Exhaust Thoughts?

Anything Triton related

Re: Exhaust Thoughts?

Postby Airved on Sun May 10, 2015 4:30 pm

So I received my replacement dump pipe from DEA (last one cracked at first weld on dump pipe), only to find the bracket to the gearbox is too far out of alignment to be bolted up properly (again). I tried bashing it with a hammer to bend it closer, but when I finally got it to fit, the right-hand bolt on the dump pipe couldn't be tightened and left a gap between dump pipe and turbo. I'm going to leave it hanging like the last one for now so there's no gaps anywhere. I'm no expert, but it seemed like the pipe itself isn't on the right angle for the bracket to meet up with the mounting points. Am I not bolting up in the right order or something? Is there some trick to it? I spent a good portion of my Saturday just trying to get it all to line up.

I'll email them tomorrow about it and will advise I'm not the only one to find the bracket didn't line up.
Airved

Postby mattz on Sun May 10, 2015 4:40 pm

When I did mine I loosely bolted everything up starting at the front and working my way back. Then tightened everything up starting at the front and working my way towards the back again.
No dramas except having to give that bracket a tap with a hammer to align it.
THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A MAN AND A BOY IS
THE PRICE OF HIS TOYS
mattz

Postby Stoneman on Mon May 11, 2015 4:25 pm

Airved wrote:So I received my replacement dump pipe from DEA (last one cracked at first weld on dump pipe), only to find the bracket to the gearbox is too far out of alignment to be bolted up properly (again). I tried bashing it with a hammer to bend it closer, but when I finally got it to fit, the right-hand bolt on the dump pipe couldn't be tightened and left a gap between dump pipe and turbo. I'm going to leave it hanging like the last one for now so there's no gaps anywhere. I'm no expert, but it seemed like the pipe itself isn't on the right angle for the bracket to meet up with the mounting points. Am I not bolting up in the right order or something? Is there some trick to it? I spent a good portion of my Saturday just trying to get it all to line up.

I'll email them tomorrow about it and will advise I'm not the only one to find the bracket didn't line up.

It's not a pacemaker exhaust by any chance?
Stoneman

Postby emjayar on Sat May 16, 2015 11:35 am

I am currently trying to remove the dump pipe from an ML 3.2L and I just can't fit it out up or down?

I have no idea how it would fit in either direction.

I have the dump pip and a short extension pipe to go and it just won't fit! I need some help! If anybody is in canberra I'd appreciate some help.

I'm pretty gutted.
http://www.lifesbumpyroads.com | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube
Driving the conversation on depression and suicide awareness and intervention for Lifeline and beyondblue
'07 ML GLXR 3.2L as seen in Australian 4WD Action issue 238
emjayar

Postby mattz on Sat May 16, 2015 1:05 pm

Have you removed the heat shield?
Mine came out from the top......you'll have to pull it up and give it a twist.
Easier if the EGR pipe is removed too.
THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A MAN AND A BOY IS
THE PRICE OF HIS TOYS
mattz

Postby emjayar on Sun May 17, 2015 11:03 am

Yeah, eventually I got it out with much cussing and carrying on. I detached the entire EGR Cooling unit and moved that to the side while I removed and installed the new system.

After a marathon effort of about 14 hours all up it is all done.
http://www.lifesbumpyroads.com | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube
Driving the conversation on depression and suicide awareness and intervention for Lifeline and beyondblue
'07 ML GLXR 3.2L as seen in Australian 4WD Action issue 238
emjayar

Postby kouta666 on Sun May 17, 2015 2:55 pm

I need advice. I've been running without the muffler for a few weeks and love it. Sound mainly but it does feel a little livelier. Main problem is the exhaust fumes when idling.

So I'm about to purchase an eBay eliminator. Specifically this one
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MITSUBISHI-T ... 1745110502?

So I can either get it as a kick down or as is and cut my original tail section and clamp together.
Just after the pro's and con's for either way. I'm guessing its just to get the exhaust fumes further back?

Also they don't say the size of the eliminator pipe. I'm assuming it must be slightly bigger or smaller to allow the clamping? Any recommendations?
kouta666

Exhaust Thoughts?

Postby biggibbo on Sun May 17, 2015 7:57 pm

Same as mine except I got what was pictured. No need to cut or clamp. Undo the flange pre muffler, remove muffler, ( you have already done this) transfer the rubber hangers from OEM muffler to delete pipe, bolt together. Pipe exits same spot as original muffler. Just make sure is cold when u fit
biggibbo

Postby kouta666 on Sun May 17, 2015 8:02 pm

Thanks mate, however this eliminator is shorter than the original muffler. I've already removed mine but wasn't sure whether to get this one with it kicked down (so it stops around the rear axle), or if I should clamp it to the tail of my original (requiring cutting).

Or I could get this one and keep my original as is. Was just trying to save a few $$
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MITSUBISHI-T ... 1889703515?
kouta666

Postby biggibbo on Sun May 17, 2015 8:29 pm

Yeh, looking at the ads, I have the one in the second post. I went this way, so I can rebolt the original back on if I get pinged by the cops. No welding or cutting required.
biggibbo

Postby Tritonsam on Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:04 am

Finally after my car being in the smash repair shop(long story) i got it back tuesday and was able to fit my DEA exhaust 3' turbo back with no muffler absolutely love it! sounds great and isn't to loud when just driving around!
Tritonsam

Postby djoverdose on Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:21 am

Had a 3" exhaust installed in my 2.5L strada/triton. First i was using a 2.5" pipe then later on replaced it with a 3". But my dump pipe is still at 2.5" then from the exhaust it gets bigger to 3".

Whats the difference between a 2.5" and a 3".? With a 2.5" exhaust, the engine feels more lively in the low to mid rpm band or at half press pedal. Engine is more lively.

With a 3" exhaust. You loss a bit of the low band for just a tad bit but really shines in the mid to top end. Specially once your running around 70kph above. Once you depress the pedal you would feel the grunt of the engine.

The feel is really noticeable but not that much. Though i would not go back to a 2.5" simply because i like how the 3" pipe runs even f its just a marginal increase. Even in the diesel consumption. You lose like an average of .5-.8 of a liter. I guess a good compromise would be a 2.75" pipe.
djoverdose

Postby docta.phipps on Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:40 pm

Has anyone got one of these installed? I'm interested and the price seems good, any thoughts?

X-Force 3"

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/301768505949 ... EBIDX%3AIT
docta.phipps

Postby MilkmanDan on Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:28 am

I've got 3" xforce from dump to rear, no cat with muffler. Over 12mth old now and no problens
MilkmanDan

Postby docta.phipps on Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:41 am

MilkmanDan wrote:I've got 3" xforce from dump to rear, no cat with muffler. Over 12mth old now and no problens

Is there much droning at 110kph do you know?
docta.phipps

Postby MilkmanDan on Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:53 am

Nope surprisingly, I don't know what the drone is that others describe. Tritons are on par with Massey Ferguson for noise, you don't really hear the exhaust unless you get stuck into the right pedal on freeway.

Though the gears definitely hear it, pretty noisy outside of the car but windows up or down its by no means offensive.
MilkmanDan

Postby docta.phipps on Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:49 pm

MilkmanDan wrote:Nope surprisingly, I don't know what the drone is that others describe. Tritons are on par with Massey Ferguson for noise, you don't really hear the exhaust unless you get stuck into the right pedal on freeway.

Though the gears definitely hear it, pretty noisy outside of the car but windows up or down its by no means offensive.

Awesome mate. Thanks for the info.
docta.phipps

Postby Maxiy on Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:39 pm

Hi All

Probably a very novice question, but just wondering what benefits a muffler delete gives you ?
i gather it is mainly for the noise, and have red maybe a slight increase in power/fuel econ.

Anyway i have been playing with the idea, and to be honest i am only interested in the idea for the noise increase :lol:

cheers
Maxiy

Postby moses on Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:43 pm

Noise only.
moses
Platinum Subscriber

Postby leonbee on Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:38 pm

Just put a chrome ender on my exhaust. Looks totally sick... :D
leonbee

Postby godzilla_rising on Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:45 pm

Hey guys, just a quick question...

What are the main differences, pros and cons between the stainless exhausts and the aluminised steel exhausts that are available?
Godzilla Rising

"Kate's Dirty Sister" click here
2007 3.2 DiD GLX-R

There are two kinds of people in this world, those that can extrapolate from incomplete data.
godzilla_rising

Postby BillMcQuade on Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:54 pm

godzilla_rising wrote:Hey guys, just a quick question...

What are the main differences, pros and cons between the stainless exhausts and the aluminised steel exhausts that are available?

Stainless lasts forever, has a slightly different sound, and costs more. IMHO, if you are going to keep the car for a fair while, stainless is worth the money. I have had a cars where I have had to put 2 replacement systems on, which ended up costing more than the stainless.
White 2013 MN GLX+ manual

"Tuned by Doctor Diesel"
BillMcQuade
Platinum Subscriber

Postby AussieAnth on Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:54 pm

I have a DEA exhaust 3" with cat & muffler on my MN. Great turbo whistle and doesnt drone.

Was toying with the idea of doing their muffler delete, and wondering if anyone with the same system, and has transitioned from Muffler to no muffler?

Any comments on general noise - good/bad/awesome/sounds like tractor?

Any issues with drone at any speeds, especially in 5th at 100-110kph?
MY13 GLX Plus pack dual cab Triton.

My MN & ML Triton WORKSHOP MANUAL page on DropBox. Take a look.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mmyqr05gb8c8hgv/eKE4W216Dj

FORUM DIRECTORY
http://www.newtriton.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8230
AussieAnth
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Jacobie on Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:02 pm

AussieAnth wrote:I have a DEA exhaust 3" with cat & muffler on my MN. Great turbo whistle and doesnt drone.

Was toying with the idea of doing their muffler delete, and wondering if anyone with the same system, and has transitioned from Muffler to no muffler?

Any comments on general noise - good/bad/awesome/sounds like tractor?

Any issues with drone at any speeds, especially in 5th at 100-110kph?

Hey mate got a vid by any chance? I'm looking into their 3" kit. Can't help with their delete kit, I just got my muffler cut off and replaced with 3" pipe, has a cool dose/ blow off sound when I change gear but doesn't sound much different driving and no drone (if that helps) :lol:
2013 MN GLX-R

Build Thread: Jacobie's 2013 MN GLX-R
Jacobie

Postby headake on Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:00 pm

just put a playtime auto 3in system on

has cat and no muffler

it's got a great sound not lots of sound and no drown

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk
I MAKE KIDS CRY
headake

PreviousNext