MN in 4x4 australia!

Triton in the media

MN in 4x4 australia!

Postby boycee on Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:39 pm

Hey Guy's,

Just so you guy's don't think I was lying when I said I saw the MN at mt ive station, Check this months 4x4 Australia mag.

See the dickheads drive it in the lake. :evil:

All in all a good artical. 8-)
www.4wdsupplies.com.au
boycee
Platinum Subscriber

Re: MN in 4x4 australia!

Postby daryn on Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:05 pm

Outlander was in Sunday's Telegraph and they mentioned Mt Ive.
daryn
Valued Contributor

Postby Adamj on Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:57 pm

Was at my dealer today seeing where they were up to with my new ml and they had a mn their, they need to call it the serena williams you should see how far the bum sticks out.
Adamj

Postby zen on Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:16 pm

I saw one at my dealer today too. Looks fine.
zen

Postby tryhard on Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:26 pm

Adamj wrote:Was at my dealer today seeing where they were up to with my new ml and they had a mn their, they need to call it the serena williams you should see how far the bum sticks out.

'Tis true, but coming from the one with no bum that I'm in now (ML) to the Serena Williams version, having had only a short time in Serena Williams, I still bought her :) ... when all her other bits feel that good, you'll see past her huge ar*e. But you'll still be happy with the ML .. still poops all over the Navara ...
---

MY10 MN GLX-R 2.5 DiD Auto gunmetal grey
tryhard

Postby tryhard on Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:35 pm

For anyone who hasn't got the mag yet, the 4x4 Australia gives the MN a good rap, says they are considering letting it have the ML's 4WDOTY award until the next judging. Said jury was out on the 2.5 engine till more testing but it was impressive so far. They also said the ASC was the biggest and best addition, gave the 4 star safety rating a thumbs up, and suggested you'd be mad not to take the $700 Diff Lock option (which mucked up my order because I've now decided I want it and have to wait till December to get a white one with diff lock ;) ) I'll probably never use it 'cos of my wussy schedule away from the dirt, but gotta be ok for resale you'd reckon.

Cheers
Carl
---

tryhard

Postby sam on Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:37 pm

Also noted that they reckon you can't lift the triton more than approx 20 mm in the front as they tend to chew out ball joints :roll: and they suffer front shudder from rear lift :roll:

Has anyone heard of the front end issues and they failed to mention that the shudder issues were with the 2 piece tailshaft :( on earlier easy select vehicles

Even though they gave it a pretty good rap they still had to put the boots in somewhere and one of these I've NEVER heard of. :?
sam

Postby Naff on Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:26 am

They wouldn't know about chewing out ball joints this early would they??? Maybe they're working off the ML problems pre MY09.
Naff
Platinum Subscriber

Postby rawlos on Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:04 pm

just looked at new triton i think that it is over rated and far to long for the avg carport,i have put a offer in on the new pajero nt gls auto much better val for money
rawlos

Postby snowman on Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:36 pm

rawlos,

you getting rid of your Triton?
This car is like a bad drug habit. It is taking all my money and time, my family are concerned, but new mods just feel sooooooo good.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby tryhard on Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:05 am

rawlos wrote:just looked at new triton i think that it is over rated and far to long for the avg carport,i have put a offer in on the new pajero nt gls auto much better val for money

yeah but if someone wants a dual cab, what's better than a Triton ?
---

tryhard

Postby jacky_moo on Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:12 pm

After having a look at the MN im sold.. will be running figures to see what and when i can get one.. i was looking at the extra length in the tub and its not really much at all when you think about it. by my measurements the new MN dual cab is the same length as my ML... with the towbar on :P

They Did fix the bloody seats with more bolstering and now have height adjustment on them as standard, aswell as steering wheel audio controls and cruise.. my 3 main gripes about the triton!!

i want proxy entry tho!!
jacky_moo

Postby rawlos on Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:52 am

Yes she is sold get a new nt gls in 3 weeks .the new triton is longer and when you fit a towbar and bull bar it wont fit in the carport .I was also not sold on the 2.5 i just dont think it is a good motor opt for a heavy ute .Snowman i am home now so i will get the tape out and pm you ;)
rawlos

Postby sierra on Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:04 am

rawlos wrote:Yes she is sold get a new nt gls in 3 weeks .the new triton is longer and when you fit a towbar and bull bar it wont fit in the carport .I was also not sold on the 2.5 i just dont think it is a good motor opt for a heavy ute .Snowman i am home now so i will get the tape out and pm you ;)

Red Book quotes retail $61,290 + orc
4.9m so it fits but can you tell us how much it cost on the road to compare discounting and is it made in Thailand or Japan?
:)
sierra

Postby rawlos on Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:34 pm

it is made in japan i paid 57000 driveaway with met paint 12m rego floor mats full tank fuel :D :D
rawlos

Postby tryhard on Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:46 am

rawlos wrote:it is made in japan i paid 57000 driveaway with met paint 12m rego floor mats full tank fuel :D :D

that's $11K more than the MN triton, but it's a completely different segment ... definitely nothing wrong with a Paj. At that sort of dough you'd probably compare the new Prado ? ... but neither is going to look good with a pile of rocks or mulch in the back :)
---

tryhard

Postby rawlos on Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:46 pm

where can you get a glxr auto fo 46000 driveaway?????????????????
rawlos

Postby Naff on Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:44 pm

I got my GLXR manual for 40,800 driveaway from Paceway Mitsubishi in Osbourne Park WA. The MN will come down to that in a few months, once they get over the initial supply problems.
Naff
Platinum Subscriber

Postby tryhard on Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:19 pm

rawlos wrote:where can you get a glxr auto fo 46000 driveaway?????????????????

Local stealer. MN GLX-R $46,025 driveaway with auto, diff lock and front tint. Ya just gotta haggle :)
---

tryhard

Postby tryhard on Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:26 pm

NaffX214 wrote:I got my GLXR manual for 40,800 driveaway from Paceway Mitsubishi in Osbourne Park WA. The MN will come down to that in a few months, once they get over the initial supply problems.

I don't reckon there'll be any drop in list price, and probably minimal deals because of the demand, till the Gumbyment's 50% deal is over at end of December. I think you'll also see them wanting at least a few grand more than the previous bottom price after December, to justify the safety / handling / other improvements. Interested to see what they'll do though ... I reckon Tritons will outnumber Hilux and Navara combined if they keep improving the way they are ... ok maybe hard to knock off the Hilux but it'll come close, and that's only cos the Toyota fanatics won't see common sense :)
---

tryhard

Postby sierra on Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:38 pm

The A$ has gained value by about 20% this year against the Thai Baht where it's being made[apart from the 2.5D]
That leaves a lot of scope for price reductions.
:)
sierra

Postby rawlos on Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:35 pm

Have you got that price on paper because when push come to shove i cant see it being signed of by dealer ?.
if you can good luck to you but you can see by the price i got that i can deal hard
rawlos

Postby tryhard on Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:44 am

rawlos wrote:Have you got that price on paper because when push come to shove i cant see it being signed of by dealer ?.
if you can good luck to you but you can see by the price i got that i can deal hard

It's on the contract which myself and the dealer signed - the car is being delivered (in Dec because of the delay for diff lock) - so I guarantee you the deal was done at that price, I wouldn't have quoted it here otherwise. I can scan it for you if you think I'm a BS artist. The price I'd offered was $45K on road, then I added the diff lock because I figure it will give better resale options, and window tint only because the aftermarket girl was absolutely stunning.

I wasn't questioning your ability to strike your own deal btw, I was suggesting to get a stealer to drop 10% + off the list price usually takes some perseverance. This was my second vehicle with the same dealer and the process wasn't as painful this time as I wasn't hungover and they knew my first offer was my final offer. Too easy to fall into the stealer traps if you agree to 'negotiate'. I reckon there'd be at least $6-$8K you could shave off a Paj list price if you tried, (I usually get the discountnewcars.com.au driveaway price and take off 10-15% as my offer price ... then at least you know you're better off than the average punter walking in unprepared) ... but supply and demand will play a big part, if there's not many around, admittedly the dealer will wait for the next bloke prepared to pay more coin. I just figure the less you pay at purchase the less you'll get burned at resale time.
---

tryhard

Postby rawlos on Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:04 pm

No i dont think you are b shiting i just kwon that in perth thay are doing that good a deal i also was told today that you will have to wait till march for a hilux so i can only imagin that will hold the price up close to retail
rawlos

Postby boycee on Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:13 pm

Triton is also in Overlander this month. 8-)
www.4wdsupplies.com.au
boycee
Platinum Subscriber

Next

Return to Triton News