Can't find it? Ask here FIRST, before you start a new thread

Anything Triton related

Re: Ask here FIRST, before you start a new thread

Postby variflex on Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:46 pm

lgd wrote:Got no hits when searched - so here goes.
How do you tighten the nuts for spotlights fitted to standard nudge bar.
Is there a 'special' tool - cant seem to get a spanner anywhere near the nut. :?

I use a crows foot/C spanner on a socket extension
variflex

Postby NowForThe5th on Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:50 pm

Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby Cowboy Dave on Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:57 pm

I had a really short open ender. Still have it if you're nearby. Definitely one of those head scratching moments the first time though.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby markhood01 on Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:18 pm

First time poster.

Just had a pre purchase inspection done on a 2WD ML Dual Cab. The report came back saying that there was a "knock through steering on small bumps". I see one thread saying they're getting a knock out of control arm bushings, but I thought they're issue was due to turning hard lock. This sounds like it's happening in a straight line... anyone had similar? Is it likely to be the same control arm bushings?

Or something else?

How expensive are these bushings to replace?

Thanks for your help.
Mark
markhood01

Postby dan.batto on Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:12 pm

Sounds like the steering column problem. Its fixed with a resin poured down the steering column. Not sure on cost of fix as most have had it done under warranty.
dan.batto

Postby lukey10 on Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:13 am

Is there a thread for disassembling the dash and centre console?

Just can't work out how to get that damn hood off around the head unit. And too scared about scratching the interior being too aggressive so I thought I'd ask.
Thanks
lukey10

Postby Cowboy Dave on Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:36 am

http://www.newtriton.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11660

If you mean the hood up the top it comes off with a pull straight backwards. It goes easier if you can lever some of the sides loose first.

Cowboy Dave

Postby lukey10 on Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:03 am

Legend
lukey10

Postby alian on Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:47 pm

Not sure if I should have stated a new thread but thought I would start here, I have already done some searching but we are looking at buying a Australian Off Road Quantum max weight loaded @ 2400kg. I would love to know if there is any out there doing this with their 2.5MN Triton?? If it wont do it we will probably sell the sedan and end up buying a Pajero.

Cheers Ian
If it was easy, everybody would be doing it. Build Thread viewtopic.php?f=51&t=16661
alian
Platinum Subscriber

Postby TheSaint on Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:52 pm

Anyone running a garmin or hema gps with a reverse camera plugged in?
What reverse camera are you running?
TheSaint

Postby lukey10 on Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:57 pm

Been searching through the forum trying to find a head unit plug wiring diagram to suit a 2014 glx, for wiring in a auxiliary cable. Cannot for the life of me find a diagram that matches the head unit. A point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
lukey10

Postby Cowboy Dave on Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:53 pm

Try here: http://mmc-autoelectric.org.ua/manuals/eur/l200/2013/index_M1.htm

or here: http://faq.out-club.ru/download/l200_2006/maintenance/Service_Manual_2009_2013/2013/index_M1.htm

No guarantees they'll be a perfect match but you will see bottom left of the menu there is an entry for both with circuit diagrams.

If you need extra information it would be good to know which head unit you have (phone photo the easiest way there) and what you want the auxiliary cable to achieve? I'm guessing audio in but I don't have the same head unit or model so it's hard to know (mine comes with composite input plugs in the centre console box behind the handbrake for example).

Cowboy Dave

Postby schlarpa on Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:49 pm

Not sure if I should have stated a new thread but thought I would start here, I have already done some searching but we are looking at buying a Australian Off Road Quantum max weight loaded @ 2400kg. I would love to know if there is any out there doing this with their 2.5MN Triton?? If it wont do it we will probably sell the sedan and end up buying a Pajero

Hi Alian, A mate of mine from Dubbo bought an AOC Quantum, magnificent bit of gear, but he reckoned the prodigious ball weight of over 250kg's was on the limit for his Prado so he moved up to a new Landcruiser. Prado handled it OK but he thought eventually it was going to end in pain. Have you looked at the Bolwell Edge?
schlarpa
Platinum Subscriber

Postby alian on Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:15 pm

schlarpa wrote:Not sure if I should have stated a new thread but thought I would start here, I have already done some searching but we are looking at buying a Australian Off Road Quantum max weight loaded @ 2400kg. I would love to know if there is any out there doing this with their 2.5MN Triton?? If it wont do it we will probably sell the sedan and end up buying a Pajero

Hi Alian, A mate of mine from Dubbo bought an AOC Quantum, magnificent bit of gear, but he reckoned the prodigious ball weight of over 250kg's was on the limit for his Prado so he moved up to a new Landcruiser. Prado handled it OK but he thought eventually it was going to end in pain. Have you looked at the Bolwell Edge?

Yes the Prado's are only 2500kg. I think the new ones are or will be upgraded to 3000kg. We have friends that have there Quantum with a 220kg tow ball weight but the newer ones(last couple of years) have increased a bit.
If it was easy, everybody would be doing it. Build Thread viewtopic.php?f=51&t=16661
alian
Platinum Subscriber

Postby lgd on Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:25 am

Thanks Variflex - I had to google what it was ! :?
I used to be uncertain but lately I'm not so sure.
lgd

Postby TheEscapist on Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:11 pm

Is there a 'special' tool - cant seem to get a spanner anywhere near the nut. :?

I went to my fathers toolbox, grabbed a 30yr old spanner and cut it to length!
TheEscapist

Postby NowForThe5th on Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:46 pm

TheEscapist wrote:

I went to my fathers toolbox, grabbed a 30yr old spanner and cut it to length!

If you'd done that to one of my spanners the two ends would now protrude from each of your ears. :evil:
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby TheEscapist on Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:42 pm

Lol :D :lol:
TheEscapist

Postby lukey10 on Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:04 pm

Yeah, I was hoping to put install an audio in, sorry.
I grabbed some photos this arvo:
Click to view larger picture
Click to view larger picture
Thanks
If you don't know what you're doing then you may as well do it quickly.
lukey10

Postby Stoney101 on Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:51 pm

A mate has decided his chipit chip doesn't work well in his jk jeep so we're looking to put it into my ML. To do this I need to source the cable to suit the 3.2 but the price I've been given seems a little step (let's say for price of 4 cables I could buy the unit new)...

Does anyone know where I can source a cable or can find the wiring diagram? I can vaguely remember seeing that the plugs were available through jaycar but I could be wrong.

I was going to bug Tony but figured he's got better things to worry about at the moment...
Stoney101

Postby MacL3od on Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:21 am

With all the new information about engines over heating and service recalls etc, i was wondering if anyone had installed an engine temp gauge that is a bit more accurate then the standard engine temp gauge?

Anyone know if there is a thread on any of this?

Looking at something like this http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/AUTO-2-52mm- ... 1c3b28cdbb

Thanks
MacL3od

Postby 4wd26 on Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:02 am

alian wrote:
schlarpa wrote:Not sure if I should have stated a new thread but thought I would start here, I have already done some searching but we are looking at buying a Australian Off Road Quantum max weight loaded @ 2400kg. I would love to know if there is any out there doing this with their 2.5MN Triton?? If it wont do it we will probably sell the sedan and end up buying a Pajero

Yes the Prado's are only 2500kg. I think the new ones are or will be upgraded to 3000kg. We have friends that have there Quantum with a 220kg tow ball weight but the newer ones(last couple of years) have increased a bit.

Not sure of anyone here with the MN towing one.

BUT "trouble" tows one with a ML which has a towing allowed of 2500kg.

I tow a offroad caravan loaded near the same weight with my ML

and I have a mate with a NS pajero towing a Quantum (again with 2500kg)

There are a few towing larger loads with the MN but depends on where you want to go, I believe this (around 2500kg) is the max for the triton and you have the custom tray/ canopy, so potential to load up the tray combined with high ball weight and longer fulcrum (pivot) point of the MN.

it can do it but a new NW pajero with more power would do it nicer :cry:
Getting Out There
Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :o
4wd26

Postby emjayar on Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:48 am

4wd26 wrote:
alian wrote:

Not sure of anyone here with the MN towing one.

BUT "trouble" tows one with a ML which has a towing allowed of 2500kg.

I tow a offroad caravan loaded near the same weight with my ML

and I have a mate with a NS pajero towing a Quantum (again with 2500kg)

There are a few towing larger loads with the MN but depends on where you want to go, I believe this (around 2500kg) is the max for the triton and you have the custom tray/ canopy, so potential to load up the tray combined with high ball weight and longer fulcrum (pivot) point of the MN.

it can do it but a new NW pajero with more power would do it nicer :cry:

FYI the MLs are only rated at 2300kg.
http://www.lifesbumpyroads.com | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube
Driving the conversation on depression and suicide awareness and intervention for Lifeline and beyondblue
'07 ML GLXR 3.2L as seen in Australian 4WD Action issue 238
emjayar

Postby Scale on Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:10 pm

Why is there no power in the GLX fog light wiring harness?
I have a 2012 mn GLX im fitting my bullbar atm and discovered that the loom is there for the fog lights (GLX has no fog lights) but when the lights are turned on there is no power to either plug am I missing something?
I would of thought even though the lights aren't fitted on a GLX there still would be power to them.
Is it as simple as installing a fuse in the right slot?
Scale

Postby snowman on Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:17 pm

Scale wrote:Why is there no power in the GLX fog light wiring harness?
I have a 2012 mn GLX im fitting my bullbar atm and discovered that the loom is there for the fog lights (GLX has no fog lights) but when the lights are turned on there is no power to either plug am I missing something?
I would of thought even though the lights aren't fitted on a GLX there still would be power to them.
Is it as simple as installing a fuse in the right slot?

possibly the relay is not installed.
This car is like a bad drug habit. It is taking all my money and time, my family are concerned, but new mods just feel sooooooo good.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion