THE canopy thread - see them all here

Anything Triton related

Re: THE canopy thread - see them all here

Postby NowForThe5th on Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:47 am

It seems that there are only 6 mentions of Aeroklas, 4 of which relate to their canopies, here. You could also try searching members sheds, which can be more efficiently done through Google.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby BIG HOSS on Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:19 pm

Mine looks nothing like your 4wd guys here is the link to mine where I brought it.

http://www.johnhughes.com.au/new-cars/v ... SJBC6bCanO
BIG HOSS

Postby NowForThe5th on Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:31 pm

BIG HOSS wrote:Mine looks nothing like your 4wd guys

Meh. Some jungle flares on the front, bar, lights and a set of wheels with muddies (for those wet driveways :P ) and no-one will know the difference. :D

Sometimes we forget that that's where the Triton came from. ;)
Chris

NowForThe5th

Postby alastairlee39 on Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:08 pm

Hi guys, was just wondering if anyone could give me some internal dimensions of an arb canopy for an mn, I mainly need internal length (from front of canopy to rear door) and the internal width. Cheers
alastairlee39

Postby Cowboy Dave on Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:27 pm

At the base the dimensions will be a close match for the dimensions of the tub itself, obviously. But it tapers in at the sides and the rear. It's mostly vertical at the front but the window frame is sort of recessed and there's a curve to it. So there's really no one measurement that's going to do it for you I wouldn't have thought unless there's something in particular you're trying to work out?
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby alastairlee39 on Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:12 pm

Thanks cowboy Dave,
Just trying to work out sizes as I am planning on using it to transport my go kart from tassie to Melbourne for a few races, and the kart as it seems is just a little too big to fit in the tub, so was hoping that it might fit in the canopy as the canopy length is larger than the tub length , if that makes sense haha
alastairlee39

Postby Cowboy Dave on Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:17 pm

Your problem will be the taper - the rear window slopes inwards as do the sides.

Cowboy Dave

Postby mirkoculic on Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:59 am

Hi all,

In regards to canopies. Does anybody have any info on the tjm ones. They are asking 2200 with installation. Are they reliable and are there any issues with them.

Thanks.

Mick
mirkoculic

Postby Airved on Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:41 pm

mirkoculic wrote:Hi all,

In regards to canopies. Does anybody have any info on the tjm ones. They are asking 2200 with installation. Are they reliable and are there any issues with them.

Thanks.

Mick

TJM in ACT quoted me $2400 (inc. fitting) over the phone for one of their canopies, then $2500 when I went in and asked about it (must have looked like a sucker). I had read quite a few negative reviews on them from a few years back, so I asked TJM if they had recently changed manufacturers and was told they haven't changed in a decade, which made my mind up for me. From what I gathered, they are trying to get rid of the last batch of TJM canopies to push 3XM, Aeroklas etc. Despite being told they are "really popular", I haven't been able to find anyone with one to ask their opinion.

I ended up ordering an EGR canopy from Auburn Canopies for $2500 inc. fitting. They offered to ship it to me for $285 less, but I know if I fitted it, it would leak just to sht me :?
Airved

Postby mirkoculic on Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:04 pm

Nice decision made, no TJM a, I was also looking at aeroklas and carryboy. I like the look of the EGR and am getting a quote in Melb for one, have you fitted the EGR on yet and if so how is it performing at the moment.

Thanks

Mick.
mirkoculic

Postby Airved on Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:25 pm

Nah haven't got the canopy yet. Will be getting it put on next month when I get some time to head up there. For the money, EGR have a pretty good rap as far as quality. They also put retail prices on their site, so check them against your quote. The place I got mine are currently $400 off retail for both EGR models and will ship it to you for free if you pick it up from a freight depot. Worth a look if you're going to fit it yourself.
Last edited by Airved on Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Airved

Postby Robby on Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:55 am

mirkoculic wrote:Hi all,

Thanks.

Mick

Hi Mick
I have the TJM canopy cost was $2300 installed, I have had no dramas at all and very happy with mine. These canopies are made in New Zealand when TJM swapped manufacturer not long ago. The white is colour coded to match the triton and roof racks can be fitted after the canopy is installed.

Cheers Robby
Robby
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Airved on Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:47 am

Robby wrote:I have the TJM canopy cost was $2300 installed, I have had no dramas at all and very happy with mine. These canopies are made in New Zealand when TJM swapped manufacturer not long ago. The white is colour coded to match the triton and roof racks can be fitted after the canopy is installed.

Cheers Robby

Looks like TJM salespeople aren't all on the same page then - I was told they haven't changed manufacturer in a long time. I guess they could be an option so long as they've fixed their quality control issues. Personally, I didn't like their service so I took my money elsewhere.

Have you got any photos of your canopy you can put up since you're the only bloke I've found with a TJM Triton canopy?
Airved

Postby Robby on Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:13 pm

Airved wrote:
Robby wrote:I have the TJM canopy cost was $2300 installed, I have had no dramas at all and very happy with mine. These canopies are made in New Zealand when TJM swapped manufacturer not long ago. The white is colour coded to match the triton and roof racks can be fitted after the canopy is installed.

Cheers Robby

Looks like TJM salespeople aren't all on the same page then - I was told they haven't changed manufacturer in a long time. I guess they could be an option so long as they've fixed their quality control issues. Personally, I didn't like their service so I took my money elsewhere.

Have you got any photos of your canopy you can put up since you're the only bloke I've found with a TJM Triton canopy?

There is one pic on page 47 of this thread but I can post more if required
Cheers Robby
Robby
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Cowboy Dave on Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:52 pm

Robby wrote:There is one pic on page 47 of this thread but I can post more if required
Cheers Robby

Click to view larger picture

Images copied forward for convenience.

Cowboy Dave

Postby Airved on Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:33 pm

Ah, my bad. I searched this thread for TJM, but the search function doesn't like the 3 letter searches. Thanks guys.
Airved

Postby Robby on Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:35 am

Cheers Dave I have since learned how to post pics the correct size :D

Cheers Robby
Robby
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Cowboy Dave on Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:58 am

I wouldn't worry too much about the correct size mate, if people can't be bothered using an extra click or two to get the full image then I'm not too worried about making it any easier for them.

Cowboy Dave

Postby MN GLXR on Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:54 pm

I am keen to see how the EGR canopies go and how Auburn Canopies go. I have been eyeing them off for a while.
MN GLXR

Postby aj1249 on Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:57 pm

I see alot of the new canopies have a rear demister fitted, does anybody have one and is it useful as I would assume the front window wouldnt have a demister fitted??
aj1249

Postby mudslinger on Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:09 pm

Got premium EGR last year from Auburn canopies.. great service they really know their stuff. Great canopy, its rated to 80kg (dynamic:ie moving) with no internal supports, (arb is not rated unless it has a support which takes it to 100kg) EGR with internal supporttakes it to 150kg. I was told EGRs have thicker shell.

was advised to get std white not colour coded white, and it matches car colour perfectly.

Auburn canopies have special on at moment for HD roof rack kit(rails,racks etc + free delivery) For$375.

Couldn't resist at that price so got myself one.. :D
mudslinger

Postby Cowboy Dave on Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:18 pm

aj1249 wrote:I see alot of the new canopies have a rear demister fitted, does anybody have one and is it useful as I would assume the front window wouldnt have a demister fitted??

I don't have one. I can't say I've ever noticed my canopy window was fogged up. Not that I can see that far on mine anyway.

Cowboy Dave

Postby mudslinger on Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:44 pm

Same here, never really been fogged up either.
mudslinger

Postby Joel on Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:58 pm

Guess it depends on where you live. Im in canberra and would love to have one on mine with the morning frosts starting already.
I only drink on days starting with T... Today and Tomorrow
Joel

Postby NowForThe5th on Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:45 pm

Even in Canberra, the only time mine ever fogged up was after the tub had been hosed out. Once dry it was never a problem.
Chris

NowForThe5th

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion