Can't find it? Ask here FIRST, before you start a new thread

Anything Triton related

Re: Can't find it? Ask here FIRST, before you start a new th

Postby damo83 on Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:54 am

GadgetMN wrote:....
Where would I look next? are there other relays, fuses or alike that can fail along the way?

The factory wiring harness has a couple of relays under the tub in the rear passenger side corner, not sure what the ARB setup uses but might be worth checking it out.
damo83

Postby andriesvdv on Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:02 am

I lost power to the left indicator on the trailer once. (ARB Rear bar)
I traced the cabling to the trailer wiring ECU (black box the size of a cigarette box), located behind the left tail light of the triton, accessible by pulling of the light assembly. It must have filled with water at some stage, the PCB showed signs of corrosion and some of the tracks was burned. (The Box was stuck on with double sided tape connectors facing up, I suspect the cause to be water spray from the back wheel)
I replaced the ECU (about $200.00), wrapped it in a plastic bag and taped up with insulation/electrical tape.
Hope this helps.
andriesvdv

Postby GadgetMN on Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:57 pm

damo83 wrote:
Where would I look next? are there other relays, fuses or alike that can fail along the way?

The factory wiring harness has a couple of relays under the tub in the rear passenger side corner, not sure what the ARB setup uses but might be worth checking it out.

Cheers... May check this one, as with the original stuff up from service dept they fitted a factory bar etc. Perhaps the ARB fitters just used this harness when swapping over.

NowForThe5th wrote:If they've used the Hayman Reese type controller then you you won't get any sense from just probing the sockets with a multimeter. The system has to sense a load on the circuit.

What kind of 'load' would be able to recreate this 5th? I connected to the negative and thought creating a circuit with the bulb infused screwdriver looking thingy would created the load and circuit.

Will keep you all posted.
GadgetMN

Postby NowForThe5th on Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:00 pm

Needs more. Close to what a normal bulb would be. LED tails wouldn't trigger it when I tried so I just wired up a bulb.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby GadgetMN on Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:28 pm

GadgetMN wrote:
damo83 wrote:

Cheers... May check this one, as with the original stuff up from service dept they fitted a factory bar etc. Perhaps the ARB fitters just used this harness when swapping over.

NowForThe5th wrote:If they've used the Hayman Reese type controller then you you won't get any sense from just probing the sockets with a multimeter. The system has to sense a load on the circuit.

What kind of 'load' would be able to recreate this 5th? I connected to the negative and thought creating a circuit with the bulb infused screwdriver looking thingy would created the load and circuit.

Will keep you all posted.

Once again the NTN forum saves the day. Found a dead fuse exactly where Damo83 said it would be. 95c later for a new 7.5 fuse and it's all go! However, I'm still wondering what caused it... further looking eventually!

Cheers all
GadgetMN

Postby Big Brad on Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:32 pm

My 4wd indicator light is flashing whilst driving

Ml v6 with 340k on it. Has done it before but went off on its own - not this time

Thoughts??

No worries - found the threads on it so off to have a play around .
The next statement is True - The first statement is False
Big Brad

Postby Danevs12345 on Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:32 am

Do front diff housings naturally look a little bent? Mine looks to be offset 10 degrees to the centre.
Danevs12345

Postby Lawz on Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:15 pm

Hi all. This my first post. I'm currently finalising funds to purchase the MQ GLS.
Is it worth getting the soft tonneau cover even though many including reviews have mentioned issues with it?
What is the difference between the spray on liners of the Genuine and other brands like Rhino and XtremeCoatings etc?
Also I notice there is a recall on towbar kit and reviewers mention it's low installation compared to how much higher it is on the glx? Is it worth getting or leaving off and getting aftermarket like hayman reece or arb summit rear bar down the track?
Also many dealerships have Bridgestone HTs but on the brochures it's Toyo Open Country A28s... would I be able to request these do you think?
Cheers
Lawz

Postby DoubleD on Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:30 am

Hi all, my MN has just began to make a noise when the turbo kicks in, seems like air rushing out?
First I thought it was from the exhaust as I was driving, but I have a feeling it's from the turbo. I
put the car in neutral and revved the engine but can't hear it.

We just returned home from school Hols towing our camper trailer and noticed it more so when it
was under load as apposed to just cruising along at 100km/h.

I've opened the bonnet & noticed some oil around the turbo.

Cheers
Dan
DoubleD

Postby biggibbo on Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:44 am

Hey Dan

Check that hose from the inter cooler to the turbo carefully. Probably has a small split/hole in it, or one of the hose clamps may be loose. When it fully let's go, you will lose all power.

They generally develop a crack underneath so may have to remove it to check it properly.
biggibbo

Postby DoubleD on Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:14 am

Thanks mate I'll check that out, hopefully that is all that's wrong as she's now out of warranty!!
I noticed there seems to be a bit of oil leaking from the turbo.
DoubleD

Postby DoubleD on Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:34 am

biggibbo wrote:Hey Dan

Check that hose from the inter cooler to the turbo carefully. Probably has a small split/hole in it, or one of the hose clamps may be loose. When it fully let's go, you will lose all power.

They generally develop a crack underneath so may have to remove it to check it properly.

I've just downloaded Tapatalk so hopefully I can post some pics, I'm about to take the inter cooler hose off to check.

Click to view larger pictureClick to view larger picture
DoubleD

Postby biggibbo on Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:29 am

A little bit of oil weeping past that seal is normal, however that does look excessive, especially on top of the VGT actuator. Might have busted a seal. Should probably get it checked
biggibbo

Postby DoubleD on Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:26 am

biggibbo wrote:A little bit of oil weeping past that seal is normal, however that does look excessive, especially on top of the VGT actuator. Might have busted a seal. Should probably get it checked

Found it mate split intercooler hose, I'll grab one & replace it after the long weekend!! Then I'll have the turbo looked at.

Click to view larger picture
DoubleD

Postby AussieAnth on Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:29 am

Im about to do a head unit (Kenwood DDX5015DAB) and speaker upgrade, and have already ordered some speakers, so I've done a fair bit of reading on here about the physical process and whats involved. I feel fairly prepared, but something just occured to me, and I haven't been able to find an answer although its probably hidden somewhere in one of the speaker threads.

My 2013 GLX has ( I believe) front component speakers (tweeter in upper door and mid range bass speaker in the lower door), and the rear speakers are coaxial (2 way bass & tweeter on same speaker.or is it just another set of front speakers without tweeters??).

Most people seem to be replacing their front speakers with 2 or 3 way coaxial speakers, which is what I'm planning on doing.

So it occurred to me, what happens to the factory tweeters when I install a new set of 2 way coaxial speakers?

Will the front tweeters keep working, and the tweeters on the new speakers will do nothing? ie: there is a factory crossover thats sending the higher frequencies to the factory tweeters and therefore the new 2 way coaxials will only get mid & low range frequencies?

Should I be buying components for the front?
IS there a factory crossover for the factory speakers, or is it more simple and I'm just overthinking it?
Is it the factory head unit thats splitting the signal between the door speakers & tweeters?
MY13 GLX Plus pack dual cab Triton.

My MN & ML Triton WORKSHOP MANUAL page on DropBox. Take a look.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mmyqr05gb8c8hgv/eKE4W216Dj

FORUM DIRECTORY
http://www.newtriton.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8230
AussieAnth
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Joel on Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:47 am

The glx doesn't have the tweeters only the glxr. If you look closley through the grill you will only see empty space so no need to worry about it :D
I only drink on days starting with T... Today and Tomorrow
Joel

Postby SLIMaxPower on Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:56 am

AussieAnth wrote:Im about to do a head unit (Kenwood DDX5015DAB) and speaker upgrade, and have already ordered some speakers, so I've done a fair bit of reading on here about the physical process and whats involved.

Nice unit m8. I installed one 4 weeks ago. If your installing it yourself you will need an aftermarket hood.
SLIMaxPower
Platinum Subscriber

Postby AussieAnth on Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:15 am

SLIMaxPower wrote:
AussieAnth wrote:Im about to do a head unit (Kenwood DDX5015DAB) and speaker upgrade, and have already ordered some speakers, so I've done a fair bit of reading on here about the physical process and whats involved.

Nice unit m8. I installed one 4 weeks ago. If your installing it yourself you will need an aftermarket hood.

Thanks mate. Did u install in a GLX-R or GLX?

I had a few blokes tell me they slotted a standard double DIN straight into the same spot in a GLX MN.

FORUM DIRECTORY
AussieAnth
Platinum Subscriber

Postby AussieAnth on Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:19 am

Joel wrote:The glx doesn't have the tweeters only the glxr. If you look closley through the grill you will only see empty space so no need to worry about it :D

Thanks Joel, I was wondering the same thing and swore I could hear treble coming from them although I was driving at the time.

FORUM DIRECTORY
AussieAnth
Platinum Subscriber

Postby SLIMaxPower on Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:22 am

GLX. Though I did buy the GLX-R hood previously for one of those cheapo android double din units. Still had to buy an aftermarket hood and put a couple of screws near the windscreen to stop it sliding out. (its covered by dash mat) The kenwood unit actually attaches to the hood and not hardmounted into the dash...

good luck
SLIMaxPower
Platinum Subscriber

Postby AussieAnth on Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:34 am

SLIMaxPower wrote:GLX. Though I did buy the GLX-R hood previously for one of those cheapo android double din units. Still had to buy an aftermarket hood and put a couple of screws near the windscreen to stop it sliding out. (its covered by dash mat) The kenwood unit actually attaches to the hood and not hardmounted into the dash...

good luck

Ok you've really got my attention now. So a standard double DIN won't fit under the factory hood of a MN GLX?? Any idea why? Kenwood stereo too deep? Is the after market hood taller or something?

FORUM DIRECTORY
AussieAnth
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Sabre on Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:12 pm

2015 MMCS ? Are they any good? I know a few years ago they were absolute rubbish in Pajeros, but curoius if they improved by the 2015 MN Triton?
Sabre

Postby NowForThe5th on Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:27 pm

Just a reminder, fellas.

This is the thread to ask where it is, not whether it's any good. ;)
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby Sabre on Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:31 pm

NowForThe5th wrote:Just a reminder, fellas.

This is the thread to ask where it is, not whether it's any good. ;)

Sorry, my bad :D
Sabre

Postby Jeffoz on Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:50 am

Hi everyone,

I have a MN 2014, I recently had new tyres put on Toyo opat2 and I have noticed the left front outside shoulder is wearing more than the rest of the tyre and this is only after 2000 kms. I had an alignment done after the new tyres were put on so not sure what could be causing it.

Should I be getting the alignment redone after a period of time.

I previously had issues with the stock tyres wearing heavily and after I had an alignment done the mechanic said that the numbers he was seeing were similar to numbers thtat would be done for corrections pre sale of brand new cars.
Jeffoz

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion