MN After market Accessories

Triton in the media

MN After market Accessories

Postby ag9111 on Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:01 pm

Rang around today, and so far, have not found anybody making canopies, bullbars or snorkels for the new MN yet.

Wonder were my dealer got the pricing from them when they did the quote for the insurance company. ;)

Salesman looking very sheepish this arvo and seems to be avoiding my calls. :x
I love cats, but I couldn't eat a full one!

Mud is like unprotected sex
30 secs of fun for a lifetime of grief
ag9111
Platinum Subscriber

Re: MN After market Accessories

Postby Buzzy on Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:22 pm

ag9111
I would have thought that the current ML bullbars & snorkels would fit the MN?
Canopies however would obviously be different
Buzzy
Valued Contributor

Postby ag9111 on Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:39 pm

Had a good look at the MN this morning, GLR manual diesel model, Not GLX-R, and found some interesting things.
1 Chassis is the same so may be able to fit ML tray on, will look into further when i get mine
2 there is something to do with the stability control behind the battery and a new hose in front so fitting a 8" or 10" battery is going to be even harder now.
3 Dash is nearly exactly the same except for the positioning of the radio and some switches. DIN pocket were ML radio resides. Centre armrest console and drivers seat are great additions
4 Door trims around window switches are now black instead of silver, looks horrible, in line with black mirrors and black ext door handles. Leading edge of tray is also black
5 spare is now steel
6 there are some lumps and bumps on the front end that make the current bullbar manufactures say they want fit. These really dont show up on the brocher. Probably havent tried yet. Ironman salesman say theres will fit but they haven't tried either.
7 Snorkel supplies havent played either but i rekon that they will fit as the airbox looks exactly the same. Airtek should fit no problem as they dont follow the guard profile like the safari.
8 Forgot to look at the tailshaft but the brocher cutaway of the GLX-R shows a two piece?
9 Couldn't find a switch to shut of the Traction or Stability controls :evil:
10 No rear window so a heap of room behind the rear seat 8-)

Sure there are others differences that i missed, Still haven't test driven one though
Last edited by ag9111 on Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
I love cats, but I couldn't eat a full one!

Mud is like unprotected sex
30 secs of fun for a lifetime of grief
ag9111
Platinum Subscriber

Postby rawlos on Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:31 pm

It should fit is the same car just a longer tray have been told old body will fit 100% as chas is the same this has come from a local body builder that has fitted a tray
rawlos

Postby Greedy on Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:50 am

It will fit as Mitsi's haven't changed their trays at all. The MN will get the ML ally tray.
I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal labotomy!

It ain't pretty being easy!!
Greedy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby pickle on Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:43 pm

ag9111 wrote:Had a good look at the MN this morning, GLR manual diesel model, Not GLX-R, and found some interesting things.
1 Chassis is the same so may be able to fit ML tray on, will look into further when i get mine
2 there is something to do with the stability control behind the battery and a new hose in front so fitting a 8" or 10" battery is going to be even harder now.
3 Dash is nearly exactly the same except for the positioning of the radio and some switches. DIN pocket were ML radio resides. Centre armrest console and drivers seat are great additions
4 Door trims around window switches are now black instead of silver, looks horrible, in line with black mirrors and black ext door handles. Leading edge of tray is also black
5 spare is now steel
6 there are some lumps and bumps on the front end that make the current bullbar manufactures say they want fit. These really dont show up on the brocher. Probably havent tried yet. Ironman salesman say theres will fit but they haven't tried either.
7 Snorkel supplies havent played either but i rekon that they will fit as the airbox looks exactly the same. Airtek should fit no problem as they dont follow the guard profile like the safari.
8 Forgot to look at the tailshaft but the brocher cutaway of the GLX-R shows a two piece?
9 Couldn't find a switch to shut of the Traction or Stability controls :evil:
10 No rear window so a heap of room behind the rear seat 8-)

Sure there are others differences that i missed, Still haven't test driven one though

Answers to your questions.
ML tray will fit on?
The ASC relays are located where you would fit 2nd battery but can be relocated.
ML front bar will not fit!
Snorkel should fit!
Tailshaft is two peice
ASC does have an off switch.
Dave
pickle

Postby NowForThe5th on Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:44 pm

I had a look at one this morning.
- VR spare was steel before. GLR is essentially the same. Why can't Mitsu stick to a consistent model designation?
- Biggest problem I saw with front bar is number plate mount which now sticks out instead of being recessed. This could make the cut interesting but if you cut at that height it should be ok. You can always cut above the top of the bullbar and put the trim strip on the plastic rather than the back of the bar. I've seen this done on an ML and it looks neat and prevents the whole problem of rubbing at the corners. Also allows the bar to be moved back further which is a real plus.
- As near as I could tell there has been no change to the guards so external snorkel parts should fit & inside engine bay/air box looks the same as current.
- I looked at GLX-R auto and tailshaft was one piece. Why would they go back to a problem setup?
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby Greedy on Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:09 pm

NowForThe5th wrote:I looked at GLX-R auto and tailshaft was one piece. Why would they go back to a problem setup?

The auto has always had a one-piece. Two-piece was the manual problem. :geek:
I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal labotomy!

It ain't pretty being easy!!
Greedy
Platinum Subscriber

Return to Triton News