Can't find it? Ask here FIRST, before you start a new thread

Anything Triton related

Re: Ask here FIRST, before you start a new thread

Postby NowForThe5th on Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:41 pm

Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

BT ANSWER BUTTONS ON Aftermarket radio

Postby nuttinn0rton on Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:50 pm

Hey guys im installing an aftermarket radio that works with steering wheel control and has bt however im unsure if the asnwer and call buttons will work with an aftermarket radio

Cheers guus
nuttinn0rton

Re: BT ANSWER BUTTONS ON Aftermarket radio

Postby MilkmanDan on Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:40 pm

If you can wire in the speaker for the bt to an auxiliary input on the Hu than yes will work however once you install a new Hu you lose factory bt
MilkmanDan

Postby Bilbo on Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:38 pm

Hi Guys,

I had a bit of search around and can't find an answer to this question.

Can I tap into fuse 25 (ML Triton, Radio), disconnect it from the main power supply and pick up power from my aux battery.

The reason for doing this is the fear of draining the main starter battery whilst listening to the radio for the day whilst the car is stationary. I understand the red ark dual battery system protects the voltage on the starter battery, therefore if I wire my radio to my aux battery then I shouldn't have an issue starting at the end of the day.

I hope this makes sense? Looking forward to your suggestions and advice.

Cheers Brett.
" W R O N G "
Bilbo

Re: BT ANSWER BUTTONS ON Aftermarket radio

Postby NowForThe5th on Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:06 pm

Have a look through the Dig Options thread. The factory steering wheel controls can be made to work with aftermarket radios.
Chris

NowForThe5th

Postby Cowboy Dave on Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:24 pm

Bilbo wrote:Hi Guys,

Can I tap into fuse 25 (ML Triton, Radio), disconnect it from the main power supply and pick up power from my aux battery.

The reason for doing this is the fear of draining the main starter battery whilst listening to the radio for the day whilst the car is stationary. I understand the red ark dual battery system protects the voltage on the starter battery, therefore if I wire my radio to my aux battery then I shouldn't have an issue starting at the end of the day.

Cheers Brett.

If it was me, rather than fiddling with the standard harness near the fuse box I'd be going much closer to the headunit and cutting in the new power supply there somewhere. Make sure you fuse your new cable run. Fiddling around at the back of the fuse box is just asking for trouble I reckon. Keep in mind that many head units get two power sources. One to supply power and one to tell it the ignition is on otherwise it won't run. So if you want it to run regardless of the ignition state you're going to have to tap into both of them. Might be worth whacking in an on/off switch somewhere while you're at it.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby Bilbo on Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:05 pm

Cowboy Dave wrote:
Bilbo wrote:Hi Guys,

Cheers Brett.

If it was me, rather than fiddling with the standard harness near the fuse box I'd be going much closer to the headunit and cutting in the new power supply there somewhere. Make sure you fuse your new cable run. Fiddling around at the back of the fuse box is just asking for trouble I reckon. Keep in mind that many head units get two power sources. One to supply power and one to tell it the ignition is on otherwise it won't run. So if you want it to run regardless of the ignition state you're going to have to tap into both of them. Might be worth whacking in an on/off switch somewhere while you're at it.

Thanks, I'll have a look closer to the stereo.
" W R O N G "
Bilbo

Postby bstarmotorsport on Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:06 pm

Hi guys , just had a set of cv boots replaced after 110k with 2.5" lift in the front . My ex mitsibushi mechanic supplied and fitted the berson kit "GS-P" brand and after not even 2000k's they have torn like no tomorrow !!!
Phoned the local Stealer today and they want $125 per inner and per outer cv boot! That's $500 just for the boots - is this a rip off or what , the GS-P ones were only $26 p/kit (these do seam like a harder compound rubber which is why I think they failed so quickly). Any help is greatly appreciated .
RULES ARE MEANT TO BE BROKEN !!!! AND TRUCKS ARE MEANT TO BE LIFTED
bstarmotorsport

Postby Joe on Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:30 am

Seems a bit much when you can get a complete Bursons CV for not much more. I bought CV boots for my Paj from Repco for a reasonable price (cant't remember how much :oops: ) and they have lasted for over 12 months so far.
Dad
----
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
Joe

Postby bstarmotorsport on Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:12 am

Joe wrote:Seems a bit much when you can get a complete Bursons CV for not much more. I bought CV boots for my Paj from Repco for a reasonable price (cant't remember how much :oops: ) and they have lasted for over 12 months so far.

Thanks joe il look into that today most appreciated . Not in need of the actual cv shaft as the original is a much better quality than the gsp one (they are actually quite weak) . Just need a quality boot that will take the angle of the cvs for a lot longer than 2000k's :o
RULES ARE MEANT TO BE BROKEN !!!! AND TRUCKS ARE MEANT TO BE LIFTED
bstarmotorsport

Postby Rode on Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:53 am

Anyone have any problems with power from cigarette plugs- we are on a long trip & trying to run DVD's for kids, nav man etc and find that whatever we plug in is very fiddly- you have to pull it out a bit, twist etc before you get power & then it easily loses power again. Anyone else have this problem? Solution? Problem with both dash plug and centre console.
Cheers
Rode
Rode

Postby NowForThe5th on Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:47 am

Common problem. You can get better quality marine grade ones or go to the Merit style which are better, but still aren't perfect.
Chris

NowForThe5th

Postby triton_guru on Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:11 am

Having problem with my parrot Bluetooth the standard one in the ml triton, when i get a call its heavily distorted any ideas?
triton_guru

Postby NowForThe5th on Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:01 am

Yes, the Parrot was aptly named. A few mentions of the problem in threads on the first few pages here.
Chris

NowForThe5th

Postby triton_guru on Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:42 am

Cheers mate but also have another question, has anyone found a way of activating the factory rear diff lock without being in 4wd
triton_guru

Postby fridgie on Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:45 am

Yes, 2wd low range mod for easy select (most info is in platinum lounge) not sure for super select models though.
I'm not so good with the advice :oops: ... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment??? :twisted:

FORUM DIRECTORY - Click here

SEARCH TUTORIAL - Click here

MY TRITON - SEE IT HERE
fridgie

Postby triton_guru on Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:38 pm

Yh but not in low range, maybe there's a way of connecting to the air compressor and activating it manually
triton_guru

Postby Cowboy Dave on Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:59 pm

There probably is. By default it would be set to check that you're in 4wd and stuff like that before it would trigger. But like anything electronic there will be a way to hijack it. The benefit of looking at the two threads Fridgie is talking about is that they have wiring diagrams for the 4wd ECU and other related stuff which might help you work out how to do it.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby ag9111 on Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:31 pm

Use a DPDT switch. Use one normally open contact to apply power directly to the compressor and use the other set of contacts in normally closed to open the feedback circuit back to the ECU.
If you don't open the feedback the ECU starts flashing dash lights. very annoying and it disables the ASTC

If you don't know what that means then I suggest you are not the person to be playing with ECU wiring. You may blow the ECU by doing the wrong thing. Take it to an auto elect.

Diff lock can be used in 2wd, 4wd Hi & Lo

The advantage of this mod is the TC still continues to work when locked.
Last edited by ag9111 on Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I love cats, but I couldn't eat a full one!

Mud is like unprotected sex
30 secs of fun for a lifetime of grief
ag9111
Platinum Subscriber

Postby triton_guru on Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:34 pm

Yh I did check that diagram out but in thinking it might be easier to completely remove the wires from the compressor and run them as if it was a aftermarket locker and use the factory diff lock button, ill see what i can come up with and report back
triton_guru

Postby ag9111 on Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:36 pm

Factory diff lock button is momentary not latched
I love cats, but I couldn't eat a full one!

Mud is like unprotected sex
30 secs of fun for a lifetime of grief
ag9111
Platinum Subscriber

Postby NowForThe5th on Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:53 pm

Fellas, just a reminder...

If there is an existing thread that is related then post in that thread.

If there is no thread, or you've searched and can't find it then post up here, detailing where you've looked..

The purpose of this thread is to help you find stuff so that you can answer your questions, yourself.
Chris

NowForThe5th

Postby Froggy on Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:02 am

sloppyjoe24 wrote:Ok uv looked in the double din install thread but can't find what I'm after..
I'm going to install a kenwood unit soon, I've taken the facia off my 08 ml triton and it has a black box on the metal bracket the trip computer is fixed to. Obviously the trip computer wiring is going to be left disconnected but does the wiring to the black box need to be connected? It didn't look like it went to the trip computer that I could see...

A pic would be good Joe. I remember seeing that box as well but I can't remember what I worked out it did!
Froggy

Postby mitzikatzi on Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:02 pm

Does a website exist that if you typed the VIN in you could get part numbers?
mitzikatzi

Postby Darly310 on Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:18 pm

Hi guys just bought 2014 GLX Auto in Black, love it but not loving how quickly im going though diesel. Is this normal?? Thanks for this group I am a former owner of a Prado is still getting used to 75lts tanks. Hahaha. Can someone steer me in right direction for a bullbar. Cheers guys.
Darly310

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion