Overheating

Anything Triton related

Re: Overheating

Postby Matt C on Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:22 pm

So had the new rad last week and everything seems to be ok needle not moving at all, not really sure what I’m going to do at this stage after reading about this mn problem? Still worried the problem will come back after reading some earlier post
Matt C

Postby Crash486 on Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:44 pm

Matt C wrote:So had the new rad last week and everything seems to be ok needle not moving at all, not really sure what I’m going to do at this stage after reading about this mn problem? Still worried the problem will come back after reading some earlier post
Yeah I know how you feel. My temperature sender failed so the temp gauge went into the red. Freaked me out. Replaced it and no issues but couldn't stop the worry so eventually sold it.

crash486
Crash486

Postby kwikfab on Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:32 am

Can be the same with any car, watch it for a while then you will trust it again
kwikfab

Postby m sciffer on Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:37 pm

hi there
after the recall on my mn 2013 model manual, I noticed the temp was going up to 100 plus towing my boat and caravan up hill.and when driving on the freeway not towing ,the temps were 94 to 96, I fitted a bigger rad that also comes with a auto tran cooler built in and no change to the temp . I than change the the thermostat to a triton one and cut the shroud around the rad but left the top of it on to protect hands from hitting the blades , this than changed my temps to 82 to 86 max even when towing, and I was happy with that . with the rad the one that comes with the car is the best choice and I was also told buy natrad ,the bigger rad now sits in the shed , saves me buying one down the track,I was thinking that my car had the engine problem the car is 5 years old and has been a good car and has 50000 on the clock and most of this is towing my boat and van I also have a suzuki jimny for a runabout and off roading with two other tritons and it can tow tritons out of bogs.
m sciffer

Postby kwikfab on Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:23 pm

It’s my understanding ( however limited) that it’s a fault in the casting of the block so that may cool it but only as a bandaid ?
kwikfab

Previous

Return to General Discussion