MN Triton - product information bulletin

Triton in the media

Re: MN Triton - product information bulletin

Postby Homer on Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:28 am

hmmmm...a bit strange.... I'm going with contact on this one....

contact wrote: when the NM Information Bulletin is read when reflected in a mirror with 3D glasses on it shows a image of who shot JFK... perhaps there are other untold mysteries it can unravel (ive only got through page 1) :lol: :lol:

I'm almost sure I saw a quick shot of Harrold Holt at the periscope of a Russian nuclear sub
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby Snooozy on Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:30 pm

I received an email re Leisurefest at Sandown Oct 1-4.
New Triton will be on display

see below

http://www.melbourneleisurefest.com.au/ ... fault.aspx

"Mitsubishi Triton & Outlander

Mitsubishi has the new Triton and Outlander at Leisurefest. Outlander features bold new frontal styling inspired by the Lancer Evolution X, a refreshed interior and more advanced drivetrains featuring the 2.4 litre MIVEC four cylinder and 3.0 litre MIVEC V6 engines. New Triton promises more power and safety, plus greater towing and load capacity, including the option of an extended tray. Big news is the new, high-powered (HP) 2.5-litre turbo diesel engine on four-wheel drive variants, with more power, torque and economy than the previous 3.2-litre engine. Two-wheel-drive Tritons retain the popular 2.4-litre petrol engine and 2.5-litre diesel engine from the previous line-up."

2.4 l & option for longer tray :?:
Snooozy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby garage-tuner on Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:54 am

Homer wrote:Does Ralliart really exist?

Can't find F**all when trying to contact them in Bris. Just get diverted to normal stealers.

TMR in Victoria are the people you need to talk to.

http://www.tmraustralia.com.au/

Tel: 03 9271 3668
Fax: 03 9271 3650
Email: tmr@tmraustralia.com.au
garage-tuner

Postby Homer on Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:19 pm

Thanks mate.....wonder if they'll say "what's that" when I tell them it's a V6.
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby UAV on Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:45 pm

http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com.au/pag ... px?id=6682

full details on website, and i got a call from mitsubishi today asking if i want a brochure sent out
UAV

Postby Etoile on Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:49 am

Arrh cool, the centre/trip computer looks like it's had an update! I know it's mostly useless but I'm a sucker for all thoses gadget-ie things :lol:

I'm liking the black and orange combo - works well :)
Etoile

Postby snipey47a on Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:17 pm

Homer wrote:Welcome mate and look forward to your 'review'.

Where are you from?

Sorry for the late reply mate. I have been jet setting all over the place on business.

Just to let you and everyone know that I pick up my new GLX-R on Wednesday arvo (7th Oct)! It would be Tuesday but there is a Public Holiday in Adelaide on Monday (first time I have had mixed feelings about a public holiday believe you me).... Anyway, I will post my first impressions straight away. Then next weekend, going to the country to visit the folks so I will be able to give you my impressions on highway driving and fuel economy bearing in mind the low k's on the engine....

Needless to say I am excited especially after reading the carsales review posted earlier!

Oh... and if you haven't guessed, I am from Adelaide.

Regards,

Snipey47a
Regards,

Snipey
snipey47a

Postby snipey47a on Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:14 pm

Oh.... one thing I forgot to mention was that the MN GLX-R doesn't come standard with the hard lid anymore. The stealer told me that Mitsubishi removed the hard lid as standard so that the inclusion of the extras in MN such as stability control, side and curtain airbags etc. did not inflate the price. I saw their price list and the GLX-R Manual is the only price that hasn't changed. The auto was up by $500.... I'm not sure why.

Personally, I am not disappointed with this at all. I found the hard tonneau restrictive because even though the lid can be removed, there were segments of it that couldn't be removed (at the base of the roll bar) which limited what could be put in the that area of the tub.

The only thing is, I wish I knew about this when I signed up for the vehicle but the stealer told me he didn't even know until the spec sheet was released. Apparently, the amount of info released to dealers to pre-sell MN was very small.

But for those who want a hard lid, I found out some info that may interest you that I found out when the stealer tried to sell me one to put on my new MN. It is a different hard lid (obviously) with a raised section and you can now get a light installed as well as integration with the remote central locking of the car. That was another thing the pissed me off about the lid from the ML... the locking mechanisms were not the best.

Anyway, I hope this info helps!
Regards,

Snipey
snipey47a

Postby bmd_melb on Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:41 pm

Yes - rear electric is still there. Also Traction control CAN be turned off...
Saw one on the weekend...
bmd_melb

Postby Homer on Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:44 am

bmd_melb wrote:Yes - rear electric is still there. Also Traction control CAN be turned off...
Saw one on the weekend...

8-)

Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby tryhard on Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:00 am

Storm Trooper wrote:does anyone know about the rear electric window, is it still there on the new model?

Hi Storm - the GLX-R still has the rear electric window ... other thing I noticed was an "ASC Off" switch ... presumably for circle work ?? :p
---

MY10 MN GLX-R 2.5 DiD Auto gunmetal grey
tryhard

Previous

Return to Triton News