stop. Got a break this morning so went to pick up with my chamois in hand.

Guess what, covered in rail dust :evil: :evil: :cry: (dealer called it fallout)........ i think i must have killed a Triton God in a previous life. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am pretty calm about the whole thing to be honest and with some great advice from 5th (thanks Chris) i basically told them how it was going to work. They agreed with me (it should be a warranty claim and not a dealer delivery issue).

Initially they would not let me write anything on the delivery docket i had to sign and the sales invoice. This was because they cannot deal with warranty issues, it has to be service. So i said OK i'll pick it up tomorrow and started walking out.........sales rep speaks with the sales manager and they insisted i take the car or they wont get their 2k cashback. (how glad i am it is going to them and not to me :shock: )

So they allowed me to write in the special conditions of sale that the rail dust (fallout) is to be repaired from all panels with no reduction in paint thickness.

Gotta take it back tomorrow. I will push for a respray.

The battle begins............... :roll: :roll: :roll: :evil:
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Cowboy Dave on Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:05 pm

geez you're taking it well. I'd be curled up in a corner sucking my thumb after the run you've had :o :shock: :oops:
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby snowman on Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:06 pm

Here is a tip for all new car buyers. Always pick up in good light.

if the car is wet - dry it.

Look closely at the paint. The spots are not big but there are thousands of them on the car. You do have to look close - a bit like you might read a newspaper close.

I reckon 8 out of 10 people would have driven mine off today...........thanks to the info i have picked up on this website over the years i was a little wiser.

I cannot imagine how Mitsubishi can deliver their cars with little or no protection. I guess they do the maths and decide if it costs 5 million to cover every car properly or wear 1 million in resprays a year they are 4 million in front.

We dont have a lot of paint thickness to play with so if i want to keep the car for 10 years like my current MK i dont want half of it worn away before i even get to drive it much.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby snowman on Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:11 pm

Cowboy Dave wrote:geez you're taking it well. I'd be curled up in a corner sucking my thumb after the run you've had :o :shock: :oops:

i am actually sitting here laughing to myself. Mainly because there are three tritons in my front yard.

Who's the glutton for punishment. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks to Chris's advice i said to the sales rep straight up "Daniel before you even open your mouth listen to me. Mate this isn't your fault, it is Mitsubishi's so lets work together eh".

I was actually smiling while i said it. He looked at me quizzically and probably thought to himself "this guy is laughing - he might be psychopathic" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have had some recent illnesses in my family and some with friends. Yes this is a pain and even a good result will see me with out it for weeks. but at the end of the day it is just a car. :roll: :roll:

Game of chicken anyone. I'm up for it. Bwahahahahahahahahahah :lol: :lol: :lol:
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby dbgalaxy5 on Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:49 pm

snowman wrote:
Guess what, covered in rail dust

Snowman.

Forgive my ignorance (put it down to my being a pom).. but what exactly is "rail dust".

I ask as I have just finished giving my week old Triton a seal and wax, and during the process noticed numerous specks and nicks, A couple of slumps in the paint, a very slight dent in the tray side, rust stains (for want of a better term) around the tailgate hinges and tailgate handle housing, and a few other paint flaws.

Other than the dent, slump, and stains the majority of these flaws are very small such that a casual observer wouldnt notice. However if I were to point to any of them, they are visible (you wouldnt be saying.. "what.. I cant see anything").

I had already noted a tailgate scuff, and front bumper scratch on the sheet when I picked up the car. But now I am unsure whether or not to raise these other issues.

There is argument (despite only covering a few hundred K's) that some of the marks are post delivery stone chips (though not all the flaws are of this nature). But even then one would have to question the durability of the paintwork if this can happen so quickly.

I am of half a mind that this is probably a fairly standard level of finish on these vehicles if one were to study any example very close, and of course I wouldnt expect Aston Martin levels of finish... but I am unsure if I should raise these problems. As you intimated, depending upon how some of these problems were resolved I could end up with even less paint than I have now!!

Sorry.. that was a bit lengthy, but would welcome opinions based on others experiences.

Edit:

PS. Please let me know if I should start a new thread or something, I just mention it here based upon Snowman's recent experiences.
Insert witty remark > <
dbgalaxy5

Postby Chill on Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:41 pm

snowman wrote:just picked up the MN. :D :D They go good with no weight in them. :shock:

the issue of additional money for rego, well, was not an issue. I think they just tried it on. :roll:

Those of you in Sydney know it had fair dinkum rained almost two weeks non-stop. Got a break this morning so went to pick up with my chamois in hand.

Guess what, covered in rail dust :evil: :evil: :cry: (dealer called it fallout)........ i think i must have killed a Triton God in a previous life. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am pretty calm about the whole thing to be honest and with some great advice from 5th (thanks Chris) i basically told them how it was going to work. They agreed with me (it should be a warranty claim and not a dealer delivery issue).

Initially they would not let me write anything on the delivery docket i had to sign and the sales invoice. This was because they cannot deal with warranty issues, it has to be service. So i said OK i'll pick it up tomorrow and started walking out.........sales rep speaks with the sales manager and they insisted i take the car or they wont get their 2k cashback. (how glad i am it is going to them and not to me :shock: )

So they allowed me to write in the special conditions of sale that the rail dust (fallout) is to be repaired from all panels with no reduction in paint thickness.

Gotta take it back tomorrow. I will push for a respray.

The battle begins............... :roll: :roll: :roll: :evil:

I just picked up my new Pajero on Friday and had paint damage all over it. Seen it on Saturday morning so took it back to dealer and told them no cut and polish and no respray. I want a new car. Aren't I dreaming. Will see what happens tomorrow :(

Good luck with yours snowman
Chill

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion