Click to view larger picture

madpyro

Re: Some MN TRITON Pics

Postby tritionspecn on Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:03 pm

Are you teasing us Mad.
Great work! ;) Now I am getting excited again. Been waiting for a bloody triton since jun!
tritionspecn

Postby madpyro on Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:12 pm

Its the real thing :D
madpyro

Postby tritionspecn on Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:15 pm

woo hoo I say. Is this in syd. the stealer said that they are expecting oct 15 for melb deliveries to showroom?
tritionspecn

Postby madpyro on Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:19 pm

as far as i know its in syd, release date is the 2nd october in syd
madpyro

Postby Bammo on Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:35 am

That front grill looks like some kind of transformer Shogun :shock: In the words of Clarence Boddicker... I LIKE IT!
Bammo

Postby Homer on Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:13 am

Looks like the rear window button is now beside the cigarette lighter.

That's the only worse point I can see. The rest looks gooooood.

Mits should put the drink holders where the MK ones were.....much better position and doesn't collect all the crap.
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby snowman on Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:19 am

i read somewhere yesterday that the Triton is %30 of all Aussie MMAL sales. That shows you how popular they are when you consider all their other models........ 8-) and this is a commercial vehicle.

yep she looks good and it should be better - all new models should be better :!: . not a big fan of these new wheels though..... :? not long before we start getting real user feedback on the MN's.

i'm still very happy i picked up mine at $40k in Jan 09.

the more they sell the quicker accessories will come out as well. in the old days if you did't own a cruiser, patrol or hilux you were hard pressed buying anything aftermarket. :o :x
This car is like a bad drug habit. It is taking all my money and time, my family are concerned, but new mods just feel sooooooo good.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby timothy on Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:16 am

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO they put in a armrest in the centre!!!!!!!!!!I WANT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and the stock alu's look aloth better :)
timothy

Postby Dylan 191 on Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:29 am

colour coded flares standard now hey ?
Marge bring me your address book ,4 beers and my conversation hat !!
Dylan 191

Postby amalinze on Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:25 am

i wonder if anyone will consider slipping a 3.2 into one of these!
METHANOL INJECTION ROCKS!
amalinze

Postby Buzzy on Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:32 pm

Definatly in Sydney.
Look at the red dust crap on it :lol:
Buzzy
Valued Contributor

Postby NowForThe5th on Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:42 pm

Have an MN in the shop and thought I would take some photos and make a few observations:

This will make fitting a second battery interesting:

I'd say the short snorkels are a thing of the past:

Did3.2: you'd better tool up for those seat spacers. The new seats are better, but not much, and still way too flat in the base.

The armrest is a big plus.

Plenty of room here for a trip computer and since the air vents are just nearby, there shouldn't be issues with cooling.

Towbar is ENORMOUS

Sports bars from ML, without the hard lid, look silly, ending in mid air.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby Silver Streak on Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:37 pm

NowForThe5th said:

Sports bars from ML, without the hard lid, look silly, ending in mid air

Well that answers my question about fitting a canopy with the sports bars left in place, and they look as though they're easy enough to remove I guess, just 4 bolts.

Silver Streak.
Silver Streak

Postby Jitsukablue on Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:12 pm

Looks like mmal copied the arm rest design off this website.
He who dies with the most toys, wins
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters...
Jitsukablue

Postby Tony on Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:10 am

Got mine yesterday! Fitting duel batterys will be no problem. There is enough room for a custom made 21" battery gradle and then use two 10" optima bateries. They have plenty of kick. Safari will find a way to do the snorkel,aparently working on it now. Seats are heaps better than the ML. Driver is hight adjustable as well.
Tony
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Homer on Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:18 pm

Silver Streak wrote:NowForThe5th said:

Sports bars from ML, without the hard lid, look silly, ending in mid air

Well that answers my question about fitting a canopy with the sports bars left in place, and they look as though they're easy enough to remove I guess, just 4 bolts.

Silver Streak.

With the overlip tub liner the sports bar sits directly on top and looks like it is supposed to be there....on the ML anyway.
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby hoody on Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:02 pm

apparently these are more powerfull but you have to wring its neck to beet the ml
hoody

Postby sierra on Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:41 pm

hoody wrote:apparently these are more powerfull but you have to wring its neck to beet the ml

Where did you get that from Hoody?
The MN produces more torque at lower revs and the general feedback so far, from previous ML owners who have bought one, is that it's a lot punchier than the old engine.
Certainly what you say was the expectation before it arrived but the proof of the pudding suggests otherwise.
;) :D
sierra

Postby sam on Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:45 pm

I just read the write up in 4wd action and they reckon it's a powerhouse BUT you do need to use revs much like the Navara to get the best out of it ;)
sam

Postby sierra on Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:26 pm

sam wrote:I just read the write up in 4wd action and they reckon it's a powerhouse BUT you do need to use revs much like the Navara to get the best out of it ;)

That's a good thing to have an engine that pulls hard at the top end, otherwise there's no point in going there except to max out in top gear.
In the real world we use partial throttle and the 2000rpm sweet spot and I assume that's where the MN is much stronger but to have the ability to provide a bit more by 'screaming' right out to 3000-4000rpm has to be a bonus compared with the earlier version that I assume died in the arse up there?
The underlying suggestion that 'you need to rev it to get the best out of it' suggests it's gutless elsewhere but I think the truth is that it's more powerful than the 3.2 'everywhere' from about 1500rpm and it doesn't gasp at the top end but rewards with a well mapped power band made possible by the modern cylinder head design.

Image what it would be like if I had one of these engines?
:D :lol:
sierra

Postby ag9111 on Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:32 am

sierra wrote:
sam wrote:I just read the write up in 4wd action and they reckon it's a powerhouse BUT you do need to use revs much like the Navara to get the best out of it ;)

That's a good thing to have an engine that pulls hard at the top end, otherwise there's no point in going there except to max out in top gear.
In the real world we use partial throttle and the 2000rpm sweet spot and I assume that's where the MN is much stronger but to have the ability to provide a bit more by 'screaming' right out to 3000-4000rpm has to be a bonus compared with the earlier version that I assume died in the arse up there?
The underlying suggestion that 'you need to rev it to get the best out of it' suggests it's gutless elsewhere but I think the truth is that it's more powerful than the 3.2 'everywhere' from about 1500rpm and it doesn't gasp at the top end but rewards with a well mapped power band made possible by the modern cylinder head design.

Image what it would be like if I had one of these engines?
:D :lol:

Couldn't have put it better Sierra. This Engine is much better up around the top end. Haven't taken it above 3500 yet but the ML was beginning to die around the 4000 mark due to the small turbo. This one still feels like it has a lot of pull left.
I love cats, but I couldn't eat a full one!

Mud is like unprotected sex
30 secs of fun for a lifetime of grief
ag9111
Platinum Subscriber

Postby hoody on Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:34 am

sierra , issue 142 4wd action,page 74, third parargraph, the engine has to be reved alot harder for it to reach its peak [ not trying to upset anyone just stating what all of us use as our reference points 4x4 mags]

Thanks sam
hoody

Postby sierra on Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:26 pm

hoody wrote:sierra , issue 142 4wd action,page 74, third parargraph, the engine has to be reved alot harder for it to reach its peak [ not trying to upset anyone just stating what all of us use as our reference points 4x4 mags]
Thanks sam

That's what you get when peak power is at 4000rpm instead of 2000rpm but the point is that the power at 2000rpm is more than the old one was at the same revs but if you use the next 2000rpm it keeps pulling harder instead of fainting.
That's where the max power should be, at the top end but with a good spread of torque throughout the rest.
Sounds like we at last have a diesel that pulls at the top end instead of fading away from a power peak at 2000rpm.
:D

hoody wrote:apparently these are more powerfull but you have to wring its neck to beet the ml

Just realised where this came from Hoody. You 'assumed' from that statement the MN has to be revved to outpower the ML but the fact is the MN will outpower the ML when they both change at the same rpm be it 2000 or 2500rpm because it has more NM and KW throughout the rev range but especially above 3000rpm.
That's all I'm trying to get across to you guys.
The ML 3.2 has a slight advantage at very low rpm but from 1500rpm to 4000rpm the 2.5HP has it trumped.
sierra

Postby tritionspecn on Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:50 pm

Hey Guys,
The pull of the MN from 2000 rpm to 3500 rpm is very sweet. Very seldom do I need to got past 3000 rpm for any real reason. The range in between is more than enough, this is based on the auto though.
Oh, perhaps maybe throw this last bit of chatter into the MN Drivers Feedback ??? :roll:
tritionspecn

Next

Return to Triton News